• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 03:10:22 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Southwick 2016 (UPDATED 11-10-2016)

Started by Ruubs, October 10, 2016, 10:50:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruubs

October 10, 2016, 10:50:52 PM Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 06:11:17 PM by Sandbiter

https://www.mediafire.com/?169d522w77eqm9d

The Wick! Motocross' most famous sandbox returns to greet racers with its classic ultra-rough terrain, a never-ending bump fest that just gets deeper and tougher as the day goes on. A sand track is an entirely different animal, and if the riders aren't prepared, it will eat them up.

The key to The Wick is adapting to its ever-shifting terrain. Fans should get there early to see how smooth the track looks before practice begins, and then track how quickly the bumps begin to form. By the end of practice, the place is totally whooped out, and they only get deeper during the motos. The smartest riders will keep searching for smoother lines, hitting the untouched spots until they get rough, then finding new ground again somewhere else.  Making these decisions while your heart, lungs, arms and legs are screaming is something only the toughest and fittest can do.

Southwick is so unique that it favors local riders more than any other track. They know where the good lines will develop, and they'll have The Wick faithful pushing them to dig deep late in the motos. Be sure to scan the hometown listings for each rider on the entry list—someone you've never heard of might be in contention for a podium.

For all of its gnarliness, Southwick is nestled right in the middle of a very quaint downtown. You'll be surprised to find a legendary motocross track nestled right up against baseball fields and an American Legion post, but all of that just adds to an experience unlike any other.

Credits:
Piboso and Snappe for the documentations.
Vortex_Damien for the bleacher model.
TheFatController, Vortex_Damien, gdubmx for beta testing (did I forget anyone :o?).
promotocross.com for the track history.

UPDATE 11-10-2016:
Added 20 more starting gates.

NOTE: Wet textures don't work yet. I don't know why I couldn't get them to work. I removed them from this release since I couldn't care much less.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Can't believe you actually released it lol. Good job man, should make for a very interesting event in the GTX series!

philiaN

OK, that's a total different Track Style... and its AWESOME. Dude, your track style is really really S(w)ick af.  ;D
The first lap was like, "wow, this track feels really like a badass sand track". Awesome Job, i hope we will see more in the future. I really hope so :)

BadStar

Awesome work man! This is one of those tracks that I find myself in a battle to the end with my ghost b/c it can be so technical. Love it!
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

Ruubs

Thanks a lot guys!

I actually forgot to update the amount of starting gates. There are only 20 starting gates but 40 pit spots. I'll update this later today. Why do I always forget something? :(

Ruubs

Updated the track. I'll register this track as well now.

Hegz

Mace-x

bike be like.
Braaap Bog Braaap Bog Braaap Bog.  ;D

love the track, it´s pretty fun, rought and different, i freaking hate the camera in this track tho, it really needs to be fixed in order to work better, i get too dizzy.
great job sand!

Ruubs

Thanks guys!

Quote from: Mace-x on October 12, 2016, 05:24:58 AM
i freaking hate the camera in this track tho, it really needs to be fixed in order to work better, i get too dizzy.
great job sand!
You don't mean the trackside cameras, do you? I assume you're talking about the first person camera?

I have to see that the trackside cameras aren't the best.. It's just hard to do on a track with lanes this close to eachother. I actually redid them once and didn't test them the final time. I wanted to release the track and couldn't wait any longer.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

My guess is that he's talking about how strictly the camera follows the bike in replay mode. It looks ridiculous when you go over whoops!

I've mentioned it before, I think as a suggestion, the replay cams need to be looser, allowing for small movement of the bike within the frame to soak up some of that jerkyness..

Ruubs

Quote from: TheFatController on October 12, 2016, 07:29:36 PM
My guess is that he's talking about how strictly the camera follows the bike in replay mode. It looks ridiculous when you go over whoops!

I've mentioned it before, I think as a suggestion, the replay cams need to be looser, allowing for small movement of the bike within the frame to soak up some of that jerkyness..
Hm alright! Added that to the 'All suggestions topic'. ;D

Mace-x

i was talking about the 3rd person camera, sorry for the mixup  :-[

it follows the ground too strictly and it´s weird, hopefully it will be fixed at some point.

Ruubs

I didn't even think about that when I made this track. I'm sorry to all 3rd person users if this one is hard to ride atm. :-[

Asdrael

Very nice track, spun a few laps on it. Feels rough as it should. The only issue I have is just related to the game, I still think the soil feels to "hard" even when using "sand" material. I should be more... fluffly.

But great work on the heightmap, object and environment!
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Wedgewood

I'm loving this track,  It's probably one of the most fun tracks to ride on.  The detail in the bumps are really good and the berms really help hold your line.  Thanks for sharing.