• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 02:41:24 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Controller / Physics MOD!!!

Started by CSchmied986, January 01, 2017, 09:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CSchmied986

So, i was trying to figure out how to set 2 Axis to one Stick, and Thanks to BadStar, i did! But as i usually do, i started playing with numbers and found something i really liked. Not only did i get my Lean and L/R Lean on the same Axis, i found a way to invert to Axis, so when i 'turn' in one direction, my body leaned in the other direction. I understand that it is possible if you use 2 Sticks, but now it's absolutely 'Linear', which is much smoother than you could be on 2 Axis, I really think the rider looks a lot more realistic, and I feel it handles more realistic, and bike is more underneath you when turning. Also, i imagine messing with 'Smoothing' and 'Direct Lean', you could really tune it! Here is how i did it. (I use an XBOX ONE Elite controller, so your "1" may be another number)

Haha, I only ask, if you have any tips, tricks, or setups, hook me up! ;D

BadStar

Interesting, I'll have to give it a try!
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

Mace-x

CSchmied986

𝖙𝖋𝖈

It's good but there are a few in air motions I use quite often that I can't do with this as the bike leans as well.. Shame because just riding round feels great.

CSchmied986

I turned my Direct Steering down to 40 which helped that for me. You can also give the L/R a low 'Leanier' which makes it not kick in till later. Maybe this could serve as just physics ideas for future updates.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Definitely good for that, would be nice if auto rider lean basically did the same thing, and the rider lean control could override the auto when needed. I think this happens but not to the extremes.

Wedgewood

Do you guys know if there is a way to increase the gain or add a multiplier to an axis?  I'm trying to get my rider to lean all the way to one side while holding the stick only half way to the side.