• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:26:17 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Videos

Started by CBL Gaming, September 30, 2014, 08:01:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mace-x

nice whips mate, try using the leaning by yourself, it will be a lot better! :D

BOBR6 84

Ok il give it a shot  ;) didnt go well last time i tried  ;D :P

GDUBMX

Quote from: Mace-x on March 15, 2015, 05:39:44 AM
nice whips mate, try using the leaning by yourself, it will be a lot better! :D

Mace I couldn't make heads or tails out of the file you sent me. I'm an auto rider leaner but want to not use it. Thing is tho   I struggle to even stay pointing forward using both sticks. Just feels really unnatural for me at the mo. What sticks do you use for what?
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

𝖙𝖋𝖈

A lot of the time you can get away with not leaning the rider round corners, just forward and back, you can then start to add l/r lean as you get used to it. I got bike left stick rider right stick.

daffernn

I only lean when whipping, cornering the guy feels too wobbly when I lean the front end just goes.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Right - but in saying that my laptimes really improved when I learned to be smoother with the sticks (just like any game) and smoothed my rider lean 100% with linearity also 100%

daffernn

I get fast laptimes just calm on the throttle and not using the lean, how the physics work on this compared to mxs is that mxs you get on the throttle and get that back end out and cut down corners this game is more of a rail the corner type of game and throttle control is what makes the laptimes drop imo.

daffernn

Just a couple things i think are the reason MXS is still the preferred simulator. Cornering and just controlling over rollers. This is what i feel is a need in a mx game and with the other features you guys are doing with these it would stomp any other mx game. also sorry for the comparison but it has to be done :P
https://www.youtube.com/v/t3LcdGUg5Ik&feature=youtu.be

thisisdef

Quote from: PiBoSoIt's actually an ambitious project, and at some point, hopefully sooner than later, it will show its full potential.

Mace-x

Quote from: daffernn on March 15, 2015, 01:35:58 PM
Just a couple things i think are the reason MXS is still the preferred simulator. Cornering and just controlling over rollers. This is what i feel is a need in a mx game and with the other features you guys are doing with these it would stomp any other mx game. also sorry for the comparison but it has to be done :P
https://www.youtube.com/v/t3LcdGUg5Ik&feature=youtu.be

There´s a weird thing here, in mxs you could jump miles in 1st with a twist of the throttle, when in mxb it´s really hard to do so, in fact, when porting my mxs tracks to mxb i noticed that none of them worked and had to be re scaled and or modified in order to work.

i´m quite sure that, in therms of simulation mxb is way ahead of mxs, mxs is called a simulator but is no more than a game with a giro stabilizer, kind of a rc bike.

of course mxb is still in early development and is quite unpolished, there´s a huge amount of issues, bugs and missing features but i can see it as a better option in a long therm.

BOBR6 84

With auto rider L/R lean, riding around you cannot lean but when airborn you can override the auto rider.. So to me it feels the same as manual rider lean in mid air..
Seems better with manual at the lip of the jump though!
More practice needed lol

daffernn

I have more of a motocross feeling playing mxs than mxb but that doesn't mean I'm insulting mxb, you guys get really defensive when I'm just trying to show what people prefer on mxs than mxb. Could you see yourself bouncing over rollers like real life on mxb? and supercoss isn't very possible with the physics right now either. As it stands I like them equally but feel like mxb will be the better game in time. Also I was in third over the rollers.

Mace-x

Yeah, i´m sorry, i guess that i´m frustrated with mxs  :-\

Nothing personal, again, sorry.

Now, regarding mxb, yeah, supercross physics sucks, mostly because low speed steering and steep jumps bugs, those are 2 things that mxb doesnt like atm xD
Hopefully with beta 3 we can have those things fixed, low speed is supossed to be fixed, steep jump angles, i´m not sure and i wouldnt count on it, but if is not on beta 3 beta 4 should adress it  ;D

daffernn

Mxs is a very hard game to master with sx and setups are a big deal, I have no doubt that mxb will pass mxs in the future but because how well Mxs's physics are done this will have to be compared to it for it to add on top of what mxs does so well :p the way this game is being developed it is amazing and i cant wait for the update. Also you can compare them geo because they are the only two motocross simulators out and both are aiming to be as realistic as they can be.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

I think weighing up the two then MXB is the more realistic simulation, although it does have aspects that need addressing and are being fixed, I'm talking generally / overall. 

Daffernn: I don't think anyone's getting defensive, it's just a discussion. Also, the part of your video where you had an MXS track with big bouncers (or whatever you call them) compared to the section on Paleta wasn't a fair comparison as the Paleta section only has one large bump at the start, the rest are small whoops. Not saying if MXB had the same track that it would be rideable by any means, just saying if you want to compare you'd really need to make it a one for one  ;)