• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 04:22:11 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

MXB Crashes when trying to play demo files.

Started by Midbeck, September 16, 2016, 12:53:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Midbeck

I just got my new rig today. I installed the game and played for a couple of hours (Amazing work on the JS7 track guys, god damn!), saved some demos to start working on a new project. But I can't watch a single one of them, as soon as i hit view or double click the game instantly freezes and the message "Mx Bikes has stopped working"

My specs:
GTX1080
i7 6700k
16gb 2133mhz DDR4 Memory

So i doubt that its because im overloading the system, anyone that got an idea?
#DirtyEuro

BadStar

were the demo's saved before the fresh install?
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

Midbeck

I figured it out, turns out that it was MaX plugins that were causing it. I simply disabled them while watching the demo. It might have been because i had the helmet overlay on.
#DirtyEuro

HornetMaX

Quote from: Midbeck on September 16, 2016, 07:05:05 PM
I figured it out, turns out that it was MaX plugins that were causing it. I simply disabled them while watching the demo. It might have been because i had the helmet overlay on.
Hmm that's bad and definitely shouldn't happen (helmet overlay or not).
I'll have a look but given the ongoing changes  I may want to wait til next GPB and MXB betas are out.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Midbeck on September 16, 2016, 07:05:05 PM
Hmm, I've found some serious mess affecting MXB in my plugin, due to differences between MXB and GPB/WRS/KRP.
I've made a terrible patch to solve the issue (and in the procvess I've found another MXB quirk that makes the patch not perfect): you'll find a v2.0.2b at the usual download link.

Hopefully MXB beta5 will be out soon: that should align its plugin interface to the most recent one (KRP b15, WRS b9) and that will make my life easier.

Sorry for the bug and the time you wasted on it  :-[