• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:54:43 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

2016 KTM SXF 250/350/450

Started by StoneRider, May 28, 2016, 08:49:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StoneRider

Quote from: StoneRider on July 22, 2016, 09:09:36 PM
They are not here anymore. You have to pay 70$ to ride it now. oh.. and only on MX Simulator. No MX Bikes.

Tell me this "sly remark" is not what you said. come on

Jay

July 26, 2016, 10:12:23 AM #31 Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 11:56:52 AM by Jay
why shouldn't people pay for the bikes... they are to a similar standard as the models I have made for AAA titles and received thousands for.... then when I don't advertise the bike for sale anywhere and people pm me asking to pay for it am, I suddenly the bad guy?
These bikes are my portfolio pieces so when people offer me a small amount of money to play them in a game I will not turn them away however It also doesn't bother me if they are never released.

The main issue of them being put in this game is because it was done with my name on it via a third party thus I couldn't have any say over quality control and the final product of my work that reflects on my skill level... also although you may have paid for it you even wrote who was helping you put it in game/make updates to it which then tells the average person you are also sharing my work around...

I could go on more however if you don't get the point now then just tell yourself you are correct and im a fat ugly sloth that sits on his PC all day making money of stupid people who pay for content because the content is junk and not worth it because im a horrible person who needs a life and a real job because I have neither of course and while your at it pat yourself on the back and clap (not at the same time as this is difficult) because in your mind you won and you are just so cool.

Quote from: StoneRider on July 26, 2016, 06:43:00 AM
Quote from: StoneRider on July 22, 2016, 09:09:36 PM
They are not here anymore. You have to pay 70$ to ride it now. oh.. and only on MX Simulator. No MX Bikes.

Tell me this "sly remark" is not what you said. come on

Do I really have to explain this.....

rc4187

Time to let this die guys. Jay has made his points and has the right to do so. He is allowed to sell his content. He did not make it with the intention of mx-bikes import. At this point it's best to respect his wishes. The attitude of demanding an artist to distribute his work freely will chase many good artists and modders away. There have been plenty of modders that have been generous in donating their time because of their passion for it, but you can't expect this from everyone.

And to be honest, The models were great, but the import was not so great. I can see why he wouldn't want his work displayed as it was. There were plenty of issues with geometry (fork rake angle, etc..), textures and shaders that made them look pretty bad.

StoneRider

July 26, 2016, 09:05:40 PM #33 Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 09:23:33 PM by StoneRider
Quote from: Jay on July 26, 2016, 10:12:23 AM
The main issue of them being put in this game is because it was done with my name on it via a third party thus I couldn't have any say over quality control and the final product of my work that reflects on my skill level...
Quote from: rc4187 on July 26, 2016, 05:51:16 PM
And to be honest, The models were great, but the import was not so great. I can see why he wouldn't want his work displayed as it was. There were plenty of issues with geometry (fork rake angle, etc..), textures and shaders that made them look pretty bad.

Well... i can do nothing but agree with that part... i tried my best. And it was surely not a reflect of your work Jay.
But i am absolutly AGAINST payable content for both mxb and mxs. i always shared my (not so great) work for free. But in life, i'm also an director assistant and a photographer. (and i'm far better at this) and between 2 movies or two photoshoots, i always find the time to work on little budget projects for free. That's the way i am and i get it, i can't ask everybody to be like me. But it's clearly the spirit of MX Bikes and mxs at the begenning ! and that's one of the part i think it's so great ! i never seen something like that before. It's ONLY about passion. Let's keep it as much as we can.
i was a little blinded by this point of view and i didn't realised that those bikes are your portfolio. I get it now. Sorry for that. But i personnaly think that those sims are not the place to do that. You should sell the OBJ on a website or whatever... I don't know. But not like that.
Quote from: rc4187 on July 26, 2016, 05:51:16 PM
Time to let this die guys.

arturstroher

i can't download
how can i download this???

Braap570

You cant dl the ktm....  it was deleted because of creator issues.