• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:53:10 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

having an issue getting 2 textures to show(dirt/grass)

Started by [GH]Cody, January 06, 2017, 09:33:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

[GH]Cody

so far i can only get dirt to show, theres no grass. am i doing this properly?

num_layers = 2
layer0
{
map = dirt.tga
mask = dirt_mask.tga
repetitions = 60
}
layer1
{
map = grass.tga
mask = grass_mask.tga
repetitions = 50
}

heres my masks
grass

dirt

Asdrael

It's been a while, but I think your layer 0 should not have a mask. And always check your channels when making masks, it's easy to update those and forget to create the 4th channel.
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

[GH]Cody

Quote from: Asdrael on January 06, 2017, 09:44:19 PM
It's been a while, but I think your layer 0 should not have a mask. And always check your channels when making masks, it's easy to update those and forget to create the 4th channel.

trying it now. what do you mean by the 4th channel

Asdrael

For a mask, you have to make a transparency channel by copy/pasting one of the color channel in the RGB composite. If I remember correctly.
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Ruubs

Code looks good. Just remove the mask on Layer 0.

Then in photoshop you don't have any mask channel at the moment.
The very bottom 'layer' in channels is the mask map. This one needs the black/white that you've painted. It doesn't matter what you've got in any of your other channels. As long as the mask channel is the mask you want it's okay.

[GH]Cody

Quote from: Sandbiter on January 06, 2017, 10:44:05 PM
Code looks good. Just remove the mask on Layer 0.

Then in photoshop you don't have any mask channel at the moment.
The very bottom 'layer' in channels is the mask map. This one needs the black/white that you've painted. It doesn't matter what you've got in any of your other channels. As long as the mask channel is the mask you want it's okay.

so the alpha channel needs to be the black/white drawing of the track layout? so i would copy my image and paste it as a alpha layer?

Ruubs

Yes, sorry for calling it a mask map in my previous post.

That's exactly what you need to do. Copy and paste your black/white drawing in the alpha channel. Sometimes it doesn't save though, but that's mostly when I'm using my own templates.

[GH]Cody

Quote from: Sandbiter on January 06, 2017, 11:12:43 PM
Yes, sorry for calling it a mask map in my previous post.

That's exactly what you need to do. Copy and paste your black/white drawing in the alpha channel. Sometimes it doesn't save though, but that's mostly when I'm using my own templates.
got it that worked, thank you sir. trying to learn how to do everything without having to watch tutorials so i can build tracks like in mx sim from memory.

Ruubs

Np! That's the way to do it. Did you release any Mx Sim tracks?

[GH]Cody

Quote from: Sandbiter on January 07, 2017, 12:24:40 AM
Np! That's the way to do it. Did you release any Mx Sim tracks?

ive made about 4 full size tracks, none were released due to me getting a ban on the forums around 2012/2013 for post spamming. all i did was spend literally my entire day on the forum out of boredom and replied to various topics and answered/asked questions -_-. now i just play sim to race RF, currently on 250 west pro

[GH]Cody

Quote from: geofanatec on January 07, 2017, 02:20:33 AM
wow..........

Well you won't get banned from that here (I am proof in many ways).

lol i hope not. me and robert brought a few friends over to mx bikes from sim, we play it time to time in my server, theres six of us so far and once mx bikes becomes a little more popular and improved were planning on making our team on mx bikes as well.