• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 12:37:13 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Cameras

Started by Steven_Kelman, July 13, 2014, 12:14:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steven_Kelman

I was just watching the Pre-alpha 2 video for like the 100th time.
The helmet cam looks amazing but i was wondering will there be a kind off chest cam aswell? so you see more of the handle bars/petrol tank? i just though on some tracks it might be more difficult too see ruts or whatever if the visor of the helmet is in the way?
Cheers  ;D

Ruubs

I don't think the visor will be on when playing the game normally, but there is a camera on the replay mode on top of the helmet (that's how the Pre-alpha 2 video was made).

Steven_Kelman

Oh snap i never thought that it might of been a replay, cheers bro!

onlyonetone

Can't find the source but they did say the visor cam is for replays only as it would be difficult to ride that way. How ever I know for fact there will be a first person cam. And if its like gpb you can fully customize the position of the camera.

PiBoSo

Quote from: onlyonetone on July 14, 2014, 02:10:17 AM
Can't find the source but they did say the visor cam is for replays only as it would be difficult to ride that way. How ever I know for fact there will be a first person cam. And if its like gpb you can fully customize the position of the camera.

There are 2 onboard cameras for riding: one in the eyes and the other linked to the tank.

robinf36

Will there also be a 3rd person camera?

PiBoSo

MXK_cdub85

October 01, 2014, 04:36:30 AM #7 Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 05:54:49 AM by MXK_cdub85
loving the game piboso. My biggest gripe has to do with the cameras and the auto centering of the bike.

1. The cameras are too similar to gp bikes, where you're leaning down below the bike. It just doesn't feel right on an mx sim. It's in 1st and 3rd person too which makes things a lot more difficult than they need to be. The problem is that the "swivel" effect prevents you from following through in the ruts and corners, it feels disconnected from the bike too much. It's important to keep a positive feel to the front end. Maybe add the option for other cameras or possibly user created cams.

2. The "auto-centering" or maybe the gyro? effect is very limiting in the way you are able to corner and whip and such. It feels as if there is a stabilizer standing you back up immediately once initiating a turn or trying to whip. This effect limit you several in your line choices. I can imagine that deep ruts would be miserable as of now. Again I think having a toggle for an option to disable that effect would provide a much better simulation of the feeling of riding.

Any way, thanks for letting us play your sim! The potential of it makes me unbelievable excited! Can't wait to see what the future brings. Good luck Piboso!