• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 04:59:39 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Objects Pack

Started by GDUBMX, January 16, 2017, 01:52:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDUBMX

Hey all, im just re-learning track creation again and have slowly started building Freestone MX in Texas...again LOL

I know im ahead of myself here but.. I desperately wanna get objects on my track using Sketchup. Is there an objects pack available anyway, i.e trees and tough blocks?

Hopefully i can master sketchup's strange scaling thing and get some in there to bring it to life. :D cheers guys
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Good luck with the track, you know we're all here to help.

As for objects, SU is a pain and no I don't think there are any object packs. I'd say maybe once heightmap and textures were done, ask if anyone wants to do objects or learn blender ;)

Ruubs

Not sure if it works online and if it's supposed to work like what I've been trying, but you can always use the layout objects from Piboso I guess.

You can find them if you open the misc.pkz in the installation folder.

You can place the objects via trackED. Just go to layout, open the right folder and you're good to go.

This includes some bales, tires, barriers and more.

I've tried getting some of my objects to work this way. It sort of does, but there seem to be some bugs. I'll try and fix everything and release the objects that work using this method. I've even had some trouble with Piboso's own objects. So I'm not sure how well everything will work for you, but it's worth a try. Sometimes it works perfectly, other times I get lots of bugs.

Here's a video from janaucarre from GP Bikes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=UU2sysLcJDLJhWIavFvZ9J9w&v=Xlvw1NuoyWw

With this method you don't need any 3d modelling software. You select the folder with the objects in it that you want, you place them, save the .lyt file and you're done.

Once again, not sure how this works online. Maybe people can delete the .lyt file (which I doubt).

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Kinda cool sandy. Does it work for trees?

GDUBMX

Nice job Sandra,  sounds like a much better way of doing them.  Cheers guys,  when I get to that part in a few months I'll keep you posted haha

Asdrael

My SX kit has some tough blocks in it for SU.
Good luck!
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Ruubs

Quote from: TFC on January 16, 2017, 02:10:39 PM
Kinda cool sandy. Does it work for trees?
It does. Kind of.
I've exported my trees and shrubs to work. I've some trouble though. It looks like if you have a plane, duplicate it and flip it (so you basicly have a 2 sided plane), it doesn't work. You can try and move it, but it won't work. On solid objects (a cylinder for example), it works fine.

My shrubs don't work at all with this method, because they're just a bunch of planes. My trees sort of work, but you've got to be sure to move the objects via the log, but the leaves (planes).

Ruubs

Geo is right about the scaling.

It's only possible to place, move (also up) and rotate an object.
It's fairly easy for object creators to make different versions of one object though. I have 4 trees and every tree has three versions. A big, medium and small version.
The objects will always align to the terrain though (except if you get a bug, which I've gotten a couple of times). So placing an object to point straight in the air is not possible I guess. Maybe that's something you can change in the .lyt file with notepad++ though.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

I think some kind of object placement was mentioned as part of the advanced editor planned for either v1 or after..

For now I'll stick to blender :)

GDUBMX

Ok..
After following TFC's geo location tutorial i have run into a problem which i think is defo related to me.. HAHAHA surprise surprise!

This is supposedly my heightmap, i know Freestone is flat but this flat?!  :-\
Perhaps i need to do it the oldschool way of painting a heightmap and doin it that way

𝖙𝖋𝖈

January 17, 2017, 01:45:01 PM #10 Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 01:51:43 PM by TFC
It will never have jumps if that's what you mean. I think Google height data is calculated based on  survey maps or something.

What you see on Google earth is a different height data you can't access, at least not on a small scale like an mx track. SU uses Google maps not earth.

This means you use SU geolocation to get the environment I.e hills, scale, then you manually make the track on that heightmap.

If you're saying the terrain is too flat, have you used Google maps on the corresponding parts whitest area and the blackest area to get the height and used that in the hmf and tht?

BadStar

I did a bunch of tree's in su.. wasn't too bad for my first time.. did about 10 diff kinds lol.

I will eventually go back and change the "trunks" out to actual cylinder shape( not sure why I didn't think of that to begin with ahah)
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime