• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 11:51:59 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Time-keeping enduros centerline

Started by Ruubs, October 17, 2016, 08:57:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruubs

This game has Motocross, supercross and supermoto. In my opinion it's really missing one style of racing. That's enduro!
I don't know if Piboso and / or Snappe is familiar with Enduro. If you don't understand anything from what I'm going to tell you now, just reply and I'll try to explain it better.

I'm talking about Time-keeping enduros here. Not GNCC or WNYOA style races. These are possible already.

A centerline where you can put in 'stages'. These stages will record a lap time. The centerline outside the stages won't record a lap time. Modders should be able to add more than 1 stage into the centerline (2-4 stages would be ideal IMO). Players should still ride more than 1 lap (probably around 6 or so, depending on the track length). In the end all the stage times will be added to eachother per player:
Ruben Kuilder:
Lap 1:
Stage 1: 10.23 min Stage 2: 8.40
Lap 2:
Stage 1: 9.58 min Stage 2: 9.12

Overall time:
37.33 min.

The player with the lowest overall time (from the stages) wins the event.

Here's some extra information: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enduro

Ruubs

Something to add to this.

Rock, tractor tire, car tire, car and log collisions would be great as well.
Extreme enduros most include riding of those types of objects.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

I definitely like the sound of it..  I've messed around with bigger maps wondering if it's worth the time making a huge enduro.. I think it probably is, but man, to make it anything other than a bland wasteland will take a huge amount of time..

Ruubs

It sure is very hard to make a big enduro map! I've tried it lots of time for other games but failed. If this gets implemented in Mx Bikes I'll definitely make enduro maps tho! I got new techniques which will help me out a lot. We just need the racing to work.