• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 01:01:05 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Self-emission

Started by pacopastor34, January 11, 2017, 05:02:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AUSSIEDIRT

I don't think this is relivent but when I think self emission I just think vibrancy of the texture that's what the emission in max does

𝖙𝖋𝖈

January 14, 2017, 09:53:20 AM #16 Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 10:00:26 AM by TFC
Quote from: pacopastor34 on January 14, 2017, 12:54:59 AM
Quote from: TFC on January 14, 2017, 12:47:34 AM
Is that brighter than without the emission?
the only thing changes is the 4 rounds in the roof, they are brighter.

Well you got further than me dude, I can't even get my 'light' texture to show up brighter.

Norms are working on it, so I know the SHD is active, but brightness remains unchanged :(

Built this for a basic test. The 'light' object works the same as yours, separate from the pole and just one face. Please ignore the funky skydome lol  ;D

PiBoSo, could you give us more of a breakdown of how to add emissions?

PiBoSo

Quote from: TFC on January 14, 2017, 09:53:20 AM
Well you got further than me dude, I can't even get my 'light' texture to show up brighter.

Norms are working on it, so I know the SHD is active, but brightness remains unchanged :(

Built this for a basic test. The 'light' object works the same as yours, separate from the pole and just one face. Please ignore the funky skydome lol  ;D

PiBoSo, could you give us more of a breakdown of how to add emissions?

Please note that at the moment self-emission doesn't work combined with specular and reflection shaders.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Aha lol.. That's the damn golden nugget! Will try tonight, thanks.. Is there anything else to it or is that the only caveat? ;D

𝖙𝖋𝖈

January 14, 2017, 07:55:46 PM #19 Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 08:01:55 PM by TFC
OK Still no joy here :(

So I have a plane with the texture 'light.tga' which is just plain white 256 x 512.

I have an SHD file in the same directory as my exported texture with the contents:

500 was just the latest value I tested. I've tried the values at 1, 100, etc..

I'm not using any other SHD files with this texture, or any for that matter. I know the SHD is linking properly because when I assign a normal map and run map.bat I see it in mapview.

Any ideas? Not sure what I'm doing wrong if anything. Could it be something to do with Params, or FBX2EDF?

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Also, is it possible to see the light in mapview, or does it need to be viewed in game?

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Yes, but I might re-download them and give it another try. How'd you get on with this?

Ruubs

Quote from: TFC on January 15, 2017, 12:44:04 AM
Yes, but I might re-download them and give it another try. How'd you get on with this?
Didn't try yet. Really focussing on a web design / develop competition I have comming tuesday! :)

𝖙𝖋𝖈

How about you paco?

Pib, would it be useful if I sent you my project folder?

pacopastor34

Quote from: TFC on January 15, 2017, 11:55:11 AM
How about you paco?

Pib, would it be useful if I sent you my project folder?

Sorry, I couldn't test anything today. Any progress?

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Good luck Sandy ;)

No further progress, can't figure it out.

So how about it pibs, any more hints?

Snappe

Quote from: TFC on January 14, 2017, 10:42:55 PM
Also, is it possible to see the light in mapview, or does it need to be viewed in game?

It's visible in mapview. I'm not sure what is going wrong for you, everything looks correct. Perhaps there is a problem in fbx2edf...

Quote from: pacopastor34 on January 14, 2017, 12:46:15 AM
That's what I get after 30 mins of terrained compiling. Any ideas? Help?

This looks correct. Did you use fbx2edf?

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Thanks Snappe. I'll have another play this afternoon but really can't think of anything else to try.

Are you saying self illumination is really for excluding objects from being affected by shading? If so that's a shame, I was expecting it to mean lighting I.e floodlights, stadium lights for night tracks.

pacopastor34

Quote from: pacopastor34 on January 14, 2017, 12:46:15 AM
That's what I get after 30 mins of terrained compiling. Any ideas? Help?

This looks correct. Did you use fbx2edf?
[/quote]
Yes I used it. 2015 Max and fbx2edf but is that the Max emission? I would like to do some stadium lights, Is it possible? Thanks Snappe!