• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:07:24 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

[beta6]2016 Yamaha Pack v4.1 - YZ 125, 250F, 250, 450F - Std + OEM 27.03.2017

Started by Asdrael, January 29, 2017, 05:23:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CSchmied986

Love the bikes!! Would be sick it 125 had the 96cr engine though  8) Any thoughts on updating the model to yzmxer608's updated version? In my opinion it is way better quality with more options, and resembles to 2017 Factory bikes. Or maybe just add that as an option .edf? This is the model im talking about and a reference to the Factory Yamaha bike. Would be great before people start making a bunch of skins for the old model.  ;D

http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=43937

BadStar

My apologies if this has been discussed or maybe I am just missing something..

I really like this pack and was excited to ride the YZ125... but the 1st person cam is set waaay to far forward and all I can see is the tip of the fender?
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

Asdrael

Quote from: NorCal 986 on February 10, 2017, 11:31:05 PM
Love the bikes!! Would be sick it 125 had the 96cr engine though  8)

The YZ engine is as close as I could make it to a real 125 engine. It has 34hp at the rear wheel, just like a 201X YZ 125. The 125CR engine is great, but it has 48hp at the rear wheel, which is basically what a 250 2stroke has.

This YZ model does look great - but I'm not into porting stuff in. I was given the models ported in by StoneRider so I could work on geometry and how far I could take this "OEM" idea and build a tutorial around it. Working on physics is more my thing than the artsy stuff. But hey, if someone ports them in properly I can help with the .geom ;)

Quote from: BadStar on February 11, 2017, 12:31:28 AM
I really like this pack and was excited to ride the YZ125... but the 1st person cam is set waaay to far forward and all I can see is the tip of the fender?
My fault! Didn't check "chest cam" for the 125. Please open your yz125.geom file with Notepad and try to find this line:
t-cam = 7.99049e-011, 1.44832, 0.406376
And replace it by:
t-cam = -7.26384e-013, 1.40936, 0.013251

Let me know if it's better, I'll include it in the next update.
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

CSchmied986

Ah, when i looked ant the ENGN file it said 34HP, so i thought thats what it had, but yeah, 48 is obviously way too much. I love your yz125 model, the only thing i would say is that it seems to make all of it's power by torque in the low to mid range and when riding a 125 you would think you need to keep it near the top level of the rpm's for best performance. And maybe Stone will be so kind as to import the new Yamaha model  8) I'm also looking for someone who wants to try and import these wheels to replace the stock wheel .edf, because being so busy in my career, i just don't have the time to learn.

GDUBMX

<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

Asdrael

... look 2 posts up :p I overlooked the chest cam when fixing the geom, my bad. Let me know if it's better like this.
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

GDUBMX

Asdrael

Warning: no idea if it's going to kick you from the server. Might, since it's the geom file you are messing with.
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

HornetMaX

Quote from: Asdrael on February 11, 2017, 09:19:36 PM
Warning: no idea if it's going to kick you from the server. Might, since it's the geom file you are messing with.
I'm pretty sure it will.

2tfanatic

I was wondering why the view of the 125 is so zoomed in, is there any fix?

GDUBMX

Quote from: Rhyveeo on February 12, 2017, 05:52:39 PM
I was wondering why the view of the 125 is so zoomed in, is there any fix?

Quote from: Asdrael on February 11, 2017, 11:54:25 AM
Quote from: NorCal 986 on February 10, 2017, 11:31:05 PM
Love the bikes!! Would be sick it 125 had the 96cr engine though  8)

The YZ engine is as close as I could make it to a real 125 engine. It has 34hp at the rear wheel, just like a 201X YZ 125. The 125CR engine is great, but it has 48hp at the rear wheel, which is basically what a 250 2stroke has.

This YZ model does look great - but I'm not into porting stuff in. I was given the models ported in by StoneRider so I could work on geometry and how far I could take this "OEM" idea and build a tutorial around it. Working on physics is more my thing than the artsy stuff. But hey, if someone ports them in properly I can help with the .geom ;)

Quote from: BadStar on February 11, 2017, 12:31:28 AM
My fault! Didn't check "chest cam" for the 125. Please open your yz125.geom file with Notepad and try to find this line:
t-cam = 7.99049e-011, 1.44832, 0.406376
And replace it by:
t-cam = -7.26384e-013, 1.40936, 0.013251

Let me know if it's better, I'll include it in the next update.

