• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:24:39 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Daily development - Questions

Started by philiaN, November 03, 2016, 12:39:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

philiaN

@Piboso could you give us a little Status report? How is is going so far?

PiBoSo

Progress is steady, but not as linear as hoped.
Starting to work on netcode is like opening a can of worms.
Bugs pop up everywhere, even not related to multiplayer, and need to be addressed before going further.

There isn't much else to write, unfortunately... You already know the daily development log  ;)

Asdrael

Taking this opportunity to say thanks, I like what I see in the progress thread. Fixing bugs and issues before expanding the game sounds lovely, keep it up :)
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

𝖙𝖋𝖈

+1 To what Asdrael has said. Love seeing bug fixes happening and know it will pay off in the long run for all projects :)

HornetMaX

Quote from: TheFatController on November 03, 2016, 01:23:46 PM
Love seeing bug fixes happening and know it will pay off in the long run for all projects :)
^^ That.

GDUBMX

<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

philiaN

November 27, 2016, 10:17:14 AM #6 Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 10:19:06 AM by philiaN
Done so far:

Added instant 'in place' reset. You don't have to wait for the track to be clear now.
Added offline place marker / reset to marker functionality
Air control tweaks
New track (Winchester)
Many small fixes/tweaks/improvements
Oculus Rift CV1 support

+terrain rendering at distance
+The suspensions simulation has already been greatly improved, and the bounciness problem is almost completely gone. The fix will be integrated in Beta5.
+all the general stuff (Daily development Beta 5)

Todo for b5: (wip - status?)

New rider animation (scrub)
New rider animation (kickstart)
grip tweaks (tyre grip)
physics improvements

___

Netcode + Beta 5 = Steam?

Many of us wants to see MXB on Steam and at this moment and current state it would be definitely the wrong time!
But, when MXB is stable in offline mode and multiplayer with the new improvments so far done from beta 5 it could be possible to think about it!
In my opinion the best thing about steam would be the Workshop! So, that all Mods (Bikes, tracks, (skins)) you need to get on the server can be downloaded via the workshop.
And the best part is that Mods you've subscribed will be automatically updated if they changed.

Would this be possible to implement in mxb? This would be the easiest solution to make the game beginner friendly. Or you have to get all mods from the server (performance issues?)

PiBoSo

Quote from: philiaN on November 27, 2016, 10:17:14 AM
Done so far:

Added instant 'in place' reset. You don't have to wait for the track to be clear now.
Added offline place marker / reset to marker functionality
Air control tweaks
New track (Winchester)
Many small fixes/tweaks/improvements
Oculus Rift CV1 support

+terrain rendering at distance
+The suspensions simulation has already been greatly improved, and the bounciness problem is almost completely gone. The fix will be integrated in Beta5.
+all the general stuff (Daily development Beta 5)

Todo for b5: (wip - status?)

New rider animation (scrub)
New rider animation (kickstart)
grip tweaks (tyre grip)
physics improvements

___

Netcode + Beta 5 = Steam?

Many of us wants to see MXB on Steam and at this moment and current state it would be definitely the wrong time!
But, when MXB is stable in offline mode and multiplayer with the new improvments so far done from beta 5 it could be possible to think about it!
In my opinion the best thing about steam would be the Workshop! So, that all Mods (Bikes, tracks, (skins)) you need to get on the server can be downloaded via the workshop.
And the best part is that Mods you've subscribed will be automatically updated if they changed.

Would this be possible to implement in mxb? This would be the easiest solution to make the game beginner friendly. Or you have to get all mods from the server (performance issues?)

You can add HTC Vive support, too.
The kickstarter animation will not be integrated in Beta5. It's not as simple as it may seem.
There still is a little hope for the tearoff animation, though.

Workshop integration sounds like a lot of work, and it would be restricted to Steam users only... It might be better to have a dedicated platform  :-\

osmeralda

Workshop integration sounds like a lot of work, and it would be restricted to Steam users only... It might be better to have a dedicated platform  :-\

Why not have all of the players through steam? I agree it would be a lot more user friendly to just click "add" and you would have the mod in game. Now theres always somebody asking why won't it work and there's a small filename mistake, or have the file in a wrong place. And it can be confusing to change .pkz to rar and move the files from there.

I can't comment on the work load but it's probably alot but it would be worth it. It would also give exposure for the game and that I think is what the game needs. It isn't easy stumble and find this unless you're specifically searching for it.     
(sorry 'bout the grammatical errors :D)

CSchmied986

Im guessing it will be a while until B5? Cant wait to use my Oculus! Thanks for the hard work!

PiBoSo

Quote from: NorCal 986 on December 02, 2016, 08:26:49 PM
Im guessing it will be a while until B5? Cant wait to use my Oculus! Thanks for the hard work!

Apologies for the wait.
Yes, it will take a while. At the moment work is in progress to try to fix as many multiplayer issues as possible.
Using GP Bikes for debugging because the road physics is more solid and there is a bigger community, making it easier to test.

Ruubs

Am I right that self emission objects are possible in beta 5? I guess I read that somewhere.

Does this mean we can also make lights on our bikes for an enduro bike for example?
I assume brake lights are possible already, since I've seen GPB have those if I'm not mistaken.

PiBoSo

Quote from: Sandbiter on December 04, 2016, 09:42:26 PM
Am I right that self emission objects are possible in beta 5? I guess I read that somewhere.

Does this mean we can also make lights on our bikes for an enduro bike for example?
I assume brake lights are possible already, since I've seen GPB have those if I'm not mistaken.

Self emission will be added for the track only. It is meant for night races.
Bike lights are not planned at the moment.

Ruubs

Quote from: PiBoSo on December 05, 2016, 01:21:21 AM
Quote from: Sandbiter on December 04, 2016, 09:42:26 PM

Self emission will be added for the track only. It is meant for night races.
Bike lights are not planned at the moment.
Alright! Thanks for the answer. :D

PizzaChet

"fixed the suspension frequency and critical damping calculation"

This sounds like you're on to something. It did seem to have an out-of-control oscillation in the suspension sometimes. Is that true at all?
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.