• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:31:02 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

TFC's Stadium pack (WIP)

Started by 𝖙𝖋𝖈, January 27, 2017, 01:07:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

𝖙𝖋𝖈

January 27, 2017, 01:07:05 PM Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 05:43:07 PM by TFC
Since we now have sx, and some of us think it works well enough to be enjoyed, I've started work on a stadium pack.

So far I've only started Angel Stadium at Anaheim, and have been doing overtime at work so haven't done much all week, but it's going well. It's 1:1 scale although the incline of seating rows and height are a best guess as I can't find plans or specs.

Question for all interested.. Should they be replica stadiums? Or generic copies some which can be used on multiple tracks I.e Baseball Stadium 1, Baseball Stadium 2, Football Stadium 1 etc..?

I'm in no rush, as it's going to be a while before mxb is ready to run a proper series anyway, but think it would be a good pack to have. I'll use this thread to post WIP shots, post final stadiums when they are finished and will update this first post to reflect changes. All content will be free for people to download and use, and they will come with a heightmap with bounds marked on, hmf & tht with sizes in and two versions for day practice and night event.

The OBJ's won't be available, as all stadiums will be in EDF format they will be exclusive and unique to mxb.

Angel Stadium WIP: 03/02/2017

GDUBMX

Great idea mate, I personally think that generic  stadiums would do fine.  We dont need replicas do we?  The replica track itself is enough Imo
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

BadStar

Awesome man!

And yea, if I had to go with one or the other I would say generic so that way they could be used for anything.  Although the, generic and replica in 1 pack is fine too, lol!
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

StoneRider

January 27, 2017, 04:35:08 PM #3 Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 04:54:26 PM by StoneRider
Quote from: gdubmx on January 27, 2017, 01:33:03 PM
Great idea mate, I personally think that generic  stadiums would do fine.  We dont need replicas do we?  The replica track itself is enough Imo

Once we have the replicas we have them. I vote for the replicas.

Man, it's a huge amount of work here and it would be totally awesome to have the AMA stadiums... thank you so much dude, i'm so exiting to see it !!!

𝖙𝖋𝖈

This is what I was thinking stone.. It's not really a huge amount of work per stadium, it's more the quantity! I don't know, how many are there, do they use the same ones each year? I think I remember one place was missed out for 2 years.. Detroit was it?

StoneRider

Quote from: TFC on January 27, 2017, 04:38:09 PM
This is what I was thinking stone.. It's not really a huge amount of work per stadium, it's more the quantity! I don't know, how many are there, do they use the same ones each year? I think I remember one place was missed out for 2 years.. Detroit was it?

there is often one or two rounds that change.. but who care if you do all 2017 stadiums we can "cheat" for one round next year ! or just do one another stadium.. ^^

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Asdrael

Looks awesome.

Try compiling it with a track and see the fps hit though. Even if they are static, that's a ton of polys...
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

𝖙𝖋𝖈

18k tris. Have it in game, no problem what so ever for me and I notice most stutters lol..

Asdrael

Hey that's pretty slick!

Does it have a tunnel? Always wanted to build the pits of my SX tracks on the parking lot and have to go through a tunnel for immersion :P
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Mace-x

if other sources of lighting become available stadiums will be so freaking awesome!
Looking sweet fats  :)

𝖙𝖋𝖈

I have no idea where the pits are, I could find out I guess.. The only problem is once you introduce the outside of the stadium you introduce a whole new environment that needs modelling.

Suggestions welcome on that subject of course, but reference pics are mandatory when replying  ;D

And yeah Mace, stadium lighting will be fantastic. I was thinking even the ability to have 3 'suns' would be great, to cast 3 lighter shadows compared to one dark would make faking it look better...

Asdrael

Pits are on the parking lot. They come in by the tunnel that we can guess in your second picture. But yeah, that would require making at least one face of the outside. You could block the rest of the view with trucks but yeah, that's polygons again.

I couldn't find reference pics, but I think you can see the setup on youtube - dirtshark videos.
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

𝖙𝖋𝖈

I'd have to model quite a lot for that.. If anyone wants to make some trucks, pit tents, vehicles etc.. I might consider it, but for now I think it's going to have to be more minimal.

Anyway, having some weird shading issues.. Sure I'll figure it out eventually, normally do with Blender  :(

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Damn, if I want to do these seats properly, it's gonna take a long time  :-\