• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:10:23 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Pit Board Causing FPS Problems

Started by BlizzardDUCK, September 30, 2014, 11:26:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlizzardDUCK

September 30, 2014, 11:26:50 PM Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 12:02:58 AM by BlizzardDUCK
After the finish line on both Maryland and Practice tracks, once the pit board renders on the side of the track, causes my FPS to shit the bed. Goes down to less than 10 fps until I pass it then its back to normal. This isn't the HUD, its the one that happens to be like this

I think with the option to turn it off would fix it. I'm 99% sure that is the problem I was facing at Maryland with the super lag after the finish heading into the corner.

Video coming shortly

BlizzardDUCK

Here is the video showcasing the problem. Notice how when the pit board goes off the screen the FPS returns to normal, and when its on its super low.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kscYPwgUHks

PiBoSo

Quote from: BlizzardDUCK on September 30, 2014, 11:26:50 PM
After the finish line on both Maryland and Practice tracks, once the pit board renders on the side of the track, causes my FPS to shit the bed. Goes down to less than 10 fps until I pass it then its back to normal. This isn't the HUD, its the one that happens to be like this

I think with the option to turn it off would fix it. I'm 99% sure that is the problem I was facing at Maryland with the super lag after the finish heading into the corner.

Video coming shortly

What video card are you using?
Are the graphics drivers updated to the latest version?

BlizzardDUCK

Just updated my NVidia Geforce 540M drivers to the latest updated, and still have the same issue.

1Twelve

Steven

I have the same video card (NVidia GeForce GT 540M in an Acer Aspire), but apparently don't have the problem.

Have you tried to change the graphics settings to maybe narrow it down?
I have the graphics settings not very high and haven't tried around yet.

I just have some framerate issues in generell when playing without an external cooler.
What fps do you have the rest of the time? (Strg + F to activate)

BlizzardDUCK

Quote from: Steven on October 02, 2014, 12:51:40 AM
I have the same video card (NVidia GeForce GT 540M in an Acer Aspire), but apparently don't have the problem.

Have you tried to change the graphics settings to maybe narrow it down?
I have the graphics settings not very high and haven't tried around yet.

I just have some framerate issues in generell when playing without an external cooler.
What fps do you have the rest of the time? (Strg + F to activate)

Running medium graphics with medium draw, no reflections, no dynamic shadows.

BlizzardDUCK

6fps on when pitboard renders, 50-80 normal. I tried several times to edit my post before but wouldn't let me.

PiBoSo

Quote from: BlizzardDUCK on October 01, 2014, 02:22:17 AM
Just updated my NVidia Geforce 540M drivers to the latest updated, and still have the same issue.

Please make sure, in the Nvidia Control Panel, that the preferred graphics processor is the Nvidia processor.

Snappe

If you still have problems, extract this to the MX Bikes installation directory:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/80919437/disable3dpitboard.zip

BlizzardDUCK

Quote from: PiBoSo on October 02, 2014, 07:40:37 PM
Quote from: BlizzardDUCK on October 01, 2014, 02:22:17 AM

Please make sure, in the Nvidia Control Panel, that the preferred graphics processor is the Nvidia processor.

Yes it is running on my Nvidia processor.

Quote from: Snappe on October 02, 2014, 07:48:49 PM
If you still have problems, extract this to the MX Bikes installation directory:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/80919437/disable3dpitboard.zip

Thanks Snappe, its all better now with that. No fps drop anymore.

MXK_cdub85

Can I ask exactly what steps are required to get this working? My buddy is still having issues and it's hard to describe to him over the phone. He said that he removed the file from the folder it came in and placed it in c:/programfiles(x86)/MxBikes but the 3d pit board is still there and the fps hit is still happening. Any clarification would be greatly appreciated.

Snappe

The file needs to be in the correct folder:

MX Bikes/misc/pitboard/piboard.edf

You can just drag the misc folder out of the zip into the MX Bikes directory.

MXK_cdub85

Perfect! I knew it was some misunderstanding. Thank you snappe!