• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Which official Piboso track do you want next? VOTES HAVE BEEN RESET! VOTE AGAIN!

Started by GDUBMX, January 24, 2017, 01:32:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDUBMX

Quote from: gdubmx on January 24, 2017, 01:32:46 PM
Please vote and specify what track you would like if it is not listed, this list is by no means certain its just some ideas.

VOTES HAVE BEEN RESET!!! PLEASE VOTE AGAIN!!!!!! ld
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

Asdrael

I don't get the interest for Mantova and similar flat MX tracks (Qatar, etc). If it's to build something on a flat surface, I'd rather see an SX track... REAL MX TRACKS HAVE CURVES (and are built on hillsides).

Sidenote: MXGP tracks have gone to shit the last few years, they are removing natural tracks in favour of man-made ones to open up parking space and visibility for TV... the 2016 track line up was really sad to see. /sadface.
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Vortex_Damien

if we want tracks, i can make heightmaps.. its the texturing that gets me lost haha.. i actually have server complete heightmaps.. just needs to be finished

Asdrael

Quote from: Vortex_Damien on January 25, 2017, 05:49:24 PM
if we want tracks, i can make heightmaps.. its the texturing that gets me lost haha.. i actually have server complete heightmaps.. just needs to be finished

It's objects that make me want to jump through a window. Texturing is not that bad :p If it's only texturing you need, we can maybe work something out? (I made most of the masks and textures for the JS7 compound with Fats' help).
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

grimm

I know it would turn the work load into nearly double to go this far, but, a fantasy "compound" with a variation of layouts that included tarmac sections for supermoto, and a flowing motocross course as the alternate layout would be incredibly fun, tossing in a big long launch ramp with a long run up to it and using a large ramp of the motocross course as a landing would be awesome to hit at tapped out top speed with a 450.
Quote from: PiBoSo on March 13, 2017, 12:03:51 AM

GO GO Gadget positive attitude!

Ruubs

Again unadilla for me. The big jumps would be really cool to whip on!

Quote from: Asdrael on January 25, 2017, 05:55:10 PM

It's objects that make me want to jump through a window. Texturing is not that bad :p If it's only texturing you need, we can maybe work something out? (I made most of the masks and textures for the JS7 compound with Fats' help).
I like to do objects! :D Probably the most fun part of whole track creation IMO.

rafagas

Talking about tracks... Which scale did you use for Washington, Winchester and Maryland? I imported one of the GP tracks that I made for MXS (which they all are 1.1:1) and seems smaller than yours.
I think yours are a little too big and wide but I'm not going to lie... That makes them really fun hahaha I might try to bump it up to 1.2:1

Hmm.. I could try to import my version of Matterley basin to compare both of them.

GDUBMX

Out of curiosity Rafagas,  exactly which height maps do you have ready  for conversions mate?  Moto boss let me convert Hostile Hills to see how it would transfer and it took a little bit of messing but we got there with it.  Just never released it.   I would love to see unadilla or high point.  I'm very tempted to actually learn the process again with fats help and do highpoint, I always had so much fun on mx sim with that track although I'm a slower guy out there. Which I have no issues with being,  I'm happy with my speed and consistency being a top 10 guy hahah

pacopastor34

Quote from: Asdrael on January 25, 2017, 05:55:10 PM

Ok, then we need some organisation...Split the work and work toghether... I can handle with whatever task. Let me know.

rafagas

Only Bellpuig so far but it doesn't take much time once you learn (I still have to) how files work in MXB.

I've made a basic Excel sheet to transfer all the terrain information from MXS to MXB. You have to enter the scale and height values from the terrain.hf and you get the necessary info to put it in your .hmf file and maintain the original scale.

I'm going to create a topic and share this sheet so that everyone can use it.

GDUBMX

Quote from: rafagas on January 25, 2017, 09:25:51 PM
Only Bellpuig so far but it doesn't take much time once you learn (I still have to) how files work in MXB.

I've made a basic Excel sheet to transfer all the terrain information from MXS to MXB. You have to enter the scale and height values from the terrain.hf and you get the necessary info to put it in your .hmf file and maintain the original scale.

I'm going to create a topic and share this sheet so that everyone can use it.

Thats an awesome contribution mate, thanks alot. :D

𝖙𝖋𝖈

The scale difference is probably down to a few things, physics being the main. Jump shapes are notably different between the two sims, mxb jumps are a lot more mellow and realistic, while some are in mxs from all the vids I've watched (lots) it looks like the jumps have been made on 1:1 replica tracks to get the most out of the physics. Since the physics are different the jumps won't work so well in mxb as we've already seen. Other things like mxs's massive fov especially in 3rd person will make any track look bigger and who knows, maybe other factors.

Snappe

Quote from: rafagas on January 25, 2017, 08:21:22 PM
Talking about tracks... Which scale did you use for Washington, Winchester and Maryland? I imported one of the GP tracks that I made for MXS (which they all are 1.1:1) and seems smaller than yours.

They should all be 1:1... I'd better double check them now :-S

Snappe

I've just checked Washington, and compared with Google maps it is almost exactly correct. You can check too using Tracked, just add a new straight centerline section between 2 points and the 'measure distance' feature on G maps.
If you find I've made a mistake please let me know as I want all the tracks to be as accurate as possible!

rafagas

Sorry but I don't know how to check Washington since I don't know where to find the track files (only my third day with the game. I still have to learn a lot haha) but I'm sure you did it right.

I double-checked Bellpuig and I was right, the scale is 1.1:1 as I expected.
After that, I thought maybe the real Washington was wider than Bellpuig since american tracks tend to be wider than europeans but it turns out this one is not haha. I don't know... It just may be a visual thing or something.

Anyways... If you are using 1:1, I'll go for the same scale as well.
Cheers.