• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 10:46:34 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

A few "onboard" questions!?

Started by CSchmied986, December 27, 2016, 01:23:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CSchmied986

1. Just wondering if there was any way or play to where you don't have to see the rider while in chest or helmet cam? Especially in VR, anywhere you look, you see the inside of the arms or jersey.

2. Any plans to make the camera stay over the center of gravity? When turning, the bike like to drift from view (especially in the "actual" helmet cam). Would be great to have your vision centered of the seat or engine, so you could understand more of what the bike is doing.

3. Any plans to add FOV to VR? It seems a bit shallow to me, which makes judging speed a little tough, but I've gotten more use to it. VR has transformed this from a game to an experience!  8)

Any thought or ideas?

teeds

1. I look forward to when our movements are reflected in the game, ie head rotation and movement around the bike, that'll fix this and show people when we're looking at them  ;D

2. Isn't this already there in one of the 1st person views?

3. I find this request odd. Is it just because you're used to 2D screens maybe? The rift has about a 110 FOV, which is good but now it's not crammed into a box 2ft away. I got the same sensation of it all feeling too short, and as you say, your sense of speed changes but it's like the real deal now and I don't want to change that, plus I imagine it would be like wearing a goldfish bowl on your head.

:)
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

Ruubs

2. That's what I've wanted since beta 4. I've played the 1st first person cam (chest cam) all the time in beta 4, because I loved how the camera was connected to the bike. Unfortunately there wasn't any rider movement, only the camera going through the rider's arms. Now that 'bug' of the camera going through the rider's arm has been 'fixed'. Now I can't see if, how and where I'm leaning when using that view. So I switched to the 2nd first person cam (helmet cam). I hate it, because it leans too far to the ground and it's just weird, but it's way better than not knowing how I'm leaning. A while back I suggested that the chest cam view should have the rider lean, so we can actually see what the rider is doing in that view because that's the view many of us like the most, but I'm not using it now, because I cant tell what I'm doing.

Asdrael

Have you guys tried fiddling with the camera settings when you use the helmet cam? I had the same issues as Sandbiter at first, but I managed to get a very satisfactory (and realistic) helmet cam setting.

I'm using: FoV 110, Tilt 50%, Pitch 30%, no corner anticipation.
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Ruubs

Quote from: Asdrael on January 03, 2017, 10:08:19 PM
Have you guys tried fiddling with the camera settings when you use the helmet cam? I had the same issues as Sandbiter at first, but I managed to get a very satisfactory (and realistic) helmet cam setting.

I'm using: FoV 110, Tilt 50%, Pitch 30%, no corner anticipation.
Didn't try anything with the camera settings no haha

I'll try that out! Thanks :)

CSchmied986

Well my point was, NONE of the rider, helmet or fov adjustments dont do anything on the in VR. And obviously corner anticipation etc. have use when its head and body tracking.