• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 09:36:12 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Physics test track

Started by Ruubs, July 24, 2016, 10:41:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruubs

Here it is. Every log and tire has now TRKCONC. It works better now.

PiBoSo

Quote from: Sandbiter on July 25, 2016, 11:04:55 PM

If there are enough requests the rubber and wood materials can be added as rideable surfaces, in the future.

Ruubs

Quote from: PiBoSo on July 25, 2016, 11:40:41 PM
Quote from: Sandbiter on July 25, 2016, 11:04:55 PM

If there are enough requests the rubber and wood materials can be added as rideable surfaces, in the future.
That'd be great. Thanks a lot.

I forgot the download link to the updated 'track' in my last post.

Here it is:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/o9ip6451t1qdd1a/test.rar

Ruubs

Quote from: geofanatec on July 28, 2016, 01:32:18 AM
Sandy (that's your new name).

So does this mean we might actually see you active in the sim?

Or is it still not good enough? :)

Just teasing, but would like more competition out there participating. Figured it's a long shot (mainly because perfection doesn't exist), BUT maybe you will join in?

Might be yes. I've a lot of fun since I figured out the 1st first person camera is awesome.
I also have some great ideas for tracks, but I never finish stuff like that. I don't know why. I might just update archview though.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

I think if you want the community to grow you need to finish tracks. Even if they're not to your liking, you can always release a v2 later on, it gives the community hope.

Honestly, if everyone who's started to show a track and then not followed it up had made at least 2 tracks each in the 2 ish years we've had this sim available (not unreasonable) we'd probably have over 15 additional tracks. Regardless of quality it's progression. It's ALL this sim needs right now..

I also don't but into the physics issues stopping people. There's nothing we can do to fix problems in between betas, in fact by making tracks and riding more and encouraging more participation we may be able to provide better feedback and more sales for PiBoSo, resulting in more funding for the developer, can't be a bad thing to promote development of a beta that we all bought in to..

I don't understand anyone who doesn't get this mentalty, sorry..

Not 100% directed at you there 'Sandy' (lol geo) more of a generic rant ;)

Ruubs

I'm kind of a perfectionist. If I don't like it, I won't release it. It's not something I'm proud of and people will remember me for making bad content.

I know it shouldn't really bother me at this stage of the game. I need to release something to help grow this community.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Also remember that feedback will drive you to do better next time!

If you're making tracks for the community and feedback is good, people like your work and have more tracks to ride, that's all that really matters :)

GDUBMX

That's a fair point sand but sadly shit content is better than no content. People remember you specifically as "the dude who never releases" instead of the dude who is trying.

To elaborate on Fats point,  yeah I too don't buy into the physics putting people off, however I know that the steering/leaning is an issue for slot of guys. Like anything though,  get used to it and it's a lot of fun.

I must of had at least 3 or 4 guys message me to say they bought mxb simply from watching my videos on YouTube, they had no idea the game existed. So at least the videos are doing their job.. Now the problem with the videos,  content.  Just not enough new content to keep people interested, including me. After 100000 hours on the practice track etc it just gets old. The biggest appeal for me about mxs is the shear numbers of tracks to download, literally 100s.  I'd love to see and influx of creators and hopefully (we say it before every beta release) the next beta will attract more creators.
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

BadStar

I bought mxb because of you tube. I then battled the physics and my patience but now I am more than satisfied and know it will get even better!

Sand-

Regarding your enduro-cross track attempts and physics issues.. I personally love that you are trying to make that work as I am very interested in that kind of riding. I would have to say, mxb may not be ready for 1/1 simulation of a trials/enduro x.. but I actually found some of your obstacles leaving me with excitement that it is actually possible with the current beta! I think the trick(for now) would be to sink the obstacles a bit more into the dirt and spread them out some. For example the tires that are laying flat would possibly have to just be removed until later beta or do them in rows of two with some dirt between and maybe some dirt helping you ride up onto them..   The big set of tires that are standing needs a little booster ramp of dirt on each side etc etc.. maybe in the future go extreme but for now, just make it work! it would be fun and hard all in the same.

If you were to take an enduro trail like my track or piboso's enduro and put the logs that you put in your track, it would make some neat obstacles as is. So I am pretty sure this is doable until more people convince piboso to make this any kind of priority. If you ever want someone to test that kind of thing, hola!

Piboso, +1 on rubber/wood!  **enduro-cross was actually a big hit on MX vs ATV series.
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

Resolute Kraken

Bringing this thread back to live after 3+ years. I downloaded and tested Ruben's test track - yeah, pretty unrideable.  The bike just bounces around when it contacts any of the tires.  I'm not sure if this is because it is an old test from previous betas that doesn't work in the current one.  It seems like if all of these objects were set to concrete then it should work okay.  On Mantua, I'm able to hit all of the concrete curbs and walls and even pop up them enduro style pretty easily.  Would love to have some better physics to fix this for more obstacles.

Ruubs

Quote from: ResoluteKraken on December 15, 2019, 07:41:49 AMBringing this thread back to live after 3+ years. I downloaded and tested Ruben's test track - yeah, pretty unrideable.  The bike just bounces around when it contacts any of the tires.  I'm not sure if this is because it is an old test from previous betas that doesn't work in the current one.  It seems like if all of these objects were set to concrete then it should work okay.  On Mantua, I'm able to hit all of the concrete curbs and walls and even pop up them enduro style pretty easily.  Would love to have some better physics to fix this for more obstacles.
I've recently tried another endurocross style track, all objects were TRKSOIL, aka soil. It had the same exact effect as the track in the first post. Maybe this has to do with the sharp edge bug we experience on terrain these days.

I don't know what collisions Snappe has used on Mantua, but I do think they're WLLCONC, aka concrete walls, which means that the bike has 0 traction on them as far as I know.

Resolute Kraken

It has to be the sharp edge bug then - You can literally just bounce around in the tires like a ping pong ball on mousetraps.  Interesting if the they are WLLCONC on Mantua - they seem to have sharp edges but you can ride up to them slow, pop the clutch and wheelie up and over almost like a perfect double-blip move.

Resolute Kraken

Just to update this thread for Beta 14 - TRK objects still don't act correctly when used on objects like logs and rocks.  Re-tested Ruben's test track that uses TRKCONC and you still bounce off the objects unrealistically.  On Erzberg, I tested TRKSOIL rocks - same thing.  It is not like Beta 13 or earlier ones were you would be shot to space, but still unrideable.  I've gone back to WLLCONC for my rocks which act as they should except for the lack of as much traction and the fact that if you have a large WLL object and try to ride on top of it you will start to tilt over to the side.