• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:34:32 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

MX Bikes beta5

Started by PiBoSo, December 21, 2016, 11:22:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

𝖙𝖋𝖈

I'd just like to point out two bugs that have remained, one from beta 4 and one from way back..

1. When the bike is off the ground a foot or so, say entering the rollers on the back section of Winchester, or the jump / mound after the finish line where ground clearance is very tight. If you lean the bike at just the wrong time it spins wildly, as if it thinks it's making ground contact, but obviously these forces without traction result in a sometimes 90* spin causing a crash when landing.

I'm 99% sure this bug was introduced at the same time as the stability control, but I may be wrong.

2. If you land back wheel first slightly too much, not sure on rider position, even from a low height the rider bails off no question. This is a shame as landing back wheel first letting the rear suspension soak up the impact before the riders legs / arms and then front suspension is a common technique in mx.

1 suggestion for a future beta too, although tracks should be designed with some kind of fencing, it would be nice if the bike could be automatically reset once leaving the bounds of the heightmap. This happened to me last night in a race on a custom track, and I guess as the bike was still in motion it was impossible to reset even holding reset for more than 3 seconds.

BOBR6 84

Big dislike for the stability control thing.. turned off feels impossible, zero grip. so i feel forced to use it.

Asdrael

Regularly racing with 10+ people, no cores so far BESIDE when deformation is on and I join an ongoing session. YAY
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Asdrael

Any chance we could have an hotfix for the deformation bug on multiplayer? If we could play with the current state of the game and online mode with deformation, we would be comfortably set to wait for the netcode improvement ;)
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

[GH]Cody

Quote from: geofanatec on December 30, 2016, 01:09:38 AM
Quote from: geofanatec on December 28, 2016, 03:38:04 PM
Can't remember exactly, but I thought PiB stated that (maybe) in beta5 the server would send paints to the clients.

Did this happen?

Guess maybe it did :)

I have default paints on server and use custom ones. BUT......when in a GTX server it only shows default stuff. SO..........this may work now.

I will now load all paints on server and we all should now see custom gear

i noticed this, when i was in your server when there was alot of people on washington, i had no custom rider paints/skins at all and i was able to see other peoples gear that they were wearing. it was nice

GDUBMX

Is it me or was the roost on last nights racing awesome? I was the guy doing a one hander of horsepower hill and the roost geo and sandy was kicking up was awesome!  Be even better though Piboso if it hit our goggles and hand the pelt sound!
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

Ruubs

Quote from: gdubmx on December 30, 2016, 07:56:38 PM
Is it me or was the roost on last nights racing awesome? I was the guy doing a one hander of horsepower hill and the roost geo and sandy was kicking up was awesome!  Be even better though Piboso if it hit our goggles and hand the pelt sound!
Don't know. Was leading by 30 sec. 8)

Without jokes though, the roost was awesome yes. Mud flying everywhere, looked sick!
Pelt sounds, oh yes! I want.

[GH]Cody

Quote from: gdubmx on December 30, 2016, 07:56:38 PM

it was fun eventhough me and caleb had issues going around you lol. i didnt notice any roost coming off of other riders, it seemed very little even on the muddy practice.

GDUBMX

I have to be the best back marker at this game, I ride a wide bike don't pay attention to blue flags etc..  Although I have played since beta 1 I'm still slow lmao!  Next time you guys ride Washington on rain follow someone up the hill and watch

GDUBMX

Ya know I was looking in them files too and thought the same thing

BadStar

January 08, 2017, 11:46:27 PM #100 Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 11:50:42 PM by BadStar
The deformation is obviously a huge advancement from before! I can really see it in action in a setting like my yard replica.. The ruts become very realistic as if I am really tearing up the grass..they become deeper and better over time..so awesome!

I know it's obvious it does this on MX tracks..but to ride on what is only grass and make a rut track like real life is neat.

This pic shows off what I'm talking about.. most of this is just from riding, not molding in a 3d terrain program.

Now I think I am going to go make a flat sand or grass heightmap and see what kinda of track I can dig up with the rear tire!  :)

Thank you, Piboso!
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

GDUBMX

That looks awesome Badstar!  Can you upload your yard traxk?  I'd like to help you mess your garden up :)

BadStar

Quote from: gdubmx on January 09, 2017, 12:03:38 AM
That looks awesome Badstar!  Can you upload your yard traxk?  I'd like to help you mess your garden up :)

http://forum.mx-bikes.com/index.php?topic=1371.0

Just sign the waiver and don't come over after dark.. (at least the first time  ;))
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

GDUBMX

Piboso,

Do you guys have any new tracks coming to us soon?  I'd like to see a Piboso Millville or highpoint.

Also any news on the Las Vegas supercross track and replay buffer bug fix?  I noticed that Mxb Club suffers from it too,  pretty sure it has something to do with the over 100,000kb. Map files

BadStar

+1 ^

and speaking of tracks, all the updates to the older tracks are spot on.. thank you so much! (especially club and practice)
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime