• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:40:24 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

First Track SX Projet By Conceptgraff

Started by conceptgraffmxs, February 13, 2017, 02:50:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

conceptgraffmxs

Hey guys
I just created this topic to present my project and to follow the progress here is some screen to start :)

BadStar

Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Looks neat mate.. Would be nice to see some pics of the track that don't focus on the bike though ;D

BadStar

I was admiring the palm tree's and forgot all about the track.. so yea, show the track! Lol
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

conceptgraffmxs

BadStar

I can't say much bc I am not "good" at track making but I can tell the triples are too steep in some ways..

but, I stick to my theory

You will probably end up being a top track skinner around at some point (and soon)

Maybe we can have you texture everything!
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

conceptgraffmxs

Quote from: BadStar on February 14, 2017, 12:02:11 AM
I can't say much bc I am not "good" at track making but I can tell the triples are too steep in some ways..

but, I stick to my theory

You will probably end up being a top track skinner around at some point (and soon)

Maybe we can have you texture everything!

Thank you for your support I appreciate your help with pleasure I will need help for textures and have more shadows on the track as well as add the file noise I will put a video to show a preview and I think tomorrow give a first beta To test for returns and modify what does not go
(sorry for my bad english is google traduction )

BadStar

Quote from: geofanatec on February 14, 2017, 02:10:25 AM
Remember to move sun position to create more shadows and not just texture it in :)

Sun by default is high in the sky and not much for shadows.

Wish I knew how.. when I adjust the params it doesn't seem to affect anything in mapview
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

BadStar

All the sky files are in the folder and I can switch from Clear/Cloudy/Rainy in mapview anytime..

When I edit the params for light it doesn't seem to change it.. but for sure missing something simple as usual
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

conceptgraffmxs

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Remember for best results, make sure your AMB and Params sun position are the same. The Params sun position is used to calculate track shading including (I believe) objects, and the AMB is used to calculate dynamic shadows for the bike. If they don't match it looks weird.

Good start conceptgraff :)

Asdrael

Track looks good (even if you need shadows ;) ) but I would say everything appears too steep judging by how the bike tries to sweep out on take offs and how you have troubles timing landings. Try lowering your hmf/tht height by 10%, would probably be better.
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

BadStar

Quote from: TFC on February 14, 2017, 06:05:37 AM
Remember for best results, make sure your AMB and Params sun position are the same. The Params sun position is used to calculate track shading including (I believe) objects, and the AMB is used to calculate dynamic shadows for the bike. If they don't match it looks weird.

Good start conceptgraff :)

This must be what I was missing... because I have always used "all" the files needed for the tracks. Thx!
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime