• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:24:05 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

MX Bikes beta5

Started by PiBoSo, December 21, 2016, 11:22:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruubs

Quote from: geofanatec on December 25, 2016, 12:31:40 AM
Quote from: Sandbiter on December 24, 2016, 01:27:13 AM
Don't think this is worth a new thread, it's just a quick question..

Could anyone explain to me how the stats records work? I can't find myself on the forest raceway records pages. Rode a 45.4 on forest raceway earlier today but it's nowhere to be found. It was on the MSM 250xf.

I don't know which server it was, might've been www.mxb-central.com 3 since that's where forest raceway is on at the moment.

The stats page also mentions 'unrated' for me. There are only 13 guys rated yet. I've done several races already. How's this rating done?
http://stats.mx-bikes.com/stats.php?rider=2088315657

Have to be on a registered track and official bike for record to show. Maybe beta5 isn't working yet, I haven't looked to see, but even new content isnt registered yet, which is odd.

Have to race 10 races and then rating will appear.
It was on Forest raceway on an MSM 250xf. That's a registered track and an official bike. It should show my time, but it does not. Could perhaps be beta 5 yes, I've no idea.

The 10 races before rating appears makes sense.
Thanks Geo! :)

Wedgewood

Anytime my framerate goes below 60fps it looks to be studdering a little bit.  Is this normal, I figured anything above 30fps shouldn't appear to be studdering?

BadStar

I'm not home this weekend and don't get to play much..only played a little. Very excited but don't have play time enough to to comment..

However, I didn't notice much stuttering.. would the v-sync option that's in the settings menu help this at all?

The reset issue was bothering me but glad to see Piboso left the old reset option for when we are stuck (bc I was stuck behind fences half the time lol)

Update seems pretty sweet, can't wait to get back home!
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

Wedgewood

Quote from: BadStar on December 25, 2016, 03:06:10 AM
I'm not home this weekend and don't get to play much..only played a little. Very excited but don't have play time enough to to comment..

However, I didn't notice much stuttering.. would the v-sync option that's in the settings menu help this at all?

I've tried turning off v-sync , also experimented by turning off and on all the options in the nvidia control panel but nothing made a difference. 60fps looks amazing, 50fps looks pretty bad, 40fps is borderline unrideable.

lmuzillo

When i change the settings during test and hit the done button my screen turns black and it keep doon that till i close the game and restart.

[GH]Cody

Quote from: Wedgewood on December 25, 2016, 02:40:47 AM
Anytime my framerate goes below 60fps it looks to be studdering a little bit.  Is this normal, I figured anything above 30fps shouldn't appear to be studdering?

if you have vsync on then anytime your fps goes below your monitors refresh rate(assuming 60hz) you will feel like its stuttering, however if vsync is off and it dips below 60, lets say it stays at 50 then it will still feel fairly smooth.

philiaN

So after 20+ hours of playtime in Beta5 i can share my thoughts with you guys  ;)

There is so much what has been improved - the first two hours felt so different compared to beta4, but now i have that same great feeling of riding in beta5.

So a small list what i like the most:

1. ofc the Netcode/Bug fixing improvements! I didnt expect big improvements, but this blew my mind :) The game stability is greatly improved!!!
2. physics
- the most annoying thing for me in b4 was that when you accelerate throughout a corner that u couldnt lean anymore! and what should i say: its gone!
- the tyre grip with and without deformation feels so great!
It made huge improvements for tracks (for example south wick - became super fast) and even the big bikes like 350xf and 450xf feels like you can handle them now.
- the improvements for the bounciness
3. graphic/animations
- render distance
- scrub animation
4. general improvements
- reset system is just awesome

and still there is alot what can be improved, but beta5 was again an outstanding update!

Now i only hope that we will get a hotfix for the multiplayer deformation.

[GH]Cody

Quote from: philiaN on December 26, 2016, 07:55:00 PM
So after 20+ hours of playtime in Beta5 i can share my thoughts with you guys  ;)

There is so much what has been improved - the first two hours felt so different compared to beta4, but now i have that same great feeling of riding in beta5.

