• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 10:37:08 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Priority fixes for physics

Started by Ruubs, September 24, 2016, 05:40:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruubs

I think everyone knows the main 'problems' with the physics are the bounciness and the rear end slidiness at the moment. Offcourse the game is still only at beta 5 and Piboso and Snappe are doing great work so far. I'm just curious what you think, and maybe this'll help Piboso and Snappe to choose what to fix first (possibly for beta5).

I myself think the backend slidiness should be fixed first. I feel like I can't go as fast as I should be able to (mostly coming out of corners), because I'll slide out.

GDUBMX

I'll 2nd geo,  with throttle control and earlier up shift you can control the slide out.  Surprised the random front end wash out is not on the list. 

You know when sometimes the front end just knives out in a corner.

<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

Ruubs

I understand your thoughts. Still not sure which one I think is my priority to be honest. At the moment it's the rear end slide outs, because that makes me rage a little on the JS7 compound.
The front end slide outs I noticed as well. But with a little less leaning it worked fine for me. Not crashing because of that at all anymore, I am crashing a lot of the rear end slides tho.

I've set the poll so that you can change it after you've voted already. So if someones changes their mind they can change it. I'll add the front end slides in the poll as well.

Ruubs

That could be the case Geo! I didn't even think about this.

What do you'll think of the suspension? Even if I set it on the siffest settings the suspension is super soft (noticed this on Southwick). Could this also be the bounciness? Maybe this is what causes the bounciness.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

I hope all these things are addressed.

I do think that the rear end over sliding is more to do with the tyre model / deformation. When the back end goes out it's more like sliding on a solid surface rather than grippy deformable dirt. The tyre should dig in somewhat to provide a controlled slide fighting for traction.

I do think it feels like the rider has more strength than in beta 3, where it felt like he was inflatable, but I think he could do with a bit more commitment. It always feels like the virtual rider is fighting you when you try and do anything at an extreme angle.

I think the bouncyness could be a product of the stability help. This wasn't a problem in previous betas and I've managed to reduce the effect a few times almost indefinitely by leaning forward if the bike is landing back first and leaning backwards if the bike is landing front first.

Hopefully we should know soon where we stand and how these things have changed. I can live with the air controls for now as I want a great riding experience more, but eventually I Would love to see a more realistic and natural whip motion.

GDUBMX

Geos right about the spring.  Clearly something is just not set properly in the fork settings.  Irl,  a known fact James Stewart would have the most stable bike in the whoops due to the sheer stiffness he used to run,  so much so that his old mechanics and suspension techs would encourage to change as the bike would be unrideable.  A super stiff fork has no give in Courners which would explain the wash out?  But then the bouncyness?  Hahaha who knows...
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

Asdrael

All of the issues are most likely due to the suspensions, including front end washing out and rear end sliding. Soil deformation and bulldozing under lateral force being the most likely culprit for not being able to bring it back when you was out / control powerslides.

It really feels like suspensions are amplifying what is happening to the bike instead of dampening.
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

philiaN

Quotegrip tweaks
physics improvements

* GPB / MXB: fixed a bug in the rocker - chassis linkage geometry
* GPB / MXB: fixed a bug in the rear suspension simulation
* GPB / MXB: tuning of the rear suspension physics data because unfortunately the bug affected the simulation

Maybe the front end and rear end sliding is already improved?!

@Piboso/Snappe is there any chance for Beta 5 that deformation will be improved?
I was riding like 60-70 laps on js7 compound with deformation set to 1 and its pretty fun, normally i have it at 0.3, but it could be smoother :)