• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:23:59 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

All suggestions so far

Started by Ruubs, August 02, 2016, 05:26:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruubs

August 02, 2016, 05:26:51 PM Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 08:15:42 PM by Sandbiter
Please correct me if I missed something.

Fixes
- Game Crashes

Physics
- Front wheel is stuck as long until the rear wheel lifts off the ground
- Wider Angle for bike leaning - idk if the rider affects the bike physics, in the air he does. So if you lean the rider in the opposite direction of the corner (hips), he should stabilze the bike that you can press the bike to a lower angle.
- No Bike controlling in corners with full acceleration
- Back-end washes out way too easy when you accelerate out of corners. Can't go through corners as fast as we should be able to.
- Bike bounces a lot when landing on flat surfaces.
- Bike should handle better in air. Whiping and scrubbing is still not how it should be.
- Does the rider have any strenght? It doesn't feel like the rider affects anything yet. Except for when trying to srcub (that's my next point).
- When using rider lean (left/right) on the lip of a jump (so when you want to scrub). Everything goes nuts. Rider too strong at that point?
- I find it kinda hard to steer while doing a wheelie.
- We should be able to wheelie through bumpy corners. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKiVK0YJhQI)
- Back-end seems to be too solid at times. Hard to explain, just watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKiVK0YJhQI
- Font-end seems to wash out very easily at some points (berms, ruts etc).
- There is some 'vertical stabilizer' (I don't know how to call it). It's something which don't let you lean until you fall. It's always vertical to the ground which makes berms ride really weird. This should be looked into.
- reverse left right arrow once in the air.
- Improved deformation. More stability whilst in a rut. (http://forum.mx-bikes.com/index.php?topic=936.msg13729#msg13729)

Graphics
- Improved draw distance rendering (Fixed for beta 5)

Camera View
- Possible settings allowed in Options (like fov 130..)
- Ridermovement for 1. FPV
- Improved view for whips/wheelies etc. (or higher angles)
- The replay cams need to be looser, allowing for small movement of the bike within the frame to soak up some of that jerkyness..

Sound
- 250XF and 350XF imo there are too many misfires.
- Some better 2 stroke sounds maybe.

Controls
- Double assignment of a key/button, dont know if this is correct Maybe useful for brakes (Fixed for beta 5)

Animation
- Better rider animations. The rider looks kind of goony at the moment.
- Rider animations [better leg movements, one leg off hanging toward rear wheel] see mxgp game for some idea.
- Tear-off / roll-off animation.

Replays
- Would be nice if we can save/add our own camerapoints in Free-Roam, so we could switch fast between those. (good for Livestream)
- Both first person views for replay
- Would love the option to show the trainer(ghost) in the replay.
- Mouse control in the replays

- Laggs, maybe something like interpolation
- External Server Admin Port
- Bike registration
- change bikes without having to leave the current server.
- can be a mini map?
- add Firends in game
- A nice feature would be adding an admin port or way to communicate with the server. I'd like to send commands to the server without using the server interface. What do people think of this?
- Better respawn/wreck recovery system
- Have an hour counter for each bike (Or per player, for stats)
- In game stats,  laps lead, holeshots, longest jumps etc.

Other
- Search function for tracks, gear, bikes etc. If this community will grow we'll get a lot of tracks etc. Going through everything you've downloaded to find one track or skin or model or something will be a pain.
- More tracks from.piboso devs, perhaps hire a track builder.
- Full controller support to control entire game,menus,ui etc
- Improved deformation. More stability whilst in a rut. (http://forum.mx-bikes.com/index.php?topic=936.msg13729#msg13729)
- Indicator for standing and sitting
- Borderless window mode?
- Bike degradation
- A reset marker that is placeable on the tracks on testing, this could be used for setting fast laps by placing it before the start line and practising lines, jumps etc.
- It would be great to be able to pack a bike with alternative edf's to be picked from the bike menu in game. For example you could include two steer objects, one with handguards and fatbars, one with twinwalls, one with a different number plate / enduro front or whatever and be able to choose which one you want to use in game. The same could apply to chassis for different exhausts / silencers / seats and front suspension could have with / without disc covers.. Just use case examples of course.. Down to the bike creator to decide what options they want to include. This way, you would only need one bike file, the geom and engine would all be the same, just able to personalise.
- Would be cool for roost of other bikes to get goggles dirty quicker and not so much when not.

Track editing
Deformation
-Softnessmap, a map where you can specify where the dirt gets deformed more or less.

3dgrass
- Controllable drawdistance
- It also seems that 3d grass is havier (performance wise) than 3d objects. Should be the opposite I suppose?

Centerline and resets
The way the resets work, as far as I understand, is that you repop on the closest centerline spot. Which induces:
1. potential cross-lane resets
2. repop in the middle of the lane (this is where you HAVE to place your centerline, otherwise you'll have tons of cross-lane resets). With collisions on, erm...
3. a crapton of waiting: 22 riders on a 1 minute (900m track). If you fall on a full grid, you might never get back on.
4. almost impossible to have over unders.

I would really like, in order to make it fully raceable:
- Being able to force "last successful checkpoint reset". If you fall, you repop on your last succesfully passed checkpoint. This would get rid of 99% of 1. and 4. Possibly a checkbox in the checkpoint setting?
- Being able to redefine the location of the repop. For example by creating a secondary centerline that is used only for repops (on the side), interacting with my first suggestion too. This would take care of 2., a bit of 3. as well.
- Being able to define the safe distance for a repop. It currently is way too big for SX. This would take care of 3. for sure.

Marchals
- Being able to define which section of the centerline they are supposed to watch. I'm getting cross-flags on SX tracks and I haven't found a fix. In their edit box, they could have a "Long. Start, Long. End" values (optional, or defaulted to flag location +- 100).

Cameras
- Being able to have the effect of their limits when you use "Test".
- As with marshals, being able to set which part of the track the cameras are designed to watch.

Other
- Would be nice to have a percentage completion in this fbx2edf.

My top priorities:
1. Better netcode
2. Ridermovement for 1. FPV
3. Bike bounces a lot when landing on flat surfaces.
4. Back-end washes out way too easy when you accelerate out of corners. Can't go through corners as fast as we should be able to.
5. Font-end seems to wash out very easily at some points (berms, ruts etc).
6. When using rider lean (left/right) on the lip of a jump (so when you want to scrub). Everything goes nuts. Rider too strong at that point?
7. Does the rider have any strenght? It doesn't feel like the rider affects anything yet. Except for when trying to srcub (that's my next point).
8. Bike should handle better in air. Whiping and scrubbing is still not how it should be.
9. Back-end seems to be too solid at times. Hard to explain, just watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKiVK0YJhQI
10. There is some 'vertical stabilizer' (I don't know how to call it). It's something which don't let you lean until you fall. It's always vertical to the ground which makes berms ride really weird. This should be looked into.
11. We should be able to wheelie through bumpy corners. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKiVK0YJhQI)
12. I find it kinda hard to steer while doing a wheelie.
13. Improved deformation. More stability whilst in a rut.
14. It would be great to be able to pack a bike with alternative edf's to be picked from the bike menu in game. For example you could include two steer objects, one with handguards and fatbars, one with twinwalls, one with a different number plate / enduro front or whatever and be able to choose which one you want to use in game. The same could apply to chassis for different exhausts / silencers / seats and front suspension could have with / without disc covers.. Just use case examples of course.. Down to the bike creator to decide what options they want to include. This way, you would only need one bike file, the geom and engine would all be the same, just able to personalise.

GDUBMX

Improved deformation. More stability whilst in a rut.
In game stats,  laps lead, holeshots, longest jumps etc.
Rider animations [better leg movements, one leg off hanging toward rear wheel] see mxgp game for some idea.
Full controller support to control entire game,menus,ui etc
More tracks from.piboso devs, perhaps hire a track builder.
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

Ruubs

Quote from: gdubmx on August 02, 2016, 06:18:22 PM
Improved deformation. More stability whilst in a rut.
In game stats,  laps lead, holeshots, longest jumps etc.
Rider animations [better leg movements, one leg off hanging toward rear wheel] see mxgp game for some idea.
Full controller support to control entire game,menus,ui etc
More tracks from.piboso devs, perhaps hire a track builder.
Added these. Thanks for the input!