• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 17, 2024, 12:23:11 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

SX2016 Rd01: Anaheim 1 (with GRE)

Started by Asdrael, June 14, 2016, 09:19:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZATOX02 [FR]

great video that can help me find the right rhythm.  :)
question : is it possible to use the Helmet camera in the game or only on replay ?

BadStar

Quote from: ZATOX02 on June 15, 2016, 10:15:33 PM
great video that can help me find the right rhythm.  :)
question : is it possible to use the Helmet camera in the game or only on replay ?

Only on replay, It may be pretty hard to ride from the helmet cam..would be interesting to try for sure.
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

Braap570

Nice vid dude! Can u upload your suspension settings and stuff?!  I ran completle Standard settings and have so much probs to geht a lap and omg your lap looks so smooth :D (pls dont tell me that you ride in standard settings haha

BadStar

Braap, also consider adjusting your gearing. It really helps with sx.. 12/50 is a good start..depends but a good start
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

Asdrael

Quote from: Braap570 on June 16, 2016, 12:44:30 AM
Nice vid dude! Can u upload your suspension settings and stuff?!  I ran completle Standard settings and have so much probs to geht a lap and omg your lap looks so smooth :D (pls dont tell me that you ride in standard settings haha

Standard YZ250F suspension settings, 13/52 drive train on this. Find what works for you and start from there really, each bike being different. If I'm pushing it on the Yam, I'll go with a stiffer fork (compression higher and more oil). Trying out the Husky now, and it seems it likes a harder rear more than anything. Currently, i'd say finding your own controller settings >>>> all. I'm running 30%stab, 75% direct lean. No reason except I feel like I have direct control on the bike lean while removing the jitter from the analog stick.
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Braap570

thanks guys i will try it with other gearing Setup first :)

Braap570

ok guys, testet it, the new gearing works better :) i just dont understand what to Change to make the bike better with Suspension... some lines i can tripple now. but not a full lap with riding fast without crashing :D sometimes after the Corner my bike gets in the air to the inner side, and than i cant get it back to a straight Position to a track... so maybe just have to make some Training. :D

but now to the track:

I like it very much! it s so cool to see some tracks like this in mxb... maybe some berms could be a bit higher but its such a funny and great track! thanks for this :)

BadStar

Yea braap. keep at it!  Gearing is a great start but don't forget seat bounce and other more advanced riding techniques..these may be necessary even after suspension set up!
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

Asdrael

Quote from: BadStar on June 16, 2016, 05:50:35 PM
Yea braap. keep at it!  Gearing is a great start but don't forget seat bounce and other more advanced riding techniques..these may be necessary even after suspension set up!

And controller settings so you feel you KNOW what the bike is doing. When taking off, the bike is going to amplify what is was about to do on the face of the jump - change your lean angle and you'll be rotating a lot in the air. You can take jumps with a relatively important angle, just keep it constant.
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

BadStar

Just to give an example as to ride style/settings/gearing are per user more than anyting..

I just did a clean lap with triple triple on stock msm's 250f but with Asdreal's 13/52 gearing. :)
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

BadStar

Seems like gearing, seat bounce, air braking..makes it happen
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

𝖙𝖋𝖈

yeah I nailed a couple of rhythms this morning which felt great. Spot on gearing Asdrael, makes a big difference.

Leaning slightly forward up the face of a rhythm when your half way down it works wonders too! Not too far too late or you'll either suck up all the bounce or cause too much rebound!

Asdrael

Quote from: TheFatController on June 16, 2016, 06:29:10 PM
yeah I nailed a couple of rhythms this morning which felt great. Spot on gearing Asdrael, makes a big difference.

Leaning slightly forward up the face of a rhythm when your half way down it works wonders too! Not too far too late or you'll either suck up all the bounce or cause too much rebound!

Actually really happy that you guys are starting to like it and figure it out. I knew it was very technical and would take a long time, hence why I wasn't fussed with the first comments.

Once you 'get it' on a bike, try the others. You will notice big differences, you'll have to adjust suspensions and techniques slightly, but you might end up being better (and with a  more suitable bike for you). If you struggle in the whoops but feel good compensating the front end rebound, try the CRF. On the other end of the spectrum, if you are a god in the whoops but need help in the air, try the Husky.
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

𝖙𝖋𝖈

So what was the 'whoops secret' ??

Asdrael

Quote from: TheFatController on June 16, 2016, 06:52:56 PM
So what was the 'whoops secret' ??

hoh :p The second set of Rd01 is the same as the set of Rd02. Simple copy paste, no change at all. I was expecting more bitching about it haha. They are tighter than the first set so you have to let off the gas coming in to make sure the front wheel starts skimming asap.

So here, the first set was made so that you NEED the speed of the triple to pass, the second set so that you NEED to get through cleanly to get the triple after.
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord