• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 06:03:19 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Controller Settings

Started by onlyonetone, September 30, 2014, 08:54:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOBR6 84

Did you download Xinput? Not sure if that affects what you are talking about but it allows both triggers to be used at the same time.. So for me on gpbikes I can blip the throttle while down shifting on the brakes..

I have clutch as right stick forward, throttle right trigger so its possible to ride the clutch!  ;)

Snappe

You can use a button for the clutch, and activate smoothing to adjust the rates to your liking.

My controller setup:

L2/Left Trigger: Sit (hold)
R2/Right Trigger:Front Brake
L1/Left Bumper: Shift Down
R1/Right Bumper: Shift Up
Left Stick L/R: Bike Lean L/R                 
Left Stick F/B: Rider Lean F/B
Left Stick Click: Clutch
Right Stick F: Throttle
Right Stick B: Rear Brake
Right Stick L/R: Rider Lean L/R

MUD

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on October 14, 2014, 12:35:59 AM
Did you download Xinput? Not sure if that affects what you are talking about but it allows both triggers to be used at the same time.. So for me on gpbikes I can blip the throttle while down shifting on the brakes..

I have clutch as right stick forward, throttle right trigger so its possible to ride the clutch!  ;)

That worked, thanks

Aegaeon

Is there someway to reduce the leaning sensibility? Because i can not play with it that high. For example when i just stand around and move my stick in any direction my handlebar is going crazy. I am new to pibosos games so i dont really know what i have to change.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Snappe on October 14, 2014, 05:56:24 PM
You can use a button for the clutch, and activate smoothing to adjust the rates to your liking.

My controller setup:

L2/Left Trigger: Sit (hold)
R2/Right Trigger:Front Brake
L1/Left Bumper: Shift Down
R1/Right Bumper: Shift Up
Left Stick L/R: Bike Lean L/R                 
Left Stick F/B: Rider Lean F/B
Left Stick Click: Clutch
Right Stick F: Throttle
Right Stick B: Rear Brake
Right Stick L/R: Rider Lean L/R

@Snappe: what joypad ?
Isn't it annoying to have bike lean l/r and rider lean f/b on the same stick, knowing that the stick has non-square movement ?

MaX.

Snappe

Xbox 360 pad.
I don't find it a problem to have bike L/R + rider F/B on the same stick, as I never really need full bike lean AND full rider lean both at the same time.

shanebell618

Can someone help me with the rider lean settings? I just can't get the lean to feel right. What do people use for linearity and direct lean values? My direct lean setting isn't just "on" or "off", it has a slider like linearity.

teeds

Tough one to call Shane, it's all subjective. I have mine on 100% with my rig but 85-90% on joystick. It's a tweak until happy kind of option  :)
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

Joe

Im having an issue with just going straight. It seems as if im always correcting the lean so im swerving left and right on a straight.

Its like I can lean the bike but I can turn the handle bars. Does that make sense?

Motocross gaming News, Media, Tutorials, and Reviews at http://www.mxgaminghub.com

teeds

Tried a bit of steering dead zone?

Quote from: Joe on April 12, 2015, 02:17:13 PM
Its like I can lean the bike but I can turn the handle bars. Does that make sense?

umm no  :D Should the second "can" be "can't" maybe?

Joe

Yes sorry about that.
I can't turn my handlebars.

On my phone :p

Motocross gaming News, Media, Tutorials, and Reviews at http://www.mxgaminghub.com

teeds

Normally when you lean the bike the game achieves this by turning the handle bars for you enough to reach the desired lean angle, you don't control the steering. You can use DST which gives you direct control of the steering, but bike leaning is then controlled purely you manually steering. You can lean or steer the bike, not both.

wattdigger

is there any way to use one stick for rider and bike movement? like rider l&r rider f&b and bike l&r on one stick? Cause i switched to one stick on sim and I'm not gonna be able to play mx bikes with two anymore i just can't do it. so at this point the game is useless for me

HornetMaX

Quote from: chriswattsmx192 on June 03, 2015, 02:52:44 AM
is there any way to use one stick for rider and bike movement? like rider l&r rider f&b and bike l&r on one stick? Cause i switched to one stick on sim and I'm not gonna be able to play mx bikes with two anymore i just can't do it. so at this point the game is useless for me
Manually editing controls.txt.

But it's bit of a hack, it gets removed as soon as you change your settings in-game (if I recall correctly) and, to me at least, is borderline cheating if competing online (personal opinion).

MaX.