• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 12:03:04 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

So... Thoughts so far?

Started by Midbeck, September 30, 2014, 06:17:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dylan14

What setting makes my dude look ahead more, instead of staring at the fender.

BOBR6 84

Quote from: Dylan14 on October 03, 2014, 06:40:05 AM
What setting makes my dude look ahead more, instead of staring at the fender.

Pitch!

Scotty226

It looks great! but it sorta feels like im riding a gp bike on a mx track :/
I'm sure with future updates it will be much better but im not really having fun just yet (played over 5 hours and gave it an honest shot)
I think it has a lot of potential!

bearded4glory

I tried out "Hardcore" mode today.  This is more like it!

MXS people need to try this out, its like the first day I downloaded MXS all over again.

Paste this into documents/Piboso/MX Bikes/profiles/"your profile"/profile.ini
[hardcore]
directsteer=2
directsteer_maxangle=-30

If there was some logic in the game to know when to allow you to turn the bars more or less then I think it would work really well.  Also if the current "stabilizer" (sorry not sure if that is what you call it Piboso) helped you out depending on lean angle and stuff it would be exactly what I am looking for.

Its a pain to get out onto the track but the back 1/2 of the Practice Track is where it shines, nice flowing turns on those sweepers and way more control on the straights.

al167

Quote from: bearded4glory on October 04, 2014, 02:14:35 AM
I tried out "Hardcore" mode today.  This is more like it!

MXS people need to try this out, its like the first day I downloaded MXS all over again.

Paste this into documents/Piboso/MX Bikes/profiles/"your profile"/profile.ini
[hardcore]
directsteer=2
directsteer_maxangle=-30

If there was some logic in the game to know when to allow you to turn the bars more or less then I think it would work really well.  Also if the current "stabilizer" (sorry not sure if that is what you call it Piboso) helped you out depending on lean angle and stuff it would be exactly what I am looking for.

Its a pain to get out onto the track but the back 1/2 of the Practice Track is where it shines, nice flowing turns on those sweepers and way more control on the straights.

;D ;D ;D ;D I just tried this and  I agree 100% that this is where mxb needs to be going!!
also thank to hornetmax for putting us onto this!!!
ive added direct steer 1 settings abd tweeked them a bit and its much smoother also try 100 linerality in lean for more consistent feel

everyone needs to try this!

[hardcore]
directsteer=2
directsteer_maxangle=-32

[hardcore]
directsteer=1
directsteer_maxtorque=7
directsteer_maxtorque2=0.5

GDUBMX

So would this force 1st person mode?
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

HornetMaX

Quote from: al167 on October 04, 2014, 02:23:29 PM
ive added direct steer 1 settings abd tweeked them a bit and its much smoother also try 100 linerality in lean for more consistent feel
You can't have both settings (direct steer 1 and 2).
It's one or the other (if you put them both, likely only one of them is considered).

Linearity is 100% by default (no matter if you use direct steer 1 or, 2 direct lean on or off), so unless people have changed stuff, they are already on linearity 100%.

MaX.

al167

hey max, it does seem to make a difference. they have different parameters for each. the -32 makes the steering reversed (like how most people use it in mxs)
is there any other parameters that you know of similar to this? also whats directsteer_maxtorque2=0.5 controlling?
Ive played with all the settings that much I wouldn't know what was default! lol

cheers allan

HornetMaX

Quote from: al167 on October 04, 2014, 04:19:36 PM
hey max, it does seem to make a difference. they have different parameters for each. the -32 makes the steering reversed (like how most people use it in mxs)
is there any other parameters that you know of similar to this? also whats directsteer_maxtorque2=0.5 controlling?
Ive played with all the settings that much I wouldn't know what was default! lol

cheers allan

For direct steer 1 (angle):
[hardcore]
directsteer=2
directsteer_maxangle=-32

maxangle is the maximum steering angle. If you set it to a negative value, you invert the input (i.e. stick to the left, handlebars to the right).

For direct steer 2 (torque):
[hardcore]
directsteer=1
directsteer_maxtorque=7
directsteer_maxtorque2=0.5

maxtorque is the maximum torque applied to the handlebars. If you set it to a negative value, you invert the input (i.e. stick to the left, handlebars to the right).
maxtorque2 is a factor that makes the maxtorque vary with speed.

For GPB: http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=28.msg42#msg42

In any case, you don't use both, it's one or the other.

MaX.

HornetMaX

Quote from: gdubmx on October 04, 2014, 02:27:42 PM
So would this force 1st person mode?
No.

Forcing 1st person view is a server side option, nothing to do with the "hardcore" section in the .ini file.

MaX.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Thanks max, looking forward to trying this out later :)

bearded4glory

Yea, I tried MaxTorque but it was not what I was expecting.  DirectSteer is more what I had in mind and more similar to MXS.

Midbeck

Quote from: bearded4glory on October 04, 2014, 07:45:32 PM
Yea, I tried MaxTorque but it was not what I was expecting.  DirectSteer is more what I had in mind and more similar to MXS.

How do you even keep up with DirectSteer? It feels nothing like mxs to me :p All i do is fall over.
#DirtyEuro

bearded4glory

Quote from: Midbeck on October 04, 2014, 08:33:19 PM

How do you even keep up with DirectSteer? It feels nothing like mxs to me :p All i do is fall over.

Well its definitely extreme because there is no stabilizer at all.  I don't know exactly how it works in MXS but all those parameters in the Advanced Stability are there to help the rider keep the bike from just falling over.  In MXB with Direct Steer enabled you have to countersteer constantly to keep the bike from falling all the way over but if the "non-hardcore" stabilizer helped it would be similar to MXS.

If we could set a mix between the 2 so that the stabilizer would only help keep the bike up but not stand it up straight that would probably be a decent attempt for right now but IDK if Piboso is interested in working on "Hardcore Mode" he seems more fond of the regular mode.

PiBoSo

Quote from: bearded4glory on October 04, 2014, 09:16:35 PM
Quote from: Midbeck on October 04, 2014, 08:33:19 PM

Well its definitely extreme because there is no stabilizer at all.  I don't know exactly how it works in MXS but all those parameters in the Advanced Stability are there to help the rider keep the bike from just falling over.  In MXB with Direct Steer enabled you have to countersteer constantly to keep the bike from falling all the way over but if the "non-hardcore" stabilizer helped it would be similar to MXS.

If we could set a mix between the 2 so that the stabilizer would only help keep the bike up but not stand it up straight that would probably be a decent attempt for right now but IDK if Piboso is interested in working on "Hardcore Mode" he seems more fond of the regular mode.

There is no more work to do on the hardcore modes, except tuning of the torque for mode 2.
Unless you want external, fake, forces to keep the bike from falling, that are out of the question.