• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 12:46:36 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Having more time for replay

Started by HITCH, February 20, 2017, 04:50:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HITCH

February 20, 2017, 04:50:36 PM Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 05:15:04 PM by HITCH

Hi Piboso,

first of all I wanted to tell you that you are doing a very good job.

Would it be possible to have more time on the replays? The replay lasts only one lap. It would be nice that the replay lasts all the cession as for the game assetto corsa.

Thank you.

teeds

Welcome Hitch. You can change the amount that's recorded by changing a setting in your ini files, see here, 2nd post - http://forum.mx-bikes.com/index.php?topic=198.0

:)
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

HITCH

GDUBMX

be warned Hitch, there is a bug that if the track is over  a certain size and you have a bigger (non default) replay buffer, the game will just crash when you try to load those tracks. Piboso is aware of this and said they havent figured out how to fix it yet.
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

HITCH

thanks for the information GDUBMX  :).

grimm

Quote from: GDUBMX on February 20, 2017, 06:53:01 PM
be warned Hitch, there is a bug that if the track is over  a certain size and you have a bigger (non default) replay buffer, the game will just crash when you try to load those tracks. Piboso is aware of this and said they havent figured out how to fix it yet.

That totally explains why a bunch of tracks "suddenly" stopped working and I had to reinstall MXB. After the install and adding all the tracks back, it worked.

Kind of odd that I dumped the deformation files and some tracks started to work again before the reinstall... but that may be completely unrelated. I've since left the replay buffer at standard setting and haven't had a single issue with tracks of any size though. Glad it was just something simple, and your explanation makes it clear as glass that of the things I changed it was the replay buffer that had caused the sudden core crashes trying to load larger tracks.
Quote from: PiBoSo on March 13, 2017, 12:03:51 AM

GO GO Gadget positive attitude!

GDUBMX

np guys, glad i helped. hopefully we can get this fixed soon!
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

BadStar

Makes sense that when you dumbed your deform files some of the tracks started to work.. If it's memory related, I am guessing you cleared up just enough memory to run the tracks with your specific replay buff size.

Kind of like layers in track editing..it seems that after so many layers, it starts to have problems. High detail is most likely less layers until issues and higher number for lower detail layers.

Just a guess..
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime