• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 08:33:00 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

So... Thoughts so far?

Started by Midbeck, September 30, 2014, 06:17:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MotoRogers499

I cant go on any servers. When I try to connect it just says error. No code or anything, just "error"

chase_desselle

anybody know where to put the gear and what to name it?

MX181

Quote from: chase_desselle on October 01, 2014, 02:09:56 AM
anybody know where to put the gear and what to name it?

you have to make a folder in the directory not sure on the naming convention but try "bikes" and "gear" i suppose haha i sore it somewhere just cant be arsed finding it hahaha sorry

Live by the YOLO - UID #2

bearded4glory

Its funny that you say that you have front end washing issues, I feel like there is way too much traction everywhere.

My short list for now:
1.Wider angle 1st person view
2.Rider front/back lean has too much influence on the bike IMO
3.No gyro using rear brake in air
4.Turning just doesn't feel like turning on a dirt bike it feels like turning on a street bike.
5.Front end knifing over bumps, its like my arms are made of Jello.
6.Sometimes the bike will go forever after I fall off it, this isn't realistic for a dirtbike on uneven ground

Overall I am enjoying it, if the turning was a little more rear wheel based I think it would feel a lot better.  I agree the rider should stay more vertical and lean the bike more under him, that view would be great.  Had a couple good battles online with some randoms it was fun until I got stuck on one of the hills on Budds.

Nice work so far.

Has anyone gotten a custom track in yet?  I have been trying but it wont show up when I try to select it.

Maatth4

I find that the game's graphics are impressive and much more fluid. This is an alpha, but once they have improved the simulation, the game easily exceed MXS! I urge Piboso and Snappe and evolve the game. I hope there will be also a good community because the online looks at the top !!

onlyonetone

Quote from: bearded4glory on October 01, 2014, 06:21:24 AM
1.Wider angle 1st person view.

Go into Documents/piboso/mxbikes/profiles/your profile/ open the profile.ini then scroll down to fov and you can put it past 90. I ride at 125. Much better. Note if you change your settings in game it will default back to 90 and you will have to go back in and change it.

JohnnyMac

First 2 hours, partly fiddling with settings, partly on practice track. First impressions are mixed. The structure of the game for supporting community content and things like bike settings and save/load setups is much nicer than mxs, so good job on that.  After a while of playing, the squeaky brake sound was starting to get annoying though. Main issue though was Im feeling a little nauseous after playing. I suspect its the camera system. I can play MXS in first person for hours and does not make me feel like I am right now after only 1 hour with mx bikes. The slow speed swerving wasn't helping. :o I want to support the game, but if its going to make me sick, I might have to pass. 

lmuzillo

Why doesnt the rider put out his leg in corners as in the videos?

𝖙𝖋𝖈

He does.. it just aint all splayed out and whacky like other games. Watch a replay of yourself go round a corner and you will see your leg is down

BOBR6 84

Alrite guys!? finding mxbikes pretty good so far.. much to learn, its tricky but feels great ripping round the track!  :P struggling to control the bike in the air though but its early days so its all good  ;) looking forward to future beta's  :P

22Ryann

Great so far, struggling to get the hang of it, i believe perhaps another 3rd person camera which just follows behind and doesn't move with the motion of the bike/rider i feel the current one doesn't really give a great experience.

Also feels like the bike reacts very different on different angles of terrain? is this true? i cannot get a consistent feel for the bikes motion at the moment.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Yeah, I'm finding it very hard to jump at any angle even tiny.

Sometimes the bike handles great at an angle over a lip, and the bike smoothly glides through the air how you'd expect.

But sometimes even the slightest lean angle on a jump and you're doing a 180 lol...

But I am really loving this game, tearing around the straights, corners, and straight jumps - it's got such a real feel to it  ;D

motox24

Its pretty wonky right now.
Some times it feels nice and i can see potential.

But other times it feels too similair to GP bikes and thats not what we want more an MX game. The turning is very finnicky, worse than simulators, if you hit a slight change in track height you go down, wheel goes tiny bit to top of berm go down, go a normal slow speed fall down. Ive gotten a couple of full laps in with no crashes on the practice track.

motox24

And of course the air physics are out of whack as of now. Random 180s, though i did get a really nice accident scrub on the Budds Creek track.

motox24

October 02, 2014, 02:51:14 AM #44 Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 02:53:47 AM by motox24
Quote from: geofanatec on October 02, 2014, 02:48:50 AM
Quote from: motox24 on October 02, 2014, 02:45:08 AM
Its pretty wonky right now.
Some times it feels nice and i can see potential.

But other times it feels too similair to GP bikes and thats not what we want more an MX game. The turning is very finnicky, worse than simulators, if you hit a slight change in track height you go down, wheel goes tiny bit to top of berm go down, go a normal slow speed fall down. Ive gotten a couple of full laps in with no crashes on the practice track.

Ummm....ya! It is wonky atm.

Yes, "finicky" is an issue. BUT.........I totally see the potential. THIS IS THE "NEXT-GEN" MX GAME! 

No doubt

I dont know about that. Its got a long way to come to even compete against mx sim. If someone can show me a full lap of them going around "Maryland" i would like to see that. But as of now it feels if the tracks were anything harder than the practice track racing wouldnt be possible.

Im more impressed with the graphics than anything at this point. I would also like a new third person camera as its a bit strange now, and the first person views are disorientating coming from sim.