Author Topic: Rev limiter mod 250 + 450  (Read 1719 times)

nico_ktm19

• View Profile
Re: Rev limiter mod 250 + 450
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2016, 01:17:21 PM »
i was pretty excited to try it, but i still hear the old rev limiter. i don't know what im do wrong, i put it in the 450xf folder, same as the 250xf but it doesn't work for me
I don't know if you did, but you shouldn't change the name of the file. The file should be named 250cc_limiter.wav
Okay thank you Sand, finally it work, i love how it's sound, it's was because my file name was "250_limiter.wav(2)"

Asdrael

• [i]OEM Nerd / MOD Crew[/i]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2017, 09:49:43 AM »
250YZF https://youtu.be/g1lJ4zxIywU (too much saturation?)

YZ450F helmet cam rev limiter - several straight seconds, pretty clean - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBdDd1g5sKI

Now tell me how to make the sounds for the game. The .wav doesn't open in any software I have, including "pro" audio ones. What kind of codec should it use? I can probaly figure it out once I find out what the actual format / codec is :p
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods.
OEM bikes not showing in game? Read their Threads, you need GeoTyres
OneStopSyncShop

Sandbiter

• View Profile
    • RK Web development
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2017, 11:37:47 AM »
Awesome Asdrael, will try the second one out.

I actually tried the first one already. Don't exactly remember how it sounded, but I thought it wasn't that good. I had 3 other rev limiters ready for release but when I updated my bike pack to race GTX I lost them. I think I still have the original files from the youtube video so I'll try and get them in game again. Two of them sounded really cool, one of them didn't IMO but others might've liked it.

It's kinda hard to get it to sound somewhat good though, because the overall 'tone' is mostly way off the stock bike sounds.

Would be great if someone could record some 2 stroke sounds. I could make them loop and we can try and get them in game as a team then. Rev limiter sounds are easy to put in the game, I doubt any other sound is easy.

It's not that hard to get something working for the rev limiter. Just be sure your audio track is monotized and not stereo.

I use http://www.clipconverter.cc/ to download the youtube audio. I then put the .mp3 in audacity, make it mono instead of stereo, cut the audio track, add some effects so it loops correctly and I test it in game.

pacopastor34

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2017, 12:08:56 PM »
Hi, I made a 2 stroke sound for the Yamaha I released in gpbikes time ago. You can open it in Max program and look what I did. It's not the best but maybe it helps you.

muffinchops95

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2017, 10:36:18 PM »
I am totaly digging this rev limiter- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxYVspbO_hY
Malcom's rev limiter revs to like 14000?! I tried to make the limiter but it didnt work. Can someone try?  ;D
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 10:49:53 PM by muffinchops95 »

Sandbiter

• View Profile
    • RK Web development
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2017, 11:22:36 PM »
Doesn't sound clear enough. It'll sound really weird in game.

ℊℯℴ

• Aerial Racing Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2017, 11:39:43 PM »
Need at least 2 and really 3+ mics to make a good good sound (along with very good mixer and software).

GoPro is always way way to muffled. Their audio sucks