• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:58:10 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

TrackEd - SX standpoint

Started by Asdrael, July 04, 2016, 12:21:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asdrael

July 04, 2016, 12:21:12 AM Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 12:36:05 AM by Asdrael
Hey.

I just thought I'd give my 2cp on TrackEd after using it quite a bit to make my SX tracks and how it turns out in game. Most of what I am saying comes from how narrow, short we have to make the tracks - and how close the lanes are.

I'm by no means a god on TrackEd so if any of my concerns have a solution, please let me know.

Centerline and resets

The way the resets work, as far as I understand, is that you repop on the closest centerline spot. Which induces:
1. potential cross-lane resets
2. repop in the middle of the lane (this is where you HAVE to place your centerline, otherwise you'll have tons of cross-lane resets). With collisions on, erm...
3. a crapton of waiting: 22 riders on a 1 minute (900m track). If you fall on a full grid, you might never get back on.
4. almost impossible to have over unders.

I would really like, in order to make it fully raceable:
- Being able to force "last successful checkpoint reset". If you fall, you repop on your last succesfully passed checkpoint. This would get rid of 99% of 1. and 4. Possibly a checkbox in the checkpoint setting?
- Being able to redefine the location of the repop. For example by creating a secondary centerline that is used only for repops (on the side), interacting with my first suggestion too. This would take care of 2., a bit of 3. as well.
- Being able to define the safe distance for a repop. It currently is way too big for SX. This would take care of 3. for sure.

Marchals

- Being able to define which section of the centerline they are supposed to watch. I'm getting cross-flags on SX tracks and I haven't found a fix. In their edit box, they could have a "Long. Start, Long. End" values (optional, or defaulted to flag location +- 100).

Cameras

- Being able to have the effect of their limits when you use "Test".
- As with marshals, being able to set which part of the track the cameras are designed to watch.

Pits and Grids are very flexible and easy to configure, so good job on that :)
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Snappe

Thanks for the feedback & ideas! We will try and implement some reset improvements for beta5.

PiBoSo

Thank you very much for the suggestions.
Only one remark:

Quote from: Asdrael on July 04, 2016, 12:21:12 AM
Marchals

- Being able to define which section of the centerline they are supposed to watch. I'm getting cross-flags on SX tracks and I haven't found a fix. In their edit box, they could have a "Long. Start, Long. End" values (optional, or defaulted to flag location +- 100).

It is already possible to set the reference position on the centerline. Just right-click on the marshal and select "Edit". This allows to automatically calculate the reference point, or set it manually.