• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 12:03:42 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

MX Bikes beta5

Started by PiBoSo, December 21, 2016, 11:22:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PiBoSo

December 21, 2016, 11:22:07 PM Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 01:10:22 PM by PiBoSo

MX Bikes beta5 released:
http://www.mx-bikes.com/?page=news

Download:
http://www.mx-bikes.com/?page=downloads
( mirrors would be extremely helpful and welcome )

To update:
1) delete everything in the MX Bikes installation folder and in "My Documents"/PiBoSo/MX Bikes/ except for license.ini
2) launch the new installer

PiBoSo

December 21, 2016, 11:22:28 PM #1 Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 06:20:25 PM by PiBoSo
Release Notes
- a clean installation is strong recommended
- replays are not compatible with the previous versions

- at the moment the Stability Helper is meant to stay always at 100%
- For the old bike reset, keep the reset button pressed for over three seconds
- Keep the Track Marker button pressed for over a second to set it, tap the button to reset the bike to it.

- The way to enable the physics debug mode has been changed: http://forum.mx-bikes.com/index.php?topic=1383
- It is now possible to change the blending between the "on" and "off" engine sound layers setting "blend_exp" in the file sfx.cfg of each bike. Values above 1 give priority to the "off" layer.
- It is now possible to add an engine limiter sound editing the file sfx.cfg

Sorry for the rushed release. Early wakeup tomorrow morning to go home for Christmas. Happy Holidays Everyone!

philiaN

December 21, 2016, 11:26:14 PM #2 Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 11:32:50 PM by philiaN
downloading - i can upload if needed just tell me on which plattform

Thank you Piboso and Team and Happy Holidays, too. Beta5 is probably the best xmas gift this year ;)

matty0l215

December 22, 2016, 12:25:09 AM #3 Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 12:30:50 AM by matty0l215
Mirror by CAWS Team- http://www.cawsteam.com/Downloads/MXBikes/mxbikes-beta5.exe

Nice work Piboso and team  :D

Have a good Christmas :)

Asdrael

December 22, 2016, 12:26:13 AM #4 Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 12:28:27 AM by Asdrael
Thanks, very nice to have it for Christmas.

I'll do some testing tomorrow... AND SOMEONE SETUP A SERVER WITH COLLISION AND DEFORMATION OMG :p

PS: Any info on how to get the rev limiter to work with non-stock bikes?
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Thanks! Great early Christmas present! ;D

And all I have to say is WOW!.. Feels like a different sim.

I'm in love with a few things that I think you have almost perfect.

1 > Being able to 180 a berm controlling the back end is an amazing feeling.
2 > The 'scrub animation' is awesome, the bike feels much more natural in the air.
3 > The general ability to control the back end has given MXB a whole new sense of freedom.
4 > The new reset, and the place marker are fantastic.

Only played for 40 minutes, really good job, can't wait to get online to see if things have improved.

Docfumi

Cool!!!!! 8) 8) 8)

Thanks, PiBoSo and team you guys and or girls are awesome!!!!
I didn't lose the race, I ran out of laps.

NORCAL

For some reason it's downloading at about 10kb/s for me..? Says it will take 1 day, and it's not my internet.

philiaN

@norcal did u try the other download link?

@ALL vortex' server is up - so far we 2 have no problems with game crashes with collision and deformation turned on. If you have problems to connect to the server, go sure you have no custom content installed (bikes). tracks should work.

CSchmied986

@Geo Just saw that, thanks!

CSchmied986

maybe ive done something wrong but i dont notice any change in physics?? And isnt there supposed to be Oculus CV1 support?

Vortex_Damien

Something i noticed was the closer the rider was the better the quality of the netcode was.. like in fp riding w philian i had stuttering but nothing serious.. but replay seems to be pretty similar to how it was.. maybe a little better. but things seem to be pretty good so far

PizzaChet

Thanks PiBoSo Team! Downloading now! Late bedtime now lol.
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

BOBR6 84

Nice work! Merry Christmas and happy "holidays"..  No pc setup at the moment.. Could somebody post some videos?

Ruubs

Going to test this later today. From what I heard so far it's great!

Merry christmas and a happy and healthy new year Piboso team!