• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 12:35:31 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Pibosos thought on the tire mod

Started by GDUBMX, January 07, 2017, 10:56:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StoneRider

Quote from: gdubmx on January 07, 2017, 05:48:10 PM
Take into consideration mate that the stock suspension has been tuned to be very good anyway.
Stone, what would you do if beta 6 tire tuning by Piboso felt like Geo's tire mod? would you piss and moan about it then? i can totally see your frustration mate as you have trained harder than anyone.

Dude, the SAG is not even good on stock bikes... even on the msm. so don't tell me that it's set to be very good. And trust me, B6 won't feel like Geo's tyres.

StoneRider

i just want to know what to ride tonight.... there is ANOTHER version allready ???

StoneRider

xD ok thanks. I will try it. If it's real better... i don't mind to change in the serie. But please... not the day before !

StoneRider

just, btw... thank you again for all this work. It's a bad idea imo... but still, you did great and and there is no race at all, arcade or not, without you.

GDUBMX

Team Aerial.... 

Please keep it to PMs guys..
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

𝖙𝖋𝖈

LOL gdub.. Which one is the big spoon  :-X  ;D

StoneRider

philiaN

i wasnt quite sure if there were changes :) but yes you have slighty more grip than with the stock tyre.

PiBoSo

Quote from: geofanatec on January 09, 2017, 05:06:45 PM
Seems that a good deal more physics were added to the hard compound and not the others?

If a parameter is missing, it is automatically set to zero.
So the various compounds should have the same base data.

HornetMaX

I gave a quick try and it looks like my MaxTyre tool just works fine for MXB too.

It only takes care of the Pacejka parameters (the "top" stuff in the file, between "type" and "compound0", all the weird numeric values).

See it here: http://forum.mx-bikes.com/index.php?topic=1466.0

PiBoSo

Quote from: geofanatec on January 08, 2017, 01:10:50 AM
PiB....Thoughts on v1.3?

Soft tyres on start is so great to wheelie down straight :) takes a little finesse.

Hard and you spin like crazy, but it's OK.

Sorry, no time to check it yet.
Regardless, thank you for your work.
It will be useful to tune the grip for Beta6.