Asdrael

Yes, same geometry base.

I will update those bikes (and probably more ;) ) on wednesday so I am in time for the GTX server update. I'm still interested in feedback, even on the "new" chest cam view with teh new geom coordinates..
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Asdrael

>>> VERSION 3.1 RELEASE : VALENTINE'S PATCH <<<

Wanted to get this out before Wednesday. Few fixes, some improvement, some realism adjustements and compromises. Shouldn't need to update this pack further, unless it's to revert something I messed up. As usual, feedback welcome - try to break this :p

Fix: The YZ125 and YZ250 Chest Cams should now be usable.
I had messed up the TCam settings in their respective ;geom file.

Improvement: The air filter of the YZ250 has been cleaned. Expect more kick and overall more power.
Lowered the engine inertia by 20%. Found more dynos that led me to think the first one I used had an asthmatic carburator (not that I have anything against asthmatics, but the engine has 2 to 3hp more between 5500 and peak rpm.). Overall behaviour more 2 strokes like.

Realism adjustments and compromises 1: Finally found the information I wanted on horizontal weight distribution. Applied realistic front/back weight distribution to all bikes (Std and OEM packages). That's 51 to 53% rear bias depending on model. As a compromise for ridability, the rider weight has been placed above the bike's center of gravity.
This means your rear sag will be a tad high dry, and a tad low with rider on the 4 strokes. For some reasons, not on the 2 strokes. Can't figure out why.  The 4 strokes love their 40mm dry rear sag. The new rider position also means rider body movement is more important. As there was a 52 FRONT bias before, like a road bike this changes, in my eyes, alleviates the "is this a roadbike on dirt?" issue, as well as the massive front bottoming out issue in SX.

Realism adjustments and compromises 2: The bikes' center of gravity has been lowered slightly depending on their engine weight. We are not talking much, but sufficiently too feel it.
Expect more predictable rear end movement when braking / accelerating, more stability overall, but also a lesser tendency to lose balmance in SX.

The changes in weight distribution - in my opinion - reduce the random front / rear end loss, makes it feel like you are riding more of a dirt bike, and give overall more control over the bike.

If you already had downloaded the pack, this should suffice - download and overwrite your previous files (all geoms, some cfg and an engine): https://mega.nz/#!cNYhGLIQ!qsxu6DQ1kPNSJpu0UnXF5w-gZ3AuaBCZVk9jrDGq2Mw

Std pack v3.1: https://mega.nz/#!MJAFXZga!yqNU3V0JSgdVzMzqn2BfP4pxbHD7Hbv_x-xiLwp2SZ8

OEM Pack v3.1: https://mega.nz/#!xcZVkJxK!_tUHKZtqvlHUZmDwmneEM52O-RDPZt1YeA3gTHlG-2U
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Asdrael

>>> VERSION 3.2 RELEASE : CARNIVAL TIME<<<

I messed up. Somehow, in the geom building stage of the 4 strokes, I took the wrong save and kept working on it as if it included changes it did not. Long story short - the rear shock wasn't properly anchored to the frame, causing rear wheel issues (if you rode the 450F you know what I mean).

Fixed it - and included the changes on the 250F as well even though the issue was less prevalent.

(Also cut down the file format so people can update easier. The 2 strokes are unchanged but I uped their version to 3.2 so I don't get lost any further :p.)

v3.1 to 3.2 update patch (only geoms of the 4 strokes, only change): https://mega.nz/#!JJ4mnBAb!XPTzqGN-XI1acGUAjbmgj7_scx6TExJMW54FbiAGhPs

4strokes standard v3.2: https://mega.nz/#!kN4B1ZAB!CY1puNwYnO61Xku512TM90ymXiaY3evO2JVlxa00RV0

4 strokes OEM v3.2: https://mega.nz/#!ddpUTCwL!5KLEC1vG4VMFUk7C3PKq3rm8Rm-b9fsw6vgDWarexK4

OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord