• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:13:19 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Pibosos thought on the tire mod

Started by GDUBMX, January 07, 2017, 10:56:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDUBMX

Please Piboso, your opinions on the tire mod if you wouldn't mind.
Thanks
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

PiBoSo

The grip is much, much higher. Not much else to write.
It's like an arcade version of MXB  :-\

Asdrael

To be honest, the grip is less in wet conditions and on the sand. You should try that.

The dry traction is higher but in no way it's arcady. It's too high atm, but the stock traction is like a wet clay track (and that's not good). Anyone that has riden more than 5min IRL will tell you that real traction is somewhere in between the 2 (probably closer to yours longitudinally, closer to Geo's lateraly).
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

PiBoSo

January 07, 2017, 02:21:30 PM #3 Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 02:26:59 PM by PiBoSo
Quote from: Asdrael on January 07, 2017, 02:16:06 PM
To be honest, the grip is less in wet conditions and on the sand. You should try that.

The dry traction is higher but in no way it's arcady. It's too high atm, but the stock traction is like a wet clay track (and that's not good). Anyone that has riden more than 5min IRL will tell you that real traction is somewhere in between the 2 (probably closer to yours longitudinally, closer to Geo's lateraly).

Of course the grip in Beta5 is not correct.
However, the correct solution is not to simply increase the grip.
The plan for Beta6 is to improve the tyre simulation and then tune the combined grip parameters.

Asdrael

Great. So until then, I'll keep laying with moded tyres so I don't feel like I'm rolling a dice each time I touch a brake or the throttle.
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

StoneRider

Quote from: Asdrael on January 07, 2017, 02:26:43 PM
I don't feel like I'm rolling a dice each time I touch a brake or the throttle.

PUSSY

philiaN

HornetMaX

Quote from: geofanatec on January 07, 2017, 03:22:39 PM
If we could have an explanation of what everything generally is toward top of tyre file then that would be great :)

Top part (R0 ... q_sy1) are the parameters of the Pacejka's Magic Formula model.
You need a book to have an explanation of all the parameters and equations involved: Vehicle Dynamics

StoneRider

was just trying to stop the damn ice skating into, through, and out of corners.

i put A LOT of hours in testing to stop that, and i did. like in real life testing. I had a GREAT setup for the RMZ and now it's totally useless. A day before the race. Now, you can turn like KRoc in every turns with stock suspenssion and THAT'S fucked up. That's arcade. that's not fun anymore... i mean, i'm not even falling anymore. That's just boring. I want a hard, and real simulation. either what i would play MXGP or whatever shity MX game. I WANT TO CRY GEO WHY !!! YOU FUCKED THE GAME !!! (tears, lot of tears) do whatever you want to the Wet condition but PLEASE LET THE DRY AS IT IS dammit

Asdrael

January 07, 2017, 04:34:02 PM #9 Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 04:37:39 PM by Asdrael
Geez you've turned into a whiney bitch lately.

QuoteAnyone that has riden more than 5min IRL will tell you that real traction is somewhere in between the 2 (probably closer to yours longitudinally, closer to Geo's lateraly).
and I still stand by that, stock suspensions or not. Hell, I got more traction wide open on wet grass with a sand tyre at the rear on my YZ than using stock tyres on soft soil here. lulz. (And yes I actually "mowed the lawn" for Christmas :p ).
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

StoneRider

Quote from: Asdrael on January 07, 2017, 04:34:02 PM
Geez you've turned into a whiney bitch lately.

i just say what i'm thinking. Always. go train and you'll don't slide anymore. Throttle control bro <3

𝖙𝖋𝖈

I use smoothing on my throttle and brakes because I don't trust my fingers enough. It reduced random slide outs by about 80%.

Now I slide out sometimes it's unexpected, but other times it's because I haven't ridden a section clean enough.

What bugs me more is the one foot off the floor bike spin. This gets me regularly on Matterley.

CSchmied986

Considering the way the bike and ground can seem slick and unpredictable sometimes, I'm guessing it may be more that the bike and the track are "not on the same page". But this is a fun mod for now!

Ruubs

So what are we using for GTX racing?
I've no idea what I need to practice now, with or without the tire mod.

GDUBMX

Quote from: StoneRider on January 07, 2017, 04:28:24 PM
was just trying to stop the damn ice skating into, through, and out of corners.

i put A LOT of hours in testing to stop that, and i did. like in real life testing. I had a GREAT setup for the RMZ and now it's totally useless. A day before the race. Now, you can turn like KRoc in every turns with stock suspenssion and THAT'S fucked up. That's arcade. that's not fun anymore... i mean, i'm not even falling anymore. That's just boring. I want a hard, and real simulation. either what i would play MXGP or whatever shity MX game. I WANT TO CRY GEO WHY !!! YOU FUCKED THE GAME !!! (tears, lot of tears) do whatever you want to the Wet condition but PLEASE LET THE DRY AS IT IS dammit
Take into consideration mate that the stock suspension has been tuned to be very good anyway, the best all rounder if you will. Its by no means bad, just sometimes you need more compression on jumpier tracks.

I personally like the changes and hope beta 6 is a mix of this and a greatly improved Piboso feel.

Stone, what would you do if beta 6 tire tuning by Piboso felt like Geo's tire mod? would you piss and moan about it then? i can totally see your frustration mate as you have trained harder than anyone.
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />