• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 04:04:50 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

MX Bikes beta5

Started by PiBoSo, December 21, 2016, 11:22:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

𝖙𝖋𝖈

No, the bug I'm talking about happens when both wheels are off the floor and you're holding bike lean either left or right.

Example:

You come over the step down then step up on Winchester, 180 corner then in to the snake run. When coming out there is a roller. Because you are in a corner you're steering. If you steer over that roller and both wheels come off the floor the bike does a rapid 90* turn, sometimes more in the air.

StoneRider

Quote from: TFC on February 08, 2017, 01:26:25 PM
No, the bug I'm talking about happens when both wheels are off the floor and you're holding bike lean either left or right.

Example:

You come over the step down then step up on Winchester, 180 corner then in to the snake run. When coming out there is a roller. Because you are in a corner you're steering. If you steer over that roller and both wheels come off the floor the bike does a rapid 90* turn, sometimes more in the air.

I think it's fixed. I'm pretty sure i saw this in the Daily Developement.

StoneRider

Quote from: Philian on February 08, 2017, 01:28:46 PM
* GPB / WRS / KRP / MXB: fixed the replay rotation bug. Example of before and after: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtaAUb23V4E ( please forget the rider animations... That's another bug )

Or may be not... :/

pacopastor34

Quote from: StoneRider on February 08, 2017, 01:32:14 PM
Quote from: Philian on February 08, 2017, 01:28:46 PM
* GPB / WRS / KRP / MXB: fixed the replay rotation bug. Example of before and after: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtaAUb23V4E ( please forget the rider animations... That's another bug )

Or may be not... :/

I think it was fixed for beta 6 and I hope so

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Yeah I got my hopes up when I saw that too :(

CSchmied986

Is it me, or is ALL of the bike weight directly over the footpegs? I've just noticed how light the front and rear and always seem, and when going off jumps, in air, etc. the bike seems to want to spin violently around i'ts center, has a 'rocking horse' effect, and can be quite unpredictable. And instead of leading with the front wheel, it almost looks like it is dragging the front wheel around the corner.  ???

Asdrael

Quote from: NorCal 986 on February 09, 2017, 02:56:03 AM
Is it me, or is ALL of the bike weight directly over the footpegs? I've just noticed how light the front and rear and always seem, and when going off jumps, in air, etc. the bike seems to want to spin violently around i'ts center, has a 'rocking horse' effect, and can be quite unpredictable. And instead of leading with the front wheel, it almost looks like it is dragging the front wheel around the corner.  ???

Bikewise, around 60% of the mass is centered around the engine, 25% around the front fork, 15% around the rear swingarm for a total of around 100kg. Then you have 80kg of rider whose mass is centered around his hips, but you can move that around. I find that this leading with the "front wheel" effect depends on geometry, setup and rider attitude in turns. The Kawa 450F that was just released for example, requires you to rely on your rear wheel to exit turns while the Yamaha is much more balanced. Trying stuff out, I also made some more front wheel oriented stuff. However the center of mass is placed arbitrarily so of course improvemens can be made there.

Quote from: geofanatec on February 09, 2017, 03:06:44 AMWill say, the overall weight is 50-60 lbs lower than real life though (if mass = kg).
Front mass from the .geom file is in kg and is exact, for MSM (2014 sxf) as for the "OEM" models. Keep in mind you need to add 10+7.5 for wheels and that the .cfg has the dry mass, while manufacturers give wet mass. So you need to add (17.5+ Fuel Capacity * 0.74) to the sum of masses you find in the .cfg.
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

CSchmied986

It may have noting to do with weight at all, and is probably all about physics, like when you're turning going off of jumps and the bike snaps back the other way, or sometimes while moving the rider in the air, he will just snap into the opposite direction or even turn upside down.

CSchmied986

Any ideas on how to fix the "oculus.dll' text problem? It works great, but can just be a nightmare when trying to get online, chat, work with setups, etc.

PiBoSo

Quote from: NorCal 986 on February 18, 2017, 02:54:33 AM
Any ideas on how to fix the "oculus.dll' text problem? It works great, but can just be a nightmare when trying to get online, chat, work with setups, etc.

The bug is in the engine, not the Oculus DLL.
This problem should be fixed in the next MXB release.

StoneRider

February 18, 2017, 12:52:31 PM #130 Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 12:55:16 PM by StoneRider
Quote from: PiBoSo on February 18, 2017, 10:10:02 AM

The oculus problem ? or the bike spinning problem ?

I mean... you don't answer us for a major behavior bug ? and you answer for an oculus problem ? i really don't get it... i hope i misunderstood something.

PiBoSo

Quote from: StoneRider on February 18, 2017, 12:52:31 PM
Quote from: PiBoSo on February 18, 2017, 10:10:02 AM

The oculus problem ? or the bike spinning problem ?

I mean... you don't answer us for a major behavior bug ? and you answer for an oculus problem ? i really don't get it... i hope i misunderstood something.

The Oculus problem is ( hopefully ) already solved, so the fix can be announced.
Debugging of the bike physics hasn't even started yet.

StoneRider

Quote from: PiBoSo on February 18, 2017, 02:46:29 PM
Debugging of the bike physics hasn't even started yet.

Well... at least here is an info.