• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 02:29:29 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Help I have no clue

Started by Elephant32, February 07, 2017, 08:10:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elephant32

Can anyone assist
my 14yr old has an akuma assassin pit 125  but could do with something bigger I will admit bikes are not my thing . We bought the pit cheap as we didn't know if it was a faze (didnt want to pay silly money for a faze)but turns out it's not.

Can anyone give advice on what's best

BadStar

Depends on his skill level and/or his future in riding.. trail/mx?

At 14 I had moved from my XR100 (trail) up to a CR125R(much much bigger than an akuma)...was a bit tall but I was determined to ride something I could grow into for a while..

Trail style rider, I recommend a XR100-XR200..  many many years of growth and fun can be had

MX style.. kx100 or CR80Expert type bikes

So many variables.. hard to really help you

BTW, are you a player of this SIM or are you here to only seek advice on a real bike?
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

Elephant32

I just want advice
He and his mates go out weekends round the local track.
He is nearly 6ft and as I said bikes are not my thing. So just wanted advice on what's out there and what's the best option for him. Typical boy the faster the better. Preferably something that will last a while

pacopastor34

Quote from: Elephant32 on February 07, 2017, 09:48:43 PM
I just want advice
He and his mates go out weekends round the local track.
He is nearly 6ft and as I said bikes are not my thing. So just wanted advice on what's out there and what's the best option for him. Typical boy the faster the better. Preferably something that will last a while

I'm with Badstar, My nephew is 12 years and goes to a local track some weekends. He owns a KTM 65 sx but maybe it will be small soon. My advice is to go for a 80cc KX, CR or YZ(BIG WHEEL OF COURSE)

Elephant32

Many thanks for the imputation.  Much appreciated

Vortex_Damien

if he is nearly 6ft i would recommend a 125cc 2 stroke  or a  250cc 4 stroke .. 6 ft on a 85cc or lower is rather unsafe.. because riding on a mx track will make him want to jump! and rather him on something that 1 the suspension will handle and 2.. he can learn rather quick skill on what to do on a bike that is your size