• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 06:29:27 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Air physics bug

Started by Ruubs, December 28, 2016, 04:05:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruubs

Since beta 5 there is a weird air physics bug. I'm not exactly sure when or how this happends though, neither can I see anything in the replay function.

When jumping, and perhaps trying to whip using both the bike and rider lean (not sure though), the bike gets a weird kick in the rear out of nowhere. I don't really know how to explain it any better.

Another thing that might be related is that I was playing onine on Washinton. On on big drop down before the chicane I jumped. Once I was in the air I got teleported into the metal fence at the chicane. Once again in replay there was nothing weird to see. In replay mode it just looked like I landed and rode straight into the fence, but in fact I got teleported.

I remember someone else having the air kick bug as well online a couple of days ago. I can't remember who though, maybe it was Geo, not sure.

I'll try and record this, but I think I got to be lucky then haha.

Wedgewood

Two separate times online I've just randomly teleported about 100yards ahead of where I should be on the track.  It's not due to a lag because it closes the gap between me and the guy in front of me. 

𝖙𝖋𝖈

I've never had that Sandy, but I have had it where when the wheels are about a foot off the floor, using the bike lean and or rider lean cause the bike to spin in the air sometimes quite a lot, sometimes resulting in a crash.. Completely out of nowhere..

Ruubs

Quote from: Wedgewood on December 28, 2016, 04:09:07 PM
Two separate times online I've just randomly teleported about 100yards ahead of where I should be on the track.  It's not due to a lag because it closes the gap between me and the guy in front of me.
Was this while you were in the air?

Quote from: geofanatec on December 28, 2016, 04:21:39 PM
Ya, wasn't really and air kick though.

I just landed flat and both tyres hit ground at exact same time. When bike hit the rider just fell off, lol.

Had this happen few times now and always happens when landing on flat surface and both tyres contacting at same time.
Hm.. that's something different then! haha

Quote from: TFC on December 28, 2016, 04:23:54 PM
I've never had that Sandy, but I have had it where when the wheels are about a foot off the floor, using the bike lean and or rider lean cause the bike to spin in the air sometimes quite a lot, sometimes resulting in a crash.. Completely out of nowhere..
Maybe that's kind of what I mean, not sure though.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

We might be talking about the same thing, but what I'm on about is hard to replicate. I think the issue I have is to do with stability, as running at 90 instead of 100 makes it less noticeable.

Ruubs

Quote from: TFC on December 28, 2016, 05:11:35 PM
We might be talking about the same thing, but what I'm on about is hard to replicate. I think the issue I have is to do with stability, as running at 90 instead of 100 makes it less noticeable.
That's weird. I'm running 60 and I have this issue maybe every day I'm playing.

Wedgewood

Quote from: Sandbiter on December 28, 2016, 04:36:08 PM
Quote from: Wedgewood on December 28, 2016, 04:09:07 PM
Was this while you were in the air?

No, once on a straightaway and another time I teleported from a jump right onto the landing ramp.  Both times were online and I was fairly close to other riders.

BadStar

Quote from: Sandbiter on December 28, 2016, 05:16:11 PM

Why 60 when the dev states it's best to use it at 100% for now?
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

Ruubs

Quote from: BadStar on December 29, 2016, 08:27:10 PM
Quote from: Sandbiter on December 28, 2016, 05:16:11 PM

Why 60 when the dev states it's best to use it at 100% for now?
I've no idea. I even lowered it to 50 now and I feel even better.

[GH]Cody

i have the same issue with the random kick, its like the bike just gets a hard push randomly in the air if your a little sideways sometimes. this is on 86% stability