• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:20:56 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

SX2016 Round 3: Anaheim 2

Started by Asdrael, July 03, 2016, 12:57:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asdrael

July 03, 2016, 12:57:58 PM Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 08:52:25 PM by Asdrael
SX2016 Round 03: Anaheim 2

Continuing with the replica (1.1:1 scale) SX of the 2016 season for my third track, here is...

I have documented the making of this track HERE.

Now this round was a bit special. I wanted to push the limits of what I was capable of doing in terms of SX, and what the game could take in its beta 4 stage. Overall, it is easier to be average this round, similarly difficult to previous rounds to be fast, but there are some wicked hard and fast lines. If you "see" a section, it is probably doable. But... can YOU do it?

I tried replicating the actual track and blueprint as well as possible, while making a fun track with a lot of options. Not the one lined hell that was raced (take a look at this go pro of the event if you want to know what hell is like). I improvised in the turn after the finish line to keep it interesting and fun. And yes, beside the quad over the table, all his lines are doable.

Compared to previous rounds:
  • jump faces and landings  are very slightly steeper
  • whoops should be more forgiving, with a bigger range of minimal to maximal speed
  • rythm section start earlier exiting turns, finish later coming into turns. Being smooth and in control  will be more rewarding than charging WFO like a madman
  • "introduced" the double wheel tap as a way to go over certain obstacles
  • some sections can only be done with proper body movement. Yes, I went there.
Download SX2016RD03 on MEGA.NZ

Download SX2016RD03 on MXB CENTRAL

I hope you guys will enjoy this track! This will most likely be my last one until beta 5 comes out, as I will not be able (nor really willing) to devote the time it takes to make this kind of difficult track ridable and somewhat enjoyable in the near future. It just takes too much time messing around with the obstacles because the rider/bike cannot compensate a bit of spacing/shaping imperfections.

Hoh and yeah, feedback welcome ;)
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Published on MXBC, thank you :)

Great track again, just did a few laps and am going to enjoy sinking some time into it to learn the new rhythms!

I would say please do more, but when B5 comes out it's very possible even the smallest physics tweaks will make the tracks unrideable as I found from my SX tracks from B3 - B4. We have three to enjoy, best to wait until later for the rest!

Thanks again!

BadStar

Bravo man!! Very nice

The scale on this is so much better, I love racing my ghost.. it seems that every lap I am on a new/diff line. good stuff!!!

Only issue for me is the dang soil type is pure ice.. slightly fixed with tire compound but super slick.

Over all, awesome! The most fun variety of lines so far!
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

Asdrael

Glad you guys are enjoying it.

It does seem slick for some reason, even though I used exactly the same parameters as round 1 (A1) for the surfaces. I don't know why.
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Asdrael

July 03, 2016, 09:29:10 PM #5 Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 09:30:45 PM by Asdrael
Regular soil. I found it to be more "controlable" than the compact soil.

Actual file:
material_layer0
{
material = compact soil
}
material_layer1
{
material = soil
thickness = 0.1
}
material_layer2
{
material = sand
mask = sand_mask.tga
thickness = 0.5
}

With this parameters, it should (and looks to) be what I found to be the best traction for SX (warning: opinions may vary) at all times with deformation off, and dig just enough for it to be slightly felt with deformations on.
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Yes, compact is I think the grippiest but there was some kind of mix up with surface types, there's a thread somewhere around..

Soft soil I've found is the best but if it changes next beta then the tracks will be unrideable lol.. Soil is probably a good compromise!

Asdrael

Quote from: TheFatController on July 03, 2016, 09:31:10 PM
Yes, compact is I think the grippiest but there was some kind of mix up with surface types, there's a thread somewhere around..

Soft soil I've found is the best but if it changes next beta then the tracks will be unrideable lol.. Soil is probably a good compromise!

To be more precise, compact soil seems more grippy bit a bit but as soon as you lose traction, you are going down (in my experience). Regular soil is more controlable. I didn't want soft soil because of the monster particle effects.
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

𝖙𝖋𝖈

No I meant IRL.. Compact soil is probably the best but it's backwards in mxb..

Asdrael

I was streaming a bit the other day to see if it would work on my computer setup, while I was trying to find "my" settings for this track. I was practicing on what I would call the intermediate-level lines on the track, and ended up with a decent enough time for me to post here :d

It appears that 100% stability is really great to help with traction and to avoid being thrown on to the sides when not particularly well lined up on obstacles. I don't think it's cheating, I think this setting should be called "time spend by the rider at the gym in off-season" and be in hours instead of %. It really feels like man handling the bike (=motocross) instead of trying to put the bike somewhere and roll with it (GP bikes-like).

You will see that I went (more than) a bit out of my line before a supercross triple but I still could hit it haha.

Twitch video for now, I'll upload stuff to YouTube once I get a good enough quality.

https://www.twitch.tv/senensis/v/76220857
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Snappe

Yeah I guess the stability help is a bit misleading.... The option was added just for testing purposes.

BadStar

This track is the most raceable SX we have now with the new tires. Seems to be just the right scale!  (scale is most likely a poor choice of wording)

(all the sx are much better now of course)
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime