• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:04:16 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Crashes, cores & freezes

Started by 𝖙𝖋𝖈, June 03, 2016, 10:09:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

𝖙𝖋𝖈

June 03, 2016, 10:09:01 AM Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 10:11:11 AM by TheFatController
We've been racing online with 6 - 12 people regularly for a while now and have had all kinds of problems so I thought I'd share what I've learned and hope others put tips in too. Who knows maybe PiBoSo might find something useful..

I get a big freeze guaranteed every time I go back to pits / menu when racing online with more than 2 - 3 people. This is sometimes a core crash. I also get random cores while riding.

I've resolved this 95%  by turning all graphics settings down. Disable reflections and 3d grass seems to be a huge help but I also turn down textures, model detail and antialiasing. Better fps for racing too.

Lots of people suffer cores every time they're online and some don't have any. Could this be something to do with graphics settings, strain on some systems, memory available to some people?

Definitely seems random, but only happening to some people makes me think a crash is determined by localised issues.

GDUBMX

The game does seem unstable with memory. For example, for me I have 16gb of ram but have to disable my 400mb buffer size for some tracks especially mxbc compound.otherwise the game will just fall at the connecting screen.

The online pits freeze is a pretty shit one, I've found with this game that if it freezes and you see the windows loading circle animation pop up,  just leave it and do click or move you mouse.ive found that you can move it,  just do not click. Wait about 10 or more seconds during the freeze and then move you mouse,  if it moves freely and smoothly then it is safe to click.

I found last night that during a freeze after returning to pits I clicked my mouse but didn't crash, I did however appear to be in the server on my own. Weird thing is when I looked at players online it said everyone was still there, chat was unresponsive so I tried live replay mode and saw no riders.i backed out and rejoined and there they all were again doing laps and chatting?

A big complaint during my stream last night was at the laggy netcode and constant connects/disconnects that seemed to plague the server. Imo the online stability should take precedence at the moment as it is the main aspect of the game.
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

philiaN

Hm, i think the problem is due to something else. I had only Core's/freezes as geo tried to connect. And do you remember the Paleta race? Server was freezing - geo disconnected - all was fine :( Maybe we can make a little test race on a mxbc server? Geo what is your Server/Host? Are you playing on the Server?

pacopastor34

Last night I cored 4 times before moto1. I did what Fat explained and all was fine and I was able to finish the 2 motos.

ChrisK

Quote from: pacopastor34 on June 03, 2016, 01:07:12 PM
Last night I cored 4 times before moto1. I did what Fat explained and all was fine and I was able to finish the 2 motos.

u mean Setting the graphic Settings down?

philiaN

i tried it for an other race, but it didn't helped me. how i said, i think i got cored cause of geo :)) maybe he can explain to us how the server/host is hosted :)

GDUBMX

Geo,could it be a possible new piece of hardware you have bought or maybe a driver causing the issue?
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Also something occured to me.. What is your bandwidth setting? I don't know what it's supposed to do but I put mine on high at the start I think..

BadStar

I don't have online core's a often as most and run on max settings.. but I do agree that sometimes (like last night) it's plagued by something.
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime