• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:30:32 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

First person camera idea

Started by Ruubs, July 26, 2016, 11:28:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruubs

I've actually pm'd PiBoSo and he told me it'd be a good idea to post it here as well. That way everyone can give their feedback and ideas on this.

I've always used the second first person view, the one that's attached to the rider. The first camera I actually never used (the bike attached one). I was just playing Mx Bikes again and accidently rode with the first camera after like 30 minutes of playing with the second camera (which I always use). I was around 5 seconds faster when I used the first (bike attached) camera, but it bothered me that I couldn't really see what the rider was doing and it was quite low as well.

On the first camera you can actually tell what the bike is doing. You get a better feeling of the bike, and that you actually have control of the bike, and that was a great feeling! The second camera is probably the most realistic I've ever seen in a motocross game. You really did a good job on that. But for a game like this it isn't really the best thing to use. You see/feel what the rider is doing (like soaking up bumps for example) and not what the bike is doing. And since this is a game, we can't feel the bumps etc like we can when riding in real life.

I feel like how the camera moves in the first camera view is the way to go. The only difference needed is that it needs to move with the rider forward/backward and left/right lean and it should be as high as the rider's helmet. Yet it should stay attached to the bike.

So to sum it all up. A first person camera which is attached to the bike but leans with the lean input you give for the rider.

Ruubs

Quote from: geofanatec on July 26, 2016, 11:33:29 PM
Ok I'll be nice :)

This actually does make good sense. I agree with forward/back movement.

But I don't think left/right should be in it. That would place the bike way off to the sides will leaning.

Which is why I love the 1st camera because it stays centered.

Not saying it's realistic, but feels better and more controllable. However the addition of forward/back as described would add much more feeling there.

Thanks haha

What about actually having the rider in one line with the bike all the time (for left/right lean, not for forward/backward lean), except when leaning manually (left/right) or when you have auto lean enabled (I don't really know if this is the case already, but that'd be the best solution I can think of at the moment). That way the camera stays centered UNLESS you manually lean the rider or have auto lean on.

I agree that it's not the most realistic. But it'll sure help to get a better feel of what the bike is doing.  :)

𝖙𝖋𝖈

+1.. As much as I like the 2nd camera for visual effect, the first is much more stable to use and gives more of a feedback of what the bikes doing.. I just don't use it as I hate seeing the body come through the camera, very off putting!

Ruubs

Yes. Thats it.

Plus I think it'd be good if the riders stays in the same line as the bike. Except for when you lean left/right or use auto lean. So that means if the bike leans over 45deg the rider also leans 45deg.

I can also make a picture if I'm not clear at all.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

I think if the cam was still technically attached to the tank / bike it would stay centered unless you manually lean. My guess anyway, that this would be the same camera, it would just move with influence from the controller..

PizzaChet

Quote from: geofanatec on July 26, 2016, 11:33:29 PMOk I'll be nice :)
Quote from: Sandbiter on July 26, 2016, 11:43:43 PMThanks haha
Damn! I wish this would happen more on the internet. You guys are inspirational. No joke.
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

BadStar

1st/1st person view with 100% fov has become awesome for me because I can see more of the bike and It feels like I am about eye level as expected. Thats my temp fix. Its sweet because I can see some of the seat so when the bike is sliding out or whipping I can actually see how far in real time.
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime