• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 09:34:26 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Engine maps

Started by Asdrael, January 30, 2017, 05:25:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asdrael

Could we have access to different engine maps, as what is possible in GP Bikes? Some motocross bikes now come with easy map changing options, and I think it would be pretty cool to enable that in MXB to give modders more options.
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

pacopastor34

Quote from: Asdrael on January 30, 2017, 05:25:47 PM
Could we have access to different engine maps, as what is possible in GP Bikes? Some motocross bikes now come with easy map changing options, and I think it would be pretty cool to enable that in MXB to give modders more options.

I can provide you the config code for the bike.cfg and try if mxb has this option.

Asdrael

As far as I could see it's already in the .cfg:
engine
{
Inertia = 0.004

mapping0
{
id = yzf250
curves = yzf250.engn
name = Race
}
mappingsetting = 0

But the interface to select it in the garage is not present in MXB (it is in GPB, even when only 1 mapping is available).
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

pacopastor34

Quote from: Asdrael on January 30, 2017, 05:39:34 PM
As far as I could see it's already in the .cfg:
engine
{
Inertia = 0.004

mapping0
{
id = yzf250
curves = yzf250.engn
name = Race
}
mappingsetting = 0

But the interface to select it in the garage is not present in MXB (it is in GPB, even when only 1 mapping is available).

Ok, maybe it's not an MXB feature...Any thoughts Piboso Team?

Snappe

We would just need to integrate it into the garage UI. But who uses engine mapping in motocross? Do the pros use different engine maps for different terrains?

Asdrael

Quote from: Snappe on January 31, 2017, 01:21:35 PM
We would just need to integrate it into the garage UI. But who uses engine mapping in motocross? Do the pros use different engine maps for different terrains?

Well it's injection mapping to be precise. At least on stock bikes. See this article, it explains how each manufacturer goes with it: http://www.dirtrider.com/features/motocross-efi-tuning-essentials-dr-dirt

Bottom line is: different mappings are available to change the powerband to adapt to different conditions. Some also sell directly the interface to draw the curve yourself.
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

𝖙𝖋𝖈

That would be awesome.. Please consider this!

GDUBMX

Quote from: Snappe on January 31, 2017, 01:21:35 PM

Snappe.. Honestly man..  Motocross has evolved since the 80s, we know you love the throwback stuff (rider model, helmet, fat feet boots etc)  lmao but come on man,  it's 2017! Bikes have traction control and air forks now.. Hahha
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

grimm

Quote from: gdubmx on January 31, 2017, 04:02:57 PM
Snappe.. Honestly man..  Motocross has evolved since the 80s, we know you love the throwback stuff (rider model, helmet, fat feet boots etc)  lmao but come on man,  it's 2017! Bikes have traction control and air forks now.. Hahha

LOL. I had that exact conversation with my late father when he was looking into a trail bike (DT400 Enduro was his dream machine) while I was interested in YZ's and WR's (ended up with a YZ426F) as at the time, 450's were the "new" breed.

I think it was the last beta of MX Bikes I tried to use 2 engine maps on a bike without any success to get it working. One was the stock 450 map, and the secondary map I made just flattened (*lowered) the peak power so it had a nice flat pull from mid range to redline, making it far easier to manage in the mud/rain much like the real life changeable mapping.
Quote from: PiBoSo on March 13, 2017, 12:03:51 AM

GO GO Gadget positive attitude!

Asdrael

Well if I have access to engine (fuel) mapping, my "real Yamaha" project is going to explode :P
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

PiBoSo

Snappe

Asdrael

Quote from: PiBoSo on February 02, 2017, 02:49:35 PM

Gotcha.
Will do.

<3

Quote from: Snappe on February 02, 2017, 02:56:45 PM
Quote from: gdubmx on January 31, 2017, 04:02:57 PM
we know you love the throwback stuff
bigass image

HeyI have those boots... or is the the model of the following year, not sure :p
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord