• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:22:15 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Other Machines

Started by KRDJMTC, October 17, 2016, 08:36:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KRDJMTC

October 17, 2016, 08:36:54 PM Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 08:39:20 PM by KRDJMTC
Do you think that ATVs, three wheelers, flat track bikes, and other machines like this should be added into the game later on?

I personally think that ATVs would be ALOT of fun with this game's engine, and adding in some of the less popular motosports would add a never-before-seen dynamic into this game.

It doesn't have to happen soon.  Maybe closer to the game's release.
Regards,
KRDJMTC

GDUBMX

October 18, 2016, 12:34:24 AM #1 Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 09:00:07 AM by gdubmx
Yeah sure why not,  I like riding atvs from time to time on mva games.

Edit: I change my mind,  I just wanna see this game finished and on steam with fully working features, updated Ui, full controller support.
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

philiaN

If all other stuff is done, a sidecar could be really awesome. imagine that you have to controll the bike (left analog stick, rider with autolean) and the second rider (right stick, with manual leaning) epic :)

Ruubs

Quote from: philiaN on October 18, 2016, 12:59:24 AM
If all other stuff is done, a sidecar could be really awesome. imagine that you have to controll the bike (left analog stick, rider with autolean) and the second rider (right stick, with manual leaning) epic :)
Or having the option for multiplayer sidecar racing. One player riding and the second player in the sidecar.

philiaN

Yeah my brother is riding sidecar, so that was my first thought,too. But i think, cause of delay this isnt possible :)

KRDJMTC

Quote from: geofanatec on October 18, 2016, 01:18:23 AM
Just giving personal opinion here, but this all seems way to arcade.

This isn't MX vs ATV or Sidecar :)

Even if the Mountain Biking comes to be, it should eventually be it's own sim

I don't think adding a bit more variety into the mix will cause the game to be too arcadey.  Piboso has actually already done this with another sim they are working on.  World Racing Series seems to use the same engine as MX-Bikes, and that game includes F1, Rally, Grand Touring, and sprint cars.  I think it would be awesome if this game was diverse like that.
Regards,
KRDJMTC

KRDJMTC

October 18, 2016, 04:29:47 AM #6 Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 04:32:06 AM by KRDJMTC
(Where are you getting mountain bikes from?)

Flat track bikes are a type of dirt bike.  ATVs are motorcycles used in motocross, which is shortened to MX. I don't think the marketing is that misleading.

And the other vehicles in World Racing Series aren't modded.  They come with the game.
Regards,
KRDJMTC

KRDJMTC

October 18, 2016, 04:54:21 AM #7 Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 06:12:22 PM by KRDJMTC
Lol wow.  Yeah, I think that's a bit too far. ;D If I came to this game, like, six months from now, and saw this mod, I would be like: (??? Why is... who would... why do...)  We could add mountain bikes to BMX-Bikes.

I didn't think that Piboso was actually supporting this.  Hm... I think this interests me..

The tear off animation will come with time.
Regards,
KRDJMTC

PiBoSo

October 18, 2016, 01:11:51 PM #8 Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 01:24:29 PM by PiBoSo
Quote from: geofanatec on October 18, 2016, 04:59:36 AM
Edit: I gonna put this one at top. I have been here WAY before MXB "beta1" was even released.

Not the entire point, but yes!

He said "pedaling" would be so easy to add.

But yet a tear-off animation isn't easy? Compared to pedaling?

Seriously?!?!?

Pedaling is WAY more complex to that and yet a whole new beta needs to come out (even after "beta 5") for it to exist.

Now an edit: HornetMax has been around.....since......forever (as far as I know).

But yet his voice is rarely even heard (by pib), but definitely heard by the community!

Please don't spam every thread with your complaints.
We get it, you are frustrated. You are not the only one.

"Pedaling" should be relatively easy to add because linking the boots to the pedals using the existing inverse kinematic SHOULD do the trick, without the need for a new animation. Just a guess, though: unexpected problems may arise.
Unfortunately you are not going to see MTB support in Beta5, anyway. There is too much to be done ( add freewheel support, animate the front sprocket, remove the throttle and clutch animations, ... ), and it surely isn't going to take precedence over netcode and the missing rider animations.

PiBoSo

Quote from: KRDJMTC on October 17, 2016, 08:36:54 PM
Do you think that ATVs, three wheelers, flat track bikes, and other machines like this should be added into the game later on?

I personally think that ATVs would be ALOT of fun with this game's engine, and adding in some of the less popular motosports would add a never-before-seen dynamic into this game.

It doesn't have to happen soon.  Maybe closer to the game's release.

There are no plans to add or even support ATV and sidecars.
Flat track bikes and MTB, on the other side, shouldn't be a big problem, and are more in the "spirit" of the MX Bikes project. For sure MTB will NOT be a separate sim.
Speedway motorcycles have been considered, too, but the rear wheel is solid to the frame and the front suspension doesn't use forks. Probably not worth the effort of simulating this peculiar chassis.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Is it currently impossible to create a rigid bike with no suspension?

PiBoSo

Quote from: TheFatController on October 18, 2016, 01:31:26 PM
Is it currently impossible to create a rigid bike with no suspension?

It is currently impossible.
So no pocketbikes either.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Lol.. My favorite type of mtb is the hardtail for dirt jumps.. That and bmx of course ;D

I really wasn't ever expecting a reply to the idea of mtb support so that alone is great.

Ruubs

Quote from: PiBoSo on October 18, 2016, 01:11:51 PM(remove the throttle and clutch animations, ... )

Removing the throttle and clutch animations? :( Why's that?

PiBoSo

Quote from: Sandbiter on October 18, 2016, 03:46:48 PM
Quote from: PiBoSo on October 18, 2016, 01:11:51 PM(remove the throttle and clutch animations, ... )

Removing the throttle and clutch animations? :( Why's that?

It was about MTB support.