• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:29:11 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

2001 - 2008 RM 250 (WIP)

Started by 𝖙𝖋𝖈, June 12, 2016, 10:25:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pacopastor34

July 03, 2016, 03:21:15 PM #150 Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 03:23:22 PM by pacopastor34
Quote from: TheFatController on July 03, 2016, 02:58:14 PM
:o  ;D

Always check the recalculate normals option in FBX2EDF Converter.

Later in bike ed you have to place stand crosses next to the frame.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Oh I figured it lol, my textures were .png not .tga so they now work..

Well, I say work. Only one of my texture maps shows up and it's applied to the whole bike, not the two files.. Any ideas?

pacopastor34

Quote from: TheFatController on July 03, 2016, 03:22:35 PM
Oh I figured it lol, my textures were .png not .tga so they now work..

Well, I say work. Only one of my texture maps shows up and it's applied to the whole bike, not the two files.. Any ideas?

You have to put main tga to the pieces you want, another tga to the other pieces but before that you have to link your normals and your spec mac with the main texture by .shd

I don't know if it helps.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

OK I am experimenting, but I'd really love to know from PiBoSo / Snappe on this one..

Using Blender, how do you have two UV layouts, and two textures working in game? It seems to be picking up the 2nd texture and the first UV map only..

Snappe

Quote from: TheFatController on July 03, 2016, 01:15:18 PM
How do I move say in this case 'gear_lever', without moving 'gear_lever_pivot'?

Object > Snap > Cursor to Selected and then Object > Transform > Origin to 3d Cursor can be quite helpful. Except, there doesn't seem to be a way to easily align rotations.

Quote from: TheFatController on July 03, 2016, 03:55:43 PM
Using Blender, how do you have two UV layouts, and two textures working in game?

Why do you need 2 UV layouts? What are you trying to do?

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Thanks Snappe, wouldn't have thought of checking the snap tool, saw it mentioned a few times in threads for a similar problem and dismissed it!

I think the main problem is that I don't fully understand UV maps. My guess is that I don't have two UV maps, they are just unwrapped within the same space but using different textures.

I have two textures, and my mesh is split accordingly so each object I have is designated one UV map so nothing is mixed. I've then applied each UV map to a material and selected my texture of which I'm using two, but only one texture shows up in game..

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Unbelievable! We're in with two textures!!  ;D

Massive thanks is in order from h106frp over on the GPB forum!

GDUBMX

Wow just wow.  Amazing fats, well done mate
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

BadStar

Awesome! This will most likely be one of my favs.. the frame/style of this is what I(im sure all of us) fell in love with. With that being said, when Alum fat frames came out they were dreamy.

And your right, if this had a 4 stroke motor, it would be a great DRZsm model.

Does this mean you are riding it in-game already?!
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Yeah I have it in game, there's a lot left to do though :(

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Yeah, so far bikeed is proving tougher than learning Blender lol..

Can anyone explain why the slightest touch of a pivot point sends the swingarm 180*, and the rear swingarm travels from neutral up through the seat when testing?

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Quote from: geofanatec on July 04, 2016, 11:11:11 PM
Quote from: TheFatController on July 04, 2016, 10:40:52 PM
Can anyone explain why the slightest touch of a pivot point sends the swingarm 180*, and the rear swingarm travels from neutral up through the seat when testing?

Welcome to MXB :) (A TRUE MAN's SIM) Enough said

Haha.. Well I fixed it, not sure how, but I know I'll never recover from the trauma  :o

pacopastor34

I'm happy to know you fixed it. Looking at the picture I can see how clean is it. Amazing work mate.

teeds

"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Thanks! So far the list of people to thank is growing, RC helped me with the geometry last night and it now rides close to the msm250x, with it's own characteristics.

Next step is cleaning up, the model needs a few tweaks here and there then possibly a new normal..