• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 05:37:12 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

New Rider? - Basic Whip Tutorial Vid

Started by BadStar, September 18, 2016, 01:30:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BadStar

September 18, 2016, 01:30:37 AM Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 06:34:38 AM by BadStar
Not sure where to post this..                             

not the best quality vid..                 

but will help get ya started!!    8)

(just uploaded so may be super poor quality for a bit, lol)
https://www.youtube.com/v/Ovbk70TXevI&feature=youtu.be
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Very cool BadStar. What I love is how many ways you can actually whip, once you get the basics. Sure this will help a bunch of people!

BadStar

September 18, 2016, 06:39:32 AM #2 Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 06:41:28 AM by BadStar
Indeed, Plenty of ways. I would love to see some of you ride/do whips/scrubs with controller overlay. Would be a good way to learn new styles.

I've got a couple ways down..but not much.

This vid is to help new riders but would be cool to have a how to on "specific" whips for more advanced play.

I also think it would be neat to all do a lap on a specific track and watch how our controller overlay compares. Would be cool to see when and where everyone is on the gas/sticks/brakes.
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

𝖙𝖋𝖈

What is the controller overlay? Does it record at the same time as your vid? Maybe by using the same hotkey or something? I'd be more than happy to do a vid on whips too ;)

GDUBMX

Quote from: BadStar on September 18, 2016, 01:30:37 AM
Not sure where to post this..                             

not the best quality vid..                 

but will help get ya started!!    8)

(just uploaded so may be super poor quality for a bit, lol)
https://www.youtube.com/v/Ovbk70TXevI&feature=youtu.be
https://www.youtube.com/v/vNBC1Nt3JXQ
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

Asdrael

Nice ones :)

I have found that "scrubbing" is basically the same, but you have to start BOTH rider and bike movement much earlier on the jump face. You can actually hit jumps much faster like this, but bringing the bike back straight can suck. And don't catch a rut.
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

𝖙𝖋𝖈

My super secret not so secret method of scrubbing mounds like on mxbc and js7c is letting off the throttle just at the peak of the mound just before you go over. Your bike loses traction and the back end slides allowing you to really lay it down and once airborne you're already in the right position to whip it back straight.

BadStar

September 18, 2016, 04:31:27 PM #7 Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 04:38:23 PM by BadStar
Yes, it's gamepadviewer.com. Unfortunately it forced me to use OBS to record..but maybe u guys have better ideas. It records the gamepad as an overlay in real time
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

BadStar

Sadly I'm not smart enough to link it to the replays...so I cropped in and cut it in the replays... the 1st vid with me as 1st person was all real time overlay
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

BadStar

If anyone can find a better more efficient gamepad viewer, we could really do some neat things!

Tutorials,
*advanced whips
*specific triples or quads that are hard (neat to watch controls on approach)
*Fastest riders, show a full lap (neat to compared controls)
*watch asdrael do sx :)
*berm/rut
*and really just whatever utuber/new riders ask about
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

Asdrael

Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

BadStar

Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

loinen

Quote from: BadStar on September 18, 2016, 04:46:05 PM

Tutorials,
*advanced whips
*specific triples or quads that are hard (neat to watch controls on approach)
*Fastest riders, show a full lap (neat to compared controls)
*watch asdrael do sx :)
*berm/rut
*and really just whatever utuber/new riders ask about

that would be awesome in any way. I'm noob in mx myself but a big fan of all racing sims, i know how hard to get fun of this type of games but i'm ready for that because i know at the end that it's the best experience in virtual racing, not everyone knows this, many people may be disappointed at first try coz it's so hard comparing to milestone titles (mxgp/mxgp2), even my friends don't want to play this sim being afraid of difficulty and huge amount of efforts to reach good results despite their interest in such type of competition. tutorials could speed up community growing.

BadStar

loinen, I was a perfect example of someone who wanted to play this but it was so hard at first. Now it has paid off greatly and is soo rewarding!

The gamepad overlay isn't the greatest and would require a better set-up to make quality vids.. as you can see my resolution was destroyed bc of it.

I'm sure a better gamepad overlay exist that would run with fraps or something.
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

loinen

Quote from: BadStar on October 16, 2016, 12:15:51 AM
The gamepad overlay isn't the greatest and would require a better set-up to make quality vids.. as you can see my resolution was destroyed bc of it.

i think tutorials may be good even without the overlay. like the one from GDUB. for example, i don't know when to lean forward or backward, where to sit or stand, why i need to do this, or how to come fast through ruts. would be cool simply to record some examples where to use weight fw or bw or another tips this way: video may be paused before the example, some text explaining what to do and why appears, then video continues.