• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:39:54 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Lock to bike customisation

Started by Newi, December 07, 2020, 02:57:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newi

Hi guys, so i've been thinking for a while that it'd be cool to be able to customize the lock to bike setting the same way we can change the camera settings. I'm trying to get the first person view as realistic as i could, but sometimes is hard to tell if i'm landing sideways and the way the camera stays looking foward while you are upside down is not the best looking thing, you know. But on the other hand, i don't really like the "full" lock to bike option, it feels kind of dummy to me, specially on a whoop section.

So that's what i came up with

At least adding a slider from 0% to 100% of how strong we want this option would be really cool.

74med |GHOST

Some_Doofus

jtrs_61

Hubchap

Yeah I always wanted something in between, locking the bike makes it much easier to make corrections in FPV but it's not as realistic. Having it off is fun, especially when throwing whips but it is harder to tell what the bike is doing.

WellsMX524

I would love something like this.  I love riding in this camera, but losing my the view of my front fender kinda sucks.  Would be nice to be able to tone the setting down.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

The second 1st person view cam is worth getting used to. If you adjust the tilt (maybe 40% give or take) in the settings it behaves way more like the 1st one. You also have more of what's going on with rider lean.

The only real issue with it is the weird jump when you lean forward, but it's still great to ride with when not locked to bike .

Hubchap

Quote from: 𝖙𝖋𝖈 on February 09, 2021, 10:57:26 AMThe second 1st person view cam is worth getting used to. If you adjust the tilt (maybe 40% give or take) in the settings it behaves way more like the 1st one. You also have more of what's going on with rider lean.

The only real issue with it is the weird jump when you lean forward, but it's still great to ride with when not locked to bike .

Yeah, thats the cam i have been going for. My problem is that it makes my habit of looking at the fender/ground area in front of me worse because the bike takes up about 40-50% of the screen vertically, even at 30% tilt. For now i just run the second camera with lock-to-bike on so i can see him leaning forward/backward. Wish it had a little more play in movement but also still retain stability

Hubchap

update: so after spending some time and getting used to FPV in both locked and not locked positions, there's 2-3 problems that I have narrowed down now. I have grown to appreciate both styles because they each have their own pros and cons. Here's some input that I think is not totally crazy.

Locked: stiffer movement however you can still see the rider leaning L/R and F/R which I find is good enough. The two problems with this setup is the camera stutter when you lean forward which is already been reported (http://forum.mx-bikes.com/index.php?topic=4387.0  , also happens with unlocked), and the jitter that occurs when erode is in effect. The games frame-times get kind of sketchy when the erode is on full tilt with a loaded lobby, and when you ride on eroded parts of the track the jitter caused by the camera lock compounds the visual lag that you see on the screen when racing plus the leaning forward camera bug. I think a good solution here would be a small gyro/smoothing on the camera that allows the camera to bounce, but just slightly. That way you still remain locked but going over eroded areas doesn't compound the visual lag that happens in erode lobbies.

Unlocked: Most immersive camera in the game, hands down. Throwing whips and railing corners with this camera is one of the most satisfying experiences in a motocross game I have had. Unfortunately, this camera's Achilles heel are whoops and unforeseen in-air moments where the bike disappears from view and you can't judge where it is currently at. Like what others said you can kind of band-aid fix it by adjusting the pitch, tilt, and FPV camera with shift + c in game, but the stability issue still persists. I am not sure what I would do to go about this one, because this camera is more complex.