• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 05:20:58 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

MX Bikes beta5

Started by PiBoSo, December 21, 2016, 11:22:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snappe

January 18, 2017, 10:58:40 AM #105 Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 11:04:31 AM by Snappe
Quote from: gdubmx on January 17, 2017, 03:52:29 PM
Do you guys have any new tracks coming to us soon?  I'd like to see a Piboso Millville or highpoint.

Maybe I should start a poll / thread to let the community vote on the next track...

Quote from: gdubmx on January 17, 2017, 03:52:29 PM
Also any news on the Las Vegas supercross track and replay buffer bug fix?

The Nevada track is ready, but the physics is not. We are currently trying to figure out where the problem is.
As for the replay buffer, it's not a simple fix. We're working on improving the situation, though.

Quote from: BadStar on January 17, 2017, 09:06:29 PM
and speaking of tracks, all the updates to the older tracks are spot on..

Thanks  8)

GDUBMX

Cheers Snappe, sounds good mate! Start the poll :D And im glad to hear you are aware of the replay buffer bug. Keep it up mate
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

CSchmied986

Any idea when the VR.dll might be updated? Very hard to get online or read setups without seeing the text box. Also, you see double vision on your tearoffs, but thats not a huge deal.

Asdrael

Quote from: Snappe on January 18, 2017, 10:58:40 AM

The Nevada track is ready, but the physics is not. We are currently trying to figure out where the problem is.

I should make a video of this, but I have seen that the rider movement seems to have a delay compared to the bike movement. He doesn't seem to absorb the bike movements and shocks, but rider move with the bike and then readjust his position. That would throw the center of balance off on quick bike angle changes. Might be Worth looking into.
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Asdrael

Just wanted to bump this with a more positive approach and giving credit to PiBoSo and Snappe.

While we know there are some issues still (netcode wru :p), and that there always are ways to improve tyre and suspensions physics, they are much, much better than what most of us think.

After spending ages in BikeEd and coming up with geometries and settings that are, afaik prove me wrong if I am, extremely close to reality, the grip with stock tyres is very good and quite realistic. It should still imo slide more gradually and controllably because of the way dirt packs, but it's much better than what we've given you guys credit for. The suspension update was also a leap forward.

So congratulations and thank you on that.

What we need to do as modders is work on our understanding and implementation of geometries. Because I'll say it as I think it is - we have to tools to make it work really well, much better than the actual state of things.

(And because I need to bitch anyway, please get GeoTyre's v1.4 tyre values for everything beside dry dirt tyvm - I'll bother him for a 1.5 soon enough :p ).

OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

StoneRider

Quote from: Asdrael on February 02, 2017, 03:07:13 PM
Just wanted to bump this with a more positive approach and giving credit to PiBoSo and Snappe.

While we know there are some issues still (netcode wru :p), and that there always are ways to improve tyre and suspensions physics, they are much, much better than what most of us think.

After spending ages in BikeEd and coming up with geometries and settings that are, afaik prove me wrong if I am, extremely close to reality, the grip with stock tyres is very good and quite realistic. It should still imo slide more gradually and controllably because of the way dirt packs, but it's much better than what we've given you guys credit for. The suspension update was also a leap forward.

So congratulations and thank you on that.

What we need to do as modders is work on our understanding and implementation of geometries. Because I'll say it as I think it is - we have to tools to make it work really well, much better than the actual state of things.

(And because I need to bitch anyway, please get GeoTyre's v1.4 tyre values for everything beside dry dirt tyvm - I'll bother him for a 1.5 soon enough :p ).

FINALLY !!!! PUTAIN OUI

StoneRider

But, i don't know how it is possible that you had to find it out by yourself. i mean... no track editor.. OK. but can we at least have a proper tutorial for all this ? can we have a website with all explanations of everything we can modify and how to do it properly ? and a list of what we shouldn't touch ?

And please don't give me this link --> http://forum.mx-bikes.com/index.php?board=12.0
or this one --> http://docs.piboso.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page (still waiting for the Bikeed section...)

Just sayin'  :)

Ruubs

February 07, 2017, 10:50:34 PM #112 Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 11:02:37 PM by Sandbiter
Beta 5 is just awesome. I´m enjoying it in singleplayer a lot, while I normally don´t like these kind of games on my own. The feeling of the game is incredible. It feels like I´m actually on the track. The bike handles great, loving the feel of it. The mods people make are incredible too, the tracks, bikes and skins are getting better each time. I love how everything is shaping up.

On a side note Piboso. You´ve probably already read the (new?) bugs from beta 5? There's some weird air bug on lower jumps and when you land on your rear wheel a little too far you'll fall off. I don't think anyone made a video of this just yet, so I thought about making a quick one, that might help you with fixing these.

https://www.youtube.com/v/KRQROeZE2u0

Also, how's multiplayer fixes going so far? I see you're fixing up some bugs with penalties and results, sounds good! :)

Youtube video is private btw. So only people on this forum (which probably know about these bugs) will see the video. No bad advertising from me! ;)

PiBoSo

Quote from: Sandbiter on February 07, 2017, 10:50:34 PM
On a side note Piboso. You´ve probably already read the (new?) bugs from beta 5? There's some weird air bug on lower jumps and when you land on your rear wheel a little too far you'll fall off. I don't think anyone made a video of this just yet, so I thought about making a quick one, that might help you with fixing these.

Youtube video is private btw. So only people on this forum (which probably know about these bugs) will see the video. No bad advertising from me! ;)

Thank you for the report.

rc4187

I think you should use stock bikes when re-creating bugs. Could very well be something we modders are messing up.

Ruubs

Quote from: rc4187 on February 08, 2017, 02:53:24 AM
I think you should use stock bikes when re-creating bugs. Could very well be something we modders are messing up.
I thought about that once I uploaded the video to YouTube. I figured the same bugs happen on stock bikes, so I just went with it.
Next time I'll use stock bikes.

Asdrael

The two main bugs are indeed heavy rear landing inducing a dismount (even worse when seating) ; and the rear tyre griping while you don't feel the collision. For this last one, it seems like the collision box of the tyre is smaller than its collision radius or something - or maybe the initial grip with very low weight on the tyre is too high.

And I'm glad of what I see in the dev thread. Looking like the right direction.

Quote* GPB / WRS / KRP / MXB: multiplayer debug
Quote* GPB / WRS / KRP / MXB: more work to improve netcode
Quote* GPB / WRS / KRP / MXB: started work on a change to the server browser interface

For the server browser interface, let us know if you need a compiled suggestion thread for that. I know there has been suggestions all over the place, can try compiling now.
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

𝖙𝖋𝖈

The bug that gets me the most is the whole bike violently spinning in the air when a foot or so off the ground. Is that's what you're referring to Asdrael? I keep meaning to grab a video, after all it happens at least once every time I play.

Some kind of collision radius could explain it, and what I'm talking about came in with b4.

Asdrael

Quote from: TFC on February 08, 2017, 09:20:25 AM
The bug that gets me the most is the whole bike violently spinning in the air when a foot or so off the ground. Is that's what you're referring to Asdrael? I keep meaning to grab a video, after all it happens at least once every time I play.

Yep. From replays, it looks like the tyre is gripping suddenly while barely touching the group and barely any weight on it. Happens easily on JS7 compound when scrubing the sand hills - catch the side of a "sand wave" and WEEEEEE
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Ruubs

Quote from: Asdrael on February 08, 2017, 09:22:26 AM
Quote from: TFC on February 08, 2017, 09:20:25 AM

Yep. From replays, it looks like the tyre is gripping suddenly while barely touching the group and barely any weight on it. Happens easily on JS7 compound when scrubing the sand hills - catch the side of a "sand wave" and WEEEEEE
Is that the bug that I showed in the video? Sounds the same. Feels like the rear tire hits the ground while it's a foot off. Kinda scary to scrub or whip on small jumps.

I get this bug on JS7 compound, just like Asdrael said. Also on the TNMX inside single after the finish line jump and on Winchester on the weird jump after the finish line and before the pits. All jumps where you're not coming of the ground a lot.