• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:04:21 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

2001 - 2008 RM 250 (WIP)

Started by 𝖙𝖋𝖈, June 12, 2016, 10:25:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pacopastor34

Quote from: TheFatController on June 22, 2016, 06:07:13 PM
Well, guess it's about time I entered the world of high poly. Boy this is gonna take some time  :-\

Very nice. What's a good polycount? I keep doing the kx500 and in some parts I think it is very high poly. I know there is not a limit...but my graphic card hasn't got the same opinion.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

I was sat at about 14000 tri's before I started the high poly version.. Not sure what a good limit is but I know some GP bikes models are 50 - 60k. Geo is attempting to find out but would be interested to know, Damien what's the RMZ up to?

Vortex_Damien

the high poly version is made for bakes.. you will not see any of that in game.. it is for your normal map baking. as far as the in game model my rmz was 56k but i could have easily made the count less it if i wanted too. 14000 offers alot of room for detail that you would not normally put in the low poly but if you can do it all on your high poly things should look pretty good :)

Vortex_Damien

Could retopo the model but that will take more time
I like to start with the Low poly then work on the high poly using the low poly as a base

Snappe

Quote from: Vortex_Damien on June 22, 2016, 11:42:55 PM
the high poly version is made for bakes.. you will not see any of that in game.. it is for your normal map baking.

This ^

Also don't forget to make lods if your model is very high poly.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Thanks for the tips all.. Although I'm now going to have to make a low poly version of my high poly due to having to change some geometry to get high poly to work better. It's all a learning curve I guess!

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Damn rear end took a while..

Just engine left to high poly!

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Hows the front end looking?  :D

GDUBMX

Wow man, really come on loads eh! Can't wait to try this in game.  Nice work mate
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

𝖙𝖋𝖈

June 24, 2016, 06:15:02 PM #99 Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 06:17:02 PM by TheFatController
Getting closer!

PizzaChet

Damn nice! Really coming along Fats. Is it just me, or are the shock shaft and spring coil too small in diameter? Looks a little wimpy.
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

June 24, 2016, 06:38:53 PM #101 Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 06:41:41 PM by TheFatController
Thanks.. Well it is stock, I worked the diameters as best I could by lining it up with the picture and using reference pics but maybe I'll give it some more protein ;)

𝖙𝖋𝖈

𝖙𝖋𝖈

pacopastor34

Did you cut the cable in two pieces? In the middle of the lower and upper forks?

Very nice! Can't wait to skin it and race!

Again, who is ready to help me to do a new 250 sounds?  I think the default sound sounds like a 50cc...