• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 03:20:40 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

2001 - 2008 RM 250 (WIP)

Started by 𝖙𝖋𝖈, June 12, 2016, 10:25:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

𝖙𝖋𝖈

BadStar

This is already my favorite model to hit this game, hope it rides well!!

I appreciate that you like to keep it competitive to the MSM's, which is what the simulation is based around. I do think a little tweak to the power gain could be in order so you feel it engage more like the 125? If it makes it OP or something silly then nvm.
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Thanks! It could do with a few tweaks to the engine I suppose, I just don't want it to go the same way as the other custom bikes where it's disproportionate. As the geometry plays a big part in the handling.. I dunno, I may see if someone wants to have a go at making an engine for it to see how it goes, but I don't have much interest in doing that myself..

StoneRider

StoneRider

why is it blurry under the front fender ??

𝖙𝖋𝖈

I genuinely have no idea.. The texture really isn't that much smaller there, in fact some other parts are a bit smaller and the texture appears clearer. Not too bothered by it but would be nice to fix.

StoneRider

well... if you want to match the rider and helmet.. it works for me

𝖙𝖋𝖈

No I think you're right geo.. Maybe the rate of buildup could be based on the conditions.. I didn't notice any difference between riding on a wet and dry track (riding wet hoping to increase the rate of mud buildup).. Asked the question but haven't had a reply about how it works.

I also don't think a bike gets that muddy on the front number plate unless getting roosted but guess for now it has to account for all circumstances.

The above picture is full mud btw.. many many laps in  ;)

𝖙𝖋𝖈

At the very minimum you'd need a layer for:

dry solo, wet solo, dry following, wet following.

On a similar note I'd also still love the 'being roosted' sound I requested ages ago. Sounds simple to me but maybe not so easy to implement.. If you ride through particles of another bike you hear the sound of roost hitting plastic, would be so immersive! Would make following another bike more intense.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

July 17, 2016, 12:09:49 PM #205 Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 10:35:19 PM by TheFatController
One neat thing, found a sneaky way of having with or without handguards on the same model, so will be adding a few accessories that people can pick and choose from and skin, handguards, disc cover, toying with the idea of twinwalls and fatbar but will have to see how that one goes!

.. Edit.. Never mind, scratch that. It works but has a few pitfalls that aren't good enough   :(

.. Edit.. Again.. Maybe it will work after all  :o

𝖙𝖋𝖈

July 18, 2016, 08:01:18 PM #206 Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 08:13:55 PM by TheFatController
Does anyone know how blender and alpha works? Just using a texture with an alpha layer when exporting makes the transparent parts appear black in game.. Setting proper alpha in blender works ok but makes the textured parts of the object look like glass where the back edges / faces are see through..

𝖙𝖋𝖈

For anyone who's interested, feedbacks been good from the few who have tried it out so will aim to get a v1 out sometime next week ;)

Would you guys prefer v1 with or without handguards?

GDUBMX

<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

Vilas