• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:08:33 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

MTB

Started by rc4187, August 31, 2016, 06:23:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rc4187

I somewhat abandoned this a couple months ago. It works really well and is pretty fun, but I've not been able to create a very good mountain trail to test it on. Physics seem to be real good for it, though. Maybe I'll finish it up should someone get a good trail made? :)

Video:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/57183019/mxbikes/My%20Movie.mp4

𝖙𝖋𝖈

I know people are here for mx bikes not mtb, but I'm kind of disappointed no ones even commented..

Making this stuff isn't just a half hour mess around you know :(

BadStar

I didn't see this!   MTB is awesome.. I dream of the day the Mtn Bike Free Ride game finally gets released....so maybe this could replace it or hold me over?!

Awesome work!!
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

Mace-x

i think that this game has great potential for Mtb aswell, downhill could be awesome!
perhaps some flowy trails like whistler would suit it better, or some gnarly stuff like Fest Series!  8)

Great work mate cant wait to ride it!  ;D

BadStar

I may start to goof around will some mtb trails in LT3D but will most likely hand off the terrain if someone wants objects bc yea.. #objectproblems

btw...did I mention how badass that mtn bike is?? I'm excited.
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

PiBoSo

Quote from: rc4187 on August 31, 2016, 06:23:56 PM
I somewhat abandoned this a couple months ago. It works really well and is pretty fun, but I've not been able to create a very good mountain trail to test it on. Physics seem to be real good for it, though. Maybe I'll finish it up should someone get a good trail made? :)

Amazing!
If there is enough interest in MTB, it would be quick and easy enough to add pedaling animation and freewheel support ;)

𝖙𝖋𝖈

September 12, 2016, 10:36:20 PM #6 Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 10:38:15 PM by TheFatController
Quote from: PiBoSo on September 12, 2016, 10:12:08 PM

Amazing!
If there is enough interest in MTB, it would be quick and easy enough to add pedaling animation and freewheel support ;)

RC and me were having a discussion about this when he first made the mtb. Unfortunately due to life and a backlog of mxb projects, I haven't had a chance to properly sit down and make a rideable trail.

I'd be very interested, if there was enough interest and 'mt-bikes' ;D was a possibility, my next project would be a bmx bike and a dirt jump track!

Thanks for the response PiBoSo.

Oh, and Damien - RMZ is looking great! Can't wait for one with better geom!

rc4187

Amazing!

Yes please :)
Would love to finish it up.
Wouldn't hurt to open the game to a wider demographic either. I'll bet there are plenty of people looking for a good MTB sim like I have been.

BadStar

PiB... if its fairly easy, please do it!   It wouldn't hurt to get a few extra sales due to a mtn bike model someone made and a track.

I am pretty sure there is a ton of people pretty frustrated that "Mtn Bike Free Ride" has stalled so long in production... those guys would buy into mx-b if the b includes the pedal kind :)

I think supermoto and mtn bikes would really open up the "bikes" part of the title and not to mention show off user made content creation. Which is the only reason we are talking about this.

The market doesn't always respond to the entire package, I am a good example. Even though I absolutely love motocross...(dirtbike in general).  A you tube vid of an enduro track on mx sim had me hooked instantly. Most mx games are only mx.. Luckily that video had me stumble onto Fats vids and I walked right passed mxsim and got a copy of mxb quick like lol.

Anyway, never know. I know Ill be making some you tube vids if we get to that point.

*It may be the first Mtn Bike/BMX game ever to have user made content/tracks etc.  Could be something good!
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

Mace-x

Amazing!

oh heck yes!!!
mtb freeride had a lot of people playing it, i´m sure a mtb simulator will have a ton of interest, and there´s nothing available on the market so yours would be the first and only mtb sim  ;D

PiBoSo

Quote from: BadStar on September 13, 2016, 01:28:37 AM
PiB... if its fairly easy, please do it!   It wouldn't hurt to get a few extra sales due to a mtn bike model someone made and a track.

I am pretty sure there is a ton of people pretty frustrated that "Mtn Bike Free Ride" has stalled so long in production... those guys would buy into mx-b if the b includes the pedal kind :)

I think supermoto and mtn bikes would really open up the "bikes" part of the title and not to mention show off user made content creation. Which is the only reason we are talking about this.

The market doesn't always respond to the entire package, I am a good example. Even though I absolutely love motocross...(dirtbike in general).  A you tube vid of an enduro track on mx sim had me hooked instantly. Most mx games are only mx.. Luckily that video had me stumble onto Fats vids and I walked right passed mxsim and got a copy of mxb quick like lol.

Anyway, never know. I know Ill be making some you tube vids if we get to that point.

*It may be the first Mtn Bike/BMX game ever to have user made content/tracks etc.  Could be something good!

Sorry for the OT...
Do you mean "MTB Freeride"? What about "MTB Downhill Simulator" on Steam?

BadStar

September 13, 2016, 02:42:01 AM #11 Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 04:45:09 AM by BadStar
MTB Downhill Simulator is some sort of spin off from MTB Freeride... everyone who has been following MTB Freeride bought the downhill sim on steam in hopes it was MTB Freeride and it was a fail.. Terrible in comparison and it almost seems like someone ripped it in some way from MTB Freeride.

MTB Downhill Simulator oddly looks just like MTB Freeride.. but it can't be the same devs because how poorly made it is.. one of the only games on steam that actually has a "very negative" review score.

Many demo's/alpha's have been released but lately it seems to be at a stand still and doesn't currently support gamepad anymore.. super good game (unlike the "sim" on steam)

https://mtbfreeride.wordpress.com/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFq_P_uXr34

This vid shows how hard the controls are (would be easier for this guy with gamepad) but reminds me of mxb or a true "sim".. hard as hell at first but super rewarding and realistic when mastered.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6etdAHgJ0M0

This older version is still good and gets me by.. http://www.izzygames.com/mtb-freeride-t4679.html (worth a play as a tech demo or place to get ideas)

Note* Sorry, quick typing with little care of grammar and proper titles.. my bad!
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

Mace-x

yeah, as badstar said.

Mtb downhill simulator is in par to a crappy mobile game.
Mtb freeride was in good direction but got abandoned.

i´d be curious to see Mtb implemented in your engine, how will work with a weight 10 times lighter than a bike? and pedaling, and the wider weight distribution is a lot more noticeable because of the weights and blahblahblah.
anyways, i would love to see it happen!  8)

Wedgewood

This could be the start of something new,  I haven't tried it yet but I do look forward to it.  Thanks for putting in all the hard work RC.

BadStar

RC... I hope the brakes are good on that bike you got..this looks a bit dangermountainous!

Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime