• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:14:23 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

2001 - 2008 RM 250 (WIP)

Started by 𝖙𝖋𝖈, June 12, 2016, 10:25:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vortex_Damien

Super impressive.. well done :)

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Thanks :D plastics clean up today if I get time. Could do with some rounder edges on the tank and going to attempt bolt holes.

Vortex_Damien

8 sides minimum for a circle ;)

pacopastor34

Quote from: TheFatController on June 21, 2016, 10:56:14 AM
Thanks :D plastics clean up today if I get time. Could do with some rounder edges on the tank and going to attempt bolt holes.

Very nice work!!! I learnt yesterday to make holes. It's easier than I thought. Let's go! Just unwrapping to finish!!! Add me to steam fats!

𝖙𝖋𝖈

How are you adding your holes paco? I think I should have included them in my mesh to begin with because a few methods are not working out well!

pacopastor34

I use 3D Max but I guess in blender should be the same. Polygons are polygons.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Bc52fcrHvAA

Hope it helps you

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Thanks paco, tried everything short of creating them from scratch so will have a go, hopefully it won't take too much!

BadStar

I can't wait to do a youtube edit with this bike @ Glen Helen.. woot!
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

ChrisK

Its the brake pump or mastercylinder for ur footbrake idk the name in english.  Realy nice bike, and u working realy fast that cant be your first bike :)

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Master cyliner.. Thanks Chris! Used to cars not bikes ;D

𝖙𝖋𝖈

June 22, 2016, 12:04:37 PM #86 Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 01:07:45 PM by TheFatController
Edit: Never mind.. Thanks gdub for the explanation!

Maybe someone can help out.. What are these?

It looks like they're connected to the fork guards, and if so do they move with the fork guards up and down the top part of the shock? Seems a little weird..

PizzaChet

Those are the guides for the slider guards. Prevents them from flopping around in race conditions.  8)
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Thanks guys..

Yup Pizza.. gdub said they were to stop fork guards flapping around as found on older bikes and don't travel with the guards but instead on a rail or something inside the guard.

geo, didn't even know these things existed! Interesting..

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Well, guess it's about time I entered the world of high poly. Boy this is gonna take some time  :-\