• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:30:29 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Springville, Alabama - The Ridge (MX TRACK) v.5

Started by BadStar, February 05, 2017, 02:04:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BadStar

February 05, 2017, 02:04:53 AM Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 04:40:06 PM by BadStar
I've been sooo busy with work... possibly moving a state away very soon and such. I figured just release this half done in the editing section for funziez.. why not!

Plenty of placeholder stuff but the track is a basic replica of a local track I have ridden.

The powerlines are 70% mine, love em! but started off as 3D warehouse shareware (so credit where due)

The barrels are 3d warehouse and too big...so yea, kinda placeholder

and some other obvious fails hahah!

The track in real life is not a first class track so I like the way it turned out, kinda rough around the edges and not perfect.. the objects/background/textures are all wip fo sho.

Will update when i can

http://www.mediafire.com/file/wt6vvt5ueu3ul96/RidgeMX.zip

Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

GDUBMX

thank you so much Badstar! ive been waiting for this. thanks again mate
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

conceptgraffmxs

BadStar

Thanks guys, obviously a ton of work still to be done!
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Just had a go on this and gotta say it shows lots of promise, keep at it dude! This would be a great track for a pitbike special event I think ;D

Please for the love of god though, learn Blender! Every time I see your objects it gives me flashbacks of SU and I really feel your pain. You've done great to get what you have there in game, I know how hard it is also to get warehouse models up to spec, so good job.. But please, when life quietens down for you try Blender ;)

BadStar

Thx fats!

I can really see how SU really brings what could be really good track down a few notches no matter what! haha

Yes, I have planned to use blender ever since you mentioned it.. I think I am comfortable enough with the process of track building(not skill, process) to start learning blender..

Like you said though, when life slows down a notch! (I'll be harassing you on steam about blender at that point  ;))
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

BadStar

Kind of the whole reason I did my house and a local track only I know.. all my(& SU's) downfalls can be on less popular tracks..

Eventually I'll learn blender and work out some real skills that I just don't have yet. Then I will try my hand at more popular tracks to help with the community.
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

𝖙𝖋𝖈

It's not even really down to the quality.. You can get some great results in SU.. TNMX was made using SU..

But, two important points.

SU uses two faced geometry, so a plane in Blender would be 2 tris, a plane in SU would be 4. A better example of this would be that If you made the objects in Blender and where at 20k tris, if you imported that into SU it would automatically become 40k tris, or there abouts.

And something that takes 2 hours to make in SU would probably take 30 minutes in Blender once you're comfortable with it.

They are the main reasons I recommend Blender.. Not for how the end product looks ;)

BadStar

Quote from: TFC on February 05, 2017, 05:05:38 PM
It's not even really down to the quality.. You can get some great results in SU.. TNMX was made using SU..

But, two important points.

SU uses two faced geometry, so a plane in Blender would be 2 tris, a plane in SU would be 4. A better example of this would be that If you made the objects in Blender and where at 20k tris, if you imported that into SU it would automatically become 40k tris, or there abouts.

And something that takes 2 hours to make in SU would probably take 30 minutes in Blender once you're comfortable with it.

They are the main reasons I recommend Blender.. Not for how the end product looks ;)

Ahh, I see. Good info as usual!
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

flexo72