• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 11:38:29 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Controller Settings

Started by onlyonetone, September 30, 2014, 08:54:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

onlyonetone

I figured it would be a good idea for people to post their controller settings. What works for them etc.

I'm also curious how Pib and Snappe have their controllers set up.

wowboyz

Yeah need settings :)

and i don't know why but my 2 joysticks don't work :( to go left and right

wowboyz

Quote from: wowboyz on September 30, 2014, 09:23:00 PM
Yeah need settings :)

and i don't know why but my 2 joysticks don't work :( to go left and right

i just clik on calibration and it work fine :)

i download that to and put in my Mxbike/folder:

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.kartracing-pro.com%2Fdownloads%2Fxinput.dli&h=nAQHfMHJv

2tfanatic

I just use a reguler DS3 PS3 controller, with custom button settings no physics changes nothing.

cdx

I use a PS3 controller, too.

0% linearity for Lean
Direct lean enabled
All riding aids off

Lean - Left/right on left stick
Throttle - Up on right stick
Brake - Down on right stick
Rear brake - R2 (bottom right trigger button)
Clutch - L2 (bottom left trigger button)
F/B lean - Up/down on left stick
L/R lean - Left/right on right stick

Shift up - R1 (top right trigger button)
Shift down - L1 (top left trigger button)

Change view - Select
Reset - Triangle (top button on the right side)
Starter - Cross (bottom button on the right side)

It's not the most obvious set-up but it manages to map all the basic controls needed for all assists off in a useable way :).

Maybe it's a bit more intuitive to have F/B Lean and L/R Lean on one stick but I prefer having the Throttle and Break (high precision needed) paired with the less precise L/R Lean instead of "Lean" (also high precision). Then it's easier to concentrate on the exact values of Throttle/Brake and Lean and get just good approximates for the body position.

Any better ideas on how to map all controls needed for switching off all "Riding aids" on two sticks plus 4 buttons?

cdx

Oh... I'm new to MX riding. So, I'm guessing seat dab is also needed?  :-[

Any suggestions? I have run out of buttons.

No, wait, yes! I keep the controller just just above my keyboard and when I need seat dab I move my hands down and press Space.  ;D

I hope no other controls are vital, otherwise I'd have to bring more limbs in...

acr21

Try using one of the analog stick buttons as sit.

MotoRogers499

ill share my controls if someone could tell me why i get an error message when i try to join servers...

onlyonetone

Apparently its a normal thing. Try turning your firewall off.

Fangel

Yeah, I am having issues even seeing the servers. Also, do you guys find it hard to know if you're seated or not in first person mode?

robos

Quote from: Fangel on October 01, 2014, 12:04:42 PM
Yeah, I am having issues even seeing the servers. Also, do you guys find it hard to know if you're seated or not in first person mode?

I have issues with that. So I just turned direct on so I can just hold it down when I want to sit :P

Also, I am having massive issues with turning at high/low speeds. if I slightly move at high speed it goes all the way over to the other side of the track and if I even touch the controller before a jump it goes all funky on the jump. And at low speeds its really really hard to make a precise turn

Drewy

I'd tell you guys mine but the bike turns where it wants, not where the controller wants it to, basically flop to the ground on the weakest turning. I use a ps3 remote with DS3 tool and it does'nt work really. Any help?
Thanks

lmuzillo

Quote from: robos on October 01, 2014, 02:26:31 PM

I have issues with that. So I just turned direct on so I can just hold it down when I want to sit :P

Also, I am having massive issues with turning at high/low speeds. if I slightly move at high speed it goes all the way over to the other side of the track and if I even touch the controller before a jump it goes all funky on the jump. And at low speeds its really really hard to make a precise turn
same thing happens to me too all the time.

onlyonetone

Quote from: lmuzillo on October 01, 2014, 03:45:12 PM
Quote from: robos on October 01, 2014, 02:26:31 PM

same thing happens to me too all the time.

Try messing with the swing arm pivot and length

MUD

October 13, 2014, 11:57:55 PM #14 Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 12:01:29 AM by MUD
The dynamic Clutching is cool and all, but it's hard to use the clutch with the throttle when:
The Clutch and Throttle are assigned to the same axis (L2 & R2) Xbox360AfterGlow
Using the clutch causes the rider to let off gas, but the clutch doesn't get pulled in.

My ideal setup would be:
L1 - Clutch
R1 - Front Brake
L2 - Rear Brake
R2 - Throttle

Are there any Controllers that have the L1, L2, R1, and R2 triggers that work as triggers and are all on different axes?

Feathering the clutch with the throttle pinned would be awesome on the uphills, and corners, but doesn't seem possible with the 360 controller :'(

I have the left stick for steering, and the right stick for body positioning.

*Edit*
I thought about having L2 as Clutch, and R1 as Throttle, but with fuel consumption as a feature, it seems like I would be prone to run out of gas before the end of a moto.