So a small list what i like the most:

1. ofc the Netcode/Bug fixing improvements! I didnt expect big improvements, but this blew my mind :) The game stability is greatly improved!!!
2. physics
- the most annoying thing for me in b4 was that when you accelerate throughout a corner that u couldnt lean anymore! and what should i say: its gone!
- the tyre grip with and without deformation feels so great!
It made huge improvements for tracks (for example south wick - became super fast) and even the big bikes like 350xf and 450xf feels like you can handle them now.
- the improvements for the bounciness
3. graphic/animations
- render distance
- scrub animation
4. general improvements
- reset system is just awesome

and still there is alot what can be improved, but beta5 was again an outstanding update!

Now i only hope that we will get a hotfix for the multiplayer deformation.

whats wrong currently with multiplayer deformation?

philiaN

many people got game crashes when they join late/rejoining on a deformation multiplayer server

Mace-x

I really like b5, you can lock the wheels and jam into a berm and the bike wont go flying outside, it´s more controllable when the rear wheel slides and it´s overall a nice improvement.
Also i really like that finally the bike wont jump leaning back the whole time!  ;D

[GH]Cody

Quote from: geofanatec on December 27, 2016, 12:12:44 AM
Ya I can't even last 1 lap before a game crash on deformation server
oh that, i thought you meant something like the deformation not working right in multiplayer(minus the crashing). i just start my own server, wait for my friends to join then we all go to the track at the same time and no one crashes, yet if a friend joins late he crashes. i wonder what the cause is, does anyone have any thought as to what causes it?

Maatth4

I'm happy to see the game moving.
I hope the game will still evolved!
You are doing incredible work!
Thank you!!!!!!

CSchmied986

B5 is a very solid upgrade! I like that the bike feels heavier now, but the rear end still does not "dig" how it would in real life. The rear suspension should sink more on throttle for better traction, and that would help a lot in understanding and adjusting suspension. But still i huge upgrade, and got me picking up my sticks again! New series here we come  ???

al167

December 29, 2016, 10:45:24 AM #88 Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 10:49:43 AM by al167
Bugs spotted:
when you slow reverse, your right hand detaches from the handlebars whist steering. 

physics:
I say this every beta, although this is the best mx bikes yet, I personally don't like the way the bike is controlled with predicted lean angle. it feels like I don't have control over the bike as soon as it looses any traction. I don't know if I will ever like this game because of this.

I still am pushing the devs to get rid of what must be a crazy super complicated steering system and just have a simple direct steering system with a few speed, damping and force factors just like mx sim.

Also the bike suspension physic's seem maybe little laggy compared to other mx games, Mainly when leaving up ramps or on whoops or landing off jumps, What frequency are the physics running at? can the be sped up? Maybe modifying the collision prediction system may help.

But thanks for keeping at it devs.

Asdrael

December 29, 2016, 11:04:31 AM #89 Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 11:08:06 AM by Asdrael
After running a bit of SX (my AMA tracks, both JS7 SX) on different bike models with stock settings, I can say that the suspension behaviour is much more "healthy". Less rebound, more predictable as well. The bikes also tends to stay level much more, and you can control the inclination more easily when you need to attack a section. There is less bottoming out even on stock setups, and the bike handles different jump faces better. Seat bouncing and scrubbing also seem to have more of an impact now. Lastly, the suspensions handle better being a little short or a little long on jumps and don't completly throw you off.

The traction changes (resulting from tyre and suspension model changes) also make changing rythm and hitting lines more predictable and less wide open style. As a result, it makes different lines more viable, and the big lines need to be more controlled. A bit more throttle control is needed to exit berms at high speed and stay straight though, which is fine.

In the whoops however, I'm having more troubles keeping it on two wheels. I will have to see if I can get rid of that with a proper setup, but I find myself eating half the line on the back Wheel only very often. The front end seems light, even when you cut the throttle and anticipate.

And to wrap it up, I don't know what you changed with the 450 but they have become enjoyable now. EDIT: I take it back, nop, still ridiculously too powerful :p

All in all, loving this update for the SX - it makes it more accessible but keeps it sharp enough to be the hardest thing in game atm.
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord